• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing regalia to get regalia gold ltf.

I am maintaining salary account in hdfc bank. I have HDFC regalia as LTF card for past 2 years. I am not using it anymore as the rewards are low for that card also recently hdfc devalued hdfc regalia for lounge access. Should I close this card? If i close it will i be offered with regalia gold as ltf in future?

I am maintaining salary account in hdfc bank. I have HDFC regalia as LTF card for past 2 years. I am not using it anymore as the rewards are low for that card also recently hdfc devalued hdfc regalia for lounge access. Should I close this card? If i close it will i be offered with regalia gold as ltf in future?
  • I would suggest not to do this, HDFC has largely stopped issuing LTF cards
  • Closing Regalia has no co-relation with being offered Regalia Gold
  • A better strategy would be to keep the HDFC Regalia and wait for an upgrade. You can increase the chances of the upgrade by a) keeping more account balance (Preferred or higher) and b) continuing to spend on Regalia (if you don't have a better card)
  • Most RMs don't have any discretionary power, they see in their system what you see, when you apply for card online on HDFC Bank website or NetBanking

• I would suggest not to do this, HDFC has largely stopped issuing LTF cards
  • Closing Regalia has no co-relation with being offered Regalia Gold
  • A better strategy would be to keep the HDFC Regalia and wait for an upgrade. You can increase the chances of the upgrade by a) keeping more account balance (Preferred or higher) and b) continuing to spend on Regalia (if you don't have a better card)
  • Most RMs don't have any discretionary power, they see in their system what you see, when you apply for card online on HDFC Bank website or NetBanking
The thing is, I am already an Imperia customer, I got an upgrade already for regalia gold but it's a paid one. Since my regalia is LTF didn't want to upgrade to a paid card. Still i am seeing many customers are getting LTF cards. That is why asking this.

The thing is, I am already an Imperia customer, I got an upgrade already for regalia gold but it's a paid one. Since my regalia is LTF didn't want to upgrade to a paid card. Still i am seeing many customers are getting LTF cards. That is why asking this.
  • In that case, since you're an Imperia customer, Regalia Gold LTF might be possible
  • Email customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com mentioning that you're an Imperia customer (Cust ID) and you'd like to get Regalia Gold LTF since the rewards on your existing Regalia ending with XXXX is very poor

How come? Is it because you sent an email to them on customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com??
I sent mail long back(June mid), in response they told me to fill the upgrade form and send all the supporting docs like salary slip, statement etc to chennai office by courier, in this digital era who will ask docs in courier? 🤦‍♂️

My guess is that, if they ask docs by post no one would send them, that might be the reason they are telling us to send it via post. I asked whether they can assure LTF if i send docs they said they cannot unless they get docs by post 🥲 So i just didn’t do anything.

Out of no where last week when i checked in mycards upgrade option with 0 annual fee was there so i took it 🤷‍♂️

I sent mail long back(June mid), in response they told me to fill the upgrade form and send all the supporting docs like salary slip, statement etc to chennai office by courier, in this digital era who will ask docs in courier? 🤦‍♂️

My guess is that, if they ask docs by post no one would send them, that might be the reason they are telling us to send it via post. I asked whether they can assure LTF if i send docs they said they cannot unless they get docs by post 🥲 So i just didn’t do anything.

Out of no where last week when i checked in mycards upgrade option with 0 annual fee was there so i took it 🤷‍♂️
Wow, that was a good luck.

Even I am trying the same from past 2 months, they said no we can't offer LTF instead we can offer FYF, then I said no i need only LTF otherwise I will continue with normal Regalia only.

Wow, that was a good luck.

Even I am trying the same from past 2 months, they said no we can't offer LTF instead we can offer FYF, then I said no i need only LTF otherwise I will continue with normal Regalia only.
Don't do anything for now bro, they will give LTF after some months i guess. Weird thing is i got FYF to regalia gold like 9 months back, then after some time they remove the upgrade for my card, and suddenly last week LTF upgrade was offered. So better wait and see.

Don't do anything for now bro, they will give LTF after some months i guess. Weird thing is i got FYF to regalia gold like 9 months back, then after some time they remove the upgrade for my card, and suddenly last week LTF upgrade was offered. So better wait and see.
Sure, thanks for suggestion. Will wait for it.

I too have a Regalia LTF, which needs to be renewed in Decemeber. HDFC is offering Regalia Gold as FYF, not LTF. Since I am not intrested in this offer, I think they will issue renewed Regalia in Decemeber. Fingers crossed!

I too have a Regalia LTF, which needs to be renewed in Decemeber. HDFC is offering Regalia Gold as FYF, not LTF. Since I am not intrested in this offer, I think they will issue renewed Regalia in Decemeber. Fingers crossed!
100% they will renew this.
Even I requested 3 days back a regalia card replacement and I got the same old regalia card with replacement. So on old card nothing is concerned. Don't worry.

Reactions: Neo
100% they will renew this.
Even I requested 3 days back a regalia card replacement and I got the same old regalia card with replacement. So on old card nothing is concerned. Don't worry.
Customer care team has confirmed me that my existing Regalia will continue as LTF after renewal. I don't see a strong reason (other than domestic lounge benefit, which is not linked to spend criteria ? ) to go for paid Regalia Gold. I will continue with Regalia LTF.

Back