• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Closing the Regalia Gold Card

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys
I was holding regalia LTF for a long time and upgraded to regalia gold last year as FYF. Since its a card with very poor returns, I hardly used the card and I am planning to cancel it.
I hold a Tata Neu Infinity card (FYF).
I wanted to know if it is okay to close an HDFC core card and keep only a co branded card?
Will it become difficult to apply another core card in the future if I want to?
Also planning to apply for HDFC swiggy card in the future, is it going to be a hinderance?

Thanks in advance.

Akashn

TF Ace
I wanted to know if it is okay to close an HDFC core card and keep only a co branded card?
Yes. You won't be able to apply for core card but you can ask hdfc to upgrade your co-branded card to core card.

Also planning to apply for HDFC swiggy card in the future, is it going to be a hinderance?
No problem in that.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You should have stayed with lft regalia when your spends are not high on this card. Even i got many emails from them to upgrade to Regalia gold FYF. I just stayed put
Exactly. I hold regalia first LTF and they pester me every few months with a new card like Millenia or Gold, but they never offer a LTF card.
HDFC cards are good atleast for buying apple devices, you always get cashback straight from the launch dates.

maynigam

TF Premier
Exactly. I hold regalia first LTF and they pester me every few months with a new card like Millenia or Gold, but they never offer a LTF card.
HDFC cards are good atleast for buying apple devices, you always get cashback straight from the launch dates.
All such offers can be availed on co branded card as well na?

jhanishdev

TF Buzz
Regalia seems totally useless. Atleast regalia gold had good lounge access and priority pass!
The business variant of Regalia LTF still has free lounge access alongwith addon card. Used personally.

Also the limits of recent devaluations are better than standard Regalia LTF. It's the points redemption that's the problem.

I had converted my Business Regalia to Rupay.C9nvertedb8t back due to issues of international acceptance, international lounge access and lack of acceptance on UPI.

Regalia gold is definitely not worth2500+tax. I feel idfc wealth, federal celesta and Indusind Pinnacle, kotak zen signature and Standard chartered Easemytrip to be better deals with lounge access,ltf and online offers on Amazon and bookmyshow.thats my opinion and yours can differ.

For me, HDFC isn't getting any new business or card usage unless and until I get a ltf upgrade offer. Period.

Last edited:

maynigam

TF Premier
The business variant of Regalia LTF still has free lounge access alongwith addon card. Used personally.

Also the limits of recent devaluations are better than standard Regalia LTF. It's the points redemption that's the problem.

I had converted my Business Regalia to Rupay.C9nvertedb8t back due to issues of international acceptance, international lounge access and lack of acceptance on UPI.

Regalia gold is definitely not worth2500+tax. I feel idfc wealth, federal celesta and Indusind Pinnacle, kotak zen signature and Standard chartered Easemytrip to be better deals with lounge access,ltf and online offers on Amazon and bookmyshow.thats my opinion and yours can differ.

For me, HDFC isn't getting any new business or card usage unless and until I get a ltf upgrade offer. Period.
Now that I have Atlas and BOB Eterna. Lounge access is not a problem. Definitely no need for regalia gold

Hello guys
I was holding regalia LTF for a long time and upgraded to regalia gold last year as FYF. Since its a card with very poor returns, I hardly used the card and I am planning to cancel it.

Thanks in advance.
Try to make Regalia gold LTF. If it takes time, meantime upgrade it to Millennia FYF or LTF (as fee waiver criteria can be easily achievable). Later try to push for LTF upgrade to higher variant card after few months. Don't loose core card, atleast take virtual rupay card. Annual fee is 99 Rs + GST.

Fini7777

TF Premier
Hello guys

Thanks in advance.
I recommend u to apply swiggy card first and close or downgrade to millennia/Moneyback+ LTF