• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Compensation as per RBI

But aren't obligated to inform this on closing request itself? Atleast you should have received alerts for the same upon giving closure request, that some credit balance is pending, give request for withdrawal/ transfer into your bank account, like SBI did in @vine case.

They weren't supposed to remain silent about this, that you have credit balance of ₹0.06, kindly give us consent to credit the amount in your account. Upon sucessful credit, we will be able to close the account fully and permanently, till then it will remain cancelled.

They are doing practicing unfair trade practices, that's all.
Totally agree. I didn't receive such sms/mails. One or two I may have missed but would have definitely noticed repeated sms/mails over a 6 year period.

Totally agree. I didn't receive such sms/mails. One or two I may have missed but would have definitely noticed repeated sms/mails over a 6 year period.
Yes, even supposed to get informed via manual call/e-mail on placing request manually (via call/e-mail/branch).

My story...
I got the option to apply for first year free hdfc pixel credit card on payzapp app, so i thought of applying ans it was first year free. Started the application process, it showed my details (as i am already a hdfc customer) and i had to accept the terms and condition, but it always gave error saying "something went wrong, plase try after sometime". I tried many times but same issue so i raised a ticked with payzapp team for the issue, they registered the complaint and said will get back to me after few days. After few days i tried again, error was gone, moved past step 1, cibil and experian hit done and was offered 2 cards, but whenever I selected any card same error happened. So again raised ticked, again they asked for time. But one day they replied that there was some issues from banks end so i have to reapply. Then i said to delate the cibil enquiry to which they denied.
So i filed complaint in rbi with all the proof. After few days got a call from hdfc saying about the complaint and said that we can delete the enquiry and i have to reapply again. I told that I wasn't allowed to complete the application then why should i apply again and waste another cibil enquiry, if you're telling me to reapply then delete the previous enquiry as it was yours problem. But she was not ready to hear anything and repeatedly telling that we have no authority to remove cibil enquiry. In while call duration, she put me on hold 3 times to talk to senior. At last i told her as you said this call i being recored and on a recorded call you are giving false information to customer that a cibil enquiry cant be removed and i can give you numerous proofs from your bank itself where you guys removed cibil enquiry. After hearing this the lady said sir please give some time and we will get back to you.
And today i got email form hdfc and they asked for cibil report in pdf so that remove the enquiry and also offered me a ₹1000 gift coupon of my choice.
Btw i asked for compensation of ₹5000 😜
Suggest me what to do.

Can you share
My story...
I got the option to apply for first year free hdfc pixel credit card on payzapp app, so i thought of applying ans it was first year free. Started the application process, it showed my details (as i am already a hdfc customer) and i had to accept the terms and condition, but it always gave error saying "something went wrong, plase try after sometime". I tried many times but same issue so i raised a ticked with payzapp team for the issue, they registered the complaint and said will get back to me after few days. After few days i tried again, error was gone, moved past step 1, cibil and experian hit done and was offered 2 cards, but whenever I selected any card same error happened. So again raised ticked, again they asked for time. But one day they replied that there was some issues from banks end so i have to reapply. Then i said to delate the cibil enquiry to which they denied.
So i filed complaint in rbi with all the proof. After few days got a call from hdfc saying about the complaint and said that we can delete the enquiry and i have to reapply again. I told that I wasn't allowed to complete the application then why should i apply again and waste another cibil enquiry, if you're telling me to reapply then delete the previous enquiry as it was yours problem. But she was not ready to hear anything and repeatedly telling that we have no authority to remove cibil enquiry. In while call duration, she put me on hold 3 times to talk to senior. At last i told her as you said this call i being recored and on a recorded call you are giving false information to customer that a cibil enquiry cant be removed and i can give you numerous proofs from your bank itself where you guys removed cibil enquiry. After hearing this the lady said sir please give some time and we will get back to you.
And today i got email form hdfc and they asked for cibil report in pdf so that remove the enquiry and also offered me a ₹1000 gift coupon of my choice.
Btw i asked for compensation of ₹5000 😜
Suggest me what to do.
Can you share that screen shot because same is also my issue

Back