• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Complimentary Bajaj Insurance created on my hdfc savings account without my consent

gowmara

TF Select
Complimentary Bajaj Insurance created on my hdfc savings account without my consent by hdfc bank. All my bank account details shared by hdfc to Bajaj without my consent.

I asked hdfc grievance team but they repeating same awnser like premium paid by bank and its complimentary insurance.

I still not able to understand how hdfc can share customer records without consent. Can I log complaint with RBI.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
Complimentary Bajaj Insurance created on my hdfc savings account without my consent by hdfc bank. All my bank account details shared by hdfc to Bajaj without my consent.

I asked hdfc grievance team but they repeating same awnser like premium paid by bank and its complimentary insurance.

I still not able to understand how hdfc can share customer records without consent. Can I log complaint with RBI.
Ask them to provide you the terms and conditions of the insurance.

You can ask them to cancel the same.

If the Bajaj Insurance wasn't in the benefits or terms and conditions of the savings account then you can proceed with RBI ombudsman.

Always keep yourself legally water tight before going to RBI. Get the T&C documents, read and understand them.

varun__goel_

TF Legend

What type of insurance is that?

shrewdoc

TF Ace
You must be under Vishesh Banking Program.

Download your account statement and check for Vishesh written somewhere.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
You must be under Vishesh Banking Program.

Download your account statement and check for Vishesh written somewhere.
There must be an opt out system.
Else he would have to change his branch to Urban or Metro, right?

gowmara

TF Select
Thanks everyone. I downloaded my statement and I could see a label Vishesh. I was not a classic customer earlier, but some how based on my account holding they have moved my account to vishesh variant.

If some change is happening it's responsibility of bank to intimate through email. I cannot trust hdfc. So I am going to request them to close my insurance. (Policy doc is not clear.)

doraemon

TF Legend
Same case here
I got message that one policy is created in my name
On talking with cc they disclosed HDFC Bank is the culprit
What to do now?
It's w some 500 per day policy for hospital admit

Premium amount ₹168 to be borne by HDFc

I never consented for that

gowmara

TF Select
Same case here
I got message that one policy is created in my name
On talking with cc they disclosed HDFC Bank is the culprit
What to do now?
It's w some 500 per day policy for hospital admit

Premium amount ₹168 to be borne by HDFc

I never consented for that
Have you upgraded to classic account? Insurance is complimentary benefit and you no need to pay any amount

its_karan

TF Ace
I saw a complimentary health checkup in policy
How to claim that
Do I need to get admit in hospital for that?
Find this Hospital

Fgen0htUoAA-2a4.jpg

Pakde gaye toh Yaad rakhna Kya Karna hai

getting-heart-attack-while-eating-Munna-bhai-meme.jpg