• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing ICICI Credit card

lightwaves

TF Premier
Hello community,

I have two credit cards from ICICI, MMT and a coral Rupay card.

MMT Platinum is 3 years old and Rupay Card is 8 months. Both have a shared limit of 7 lakhs. and Both are LTF.

I dont use these cards very often and I think its unnecessarily increasing my credit exposure (higher total credit limit).

So I am thinking of closing one of them and keeping one. Please guide on the following:
1. Which is better to close?
2. Will there be any hit on CIBIL?

Thanks

Reactions: SSV
Solution
Yes, I have the two cards older than MMT:
1. CITI Rewards : 5 Years
2. Axis Flipkart : 3.5 years
Hello community,

I have two credit cards from ICICI, MMT and a coral Rupay card.

MMT Platinum is 3 years old and Rupay Card is 8 months. Both have a shared limit of 7 lakhs. and Both are LTF.

I dont use these cards very often and I think its unnecessarily increasing my credit exposure (higher total credit limit).

So I am thinking of closing one of them and keeping one. Please guide on the following:
1. Which is better to close?
2. Will there be any hit on CIBIL?

Thanks

Then with Eyes closed..
1) Close MMT.. keep Coral Rupay..
Coral is a core card and will be useful in further upgrades and offers.. Dont take any other...
Sure @SSV garu. I will add a link to this thread in the main thread. I posted here as I was updating periodically here.

I would like to express my gratitude to you, @SSV garu. You're doing an exceptional job of keeping the community informed on these finer details which are very helpful and if planned well, we can navigate very well. Thanks again and cheers.
Super .. yes I would love to benefit the community at large of my knowledge which contains very finer points ..
Enjoy ...life is very short.. Have fun !!

Back