• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Convenience fees will be levied on Credit card payment

Hello All,

Has anybody received an email from HDFC Life saying they will charge convenience fees for auto debit on credit card - starting September?

Any thoughts and any ideas to avoid this?

I prefer paying all recurring payments via CC and then paying a lumpsum through my bank account - I have been doing it for years.

=========================

Attention! Convenience fees will be levied on Credit card payment for policy no.

Thank you for choosing HDFC Life.
This is to inform you that the Auto-debit facility for premium payment towards your policy is active on your registered credit card. From 10/09/2024 a convenience fee will be charged by the payment gateway for all policy premium payments through any credit card.

In line with the above, a convenience fee will be charged on each credit card payment for future premium dues of your policy. Alternatively, you can choose one of the two options:
Enable the Auto-debit facility on your bank account/debit card instead of your credit card to avoid any convenience fees, simply click here to re-register.
While it is not recommended, if you wish to deactivate auto-debit on your registered credit card, please send in your request from the My Account online portal or visit your nearest branch. Change in mandate or deactivation should happen at least 7 working days prior to your premium due date.

Back