• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Confused on what to do

Adith

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey guys,

I started a Salary account with HDFC and got the Moneyback+ CC. Based on everything i read here, i skipped the Tata Neu Plus that i was eligible for and waited for the Millenia.

My MB+ started with 40k Limit and i recieved a LE to 80K after 5 months and just around the 3rd week of last month , around 10months after i started with HDFC, i saw that i was eligible for one of three cards when i checked Credit Card offers list i.e Millenia, Tata Neu Plus and Swiggy . I applied and recieved the Millenia CC with direct Limit upgrade of 1.7L. But its been more than 2+ weeks now and my MB+ is still active. I thought that my MB+ will get deactivated once i start using Millenia but no change so far.

My Confusion is that i had recieved an offer on MB+ which basically said that i need to do 6 transactions of 500+ to recieve 1000Rs Amazon coupon and have to finish it before July 1. Ive done the transactions. If i cancel the MB+, i wont get the offer reward correct? And it doesnt make sense to have both MB+ and Millenia. What do i do?

Hi @Premium . Thanks for the amazing suggestion !! Spoke to customer care with the number just like you suggested .

Was told that usually customers can have only one core and one co-branded card , but even then it won't be deactivated. They said that I can have both cards or raise a request to have it closed. Was suggested to keep the card till I get the amazon coupon and then close the card by calling the customer care. And this is what I'm going to do.

Also got to know that my millenia cc is actually LTF and my money-back + is paid. I actually was thinking it's in reverse till today. Do I need to send an email to confirm that the Millenia is LTF ? And is there any benefits have an LTF millenia ?

Thanks again for the straightforward solution, really helped.

I mean like getting Millenia LTF makes it easier to upgrade to Regalia , or when I do get Regalia it will be auto LTF etc

Do I need to send an email to confirm that the Millenia is LTF ? And is there any benefits have an LTF millenia ?
It would be great, if you could ask them in written (email) regarding the LTF status for your Millennia card, and yes, having LTF millennia is great. Its still pretty good card in cashback segment cards.

I mean like getting Millenia LTF makes it easier to upgrade to Regalia , or when I do get Regalia it will be auto LTF etc
Generally, upgrades are never LTF in HDFC, but you never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back