• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing all sort of relationship with a bank

CyberPsych

TF Ace
If I close all sorts of accounts (savings, current, credit, loan, etc accounts) with a specific bank, will they delete all my data from their servers? If yes, how long it will take?

If I apply for a credit card or load after, say 180 days, will I be considered as a new customer or customer with existing relationship because there is history of relationship?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Okay do this , in this order…

1) close your FK card immediately I.e tomorrow..
It’s a waste card anyway that too you have it as paid

2) open a liberty sb account online tomorrow itself..

3) wait for pre approved offers. You would most likely get them in around 1 month..

apply thru Airtel app, you will get it definitely…

Before closing FK, take any axis basic core card thru CC .. this will definitely help you in getting Airtel card
Pre-approved cards will only show when you have a bank account with them. Otherwise some MRCode error will show in that page and tell you that your account type is not supported.
@NShah @helloworld I was randomly checking Axis mobile app and the pre approved cards section showed to me. I applied for Ace successfully. At least I got Ace for now.

18-Nov-23: One more guy found this and posted in Axis CC thread --> https://www.technofino.in/community...edit-card-offer-for-non-account-holder.19799/

Today 17-Dec-23: I got it --> https://www.technofino.in/community...re-approved-offers-for-cc-only-holders.20847/

connection01

TF Buzz
I closed my savings account with HDFC bank approximately 9 years ago. I can still login to net banking with same customer id. It just has the savings account unmapped from my customer id but I can still login, reset password using OTP etc.

its_karan

TF Ace
If I close all sorts of accounts (savings, current, credit, loan, etc accounts) with a specific bank, will they delete all my data from their servers? If yes, how long it will take?

If I apply for a credit card or load after, say 180 days, will I be considered as a new customer or customer with existing relationship because there is history of relationship?
The law says:

5 and 10 years.

• 5 years: Read Section 12.
  • 10 years: Read Rules.
PMLA and PMLA Rules.

Not my view, just the law.
Plus I am not bifurcating data[KYC/Transaction(suspicious/nonsuspicious)]
Do your own research.

Attachments

• chrome_Yrajdn3x2n.png
    chrome_Yrajdn3x2n.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
  • chrome_sFF22YOa7D.png
    chrome_sFF22YOa7D.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The law says:

5 and 10 years.

• 5 years: Read Section 12.
  • 10 years: Read Rule 6 with Rule 10.
PMLA and PMLA Rules.

Not my view, just the law
This data will be presented to the law enforcement authorities if needed.
this data will not be used in taking their business decisions for that long..
Purposes are different