• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Convert HDFC Normal Savings Account to Salary Family Account

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,
Can anyone share his/her experience with converting normal HDFC savings account of family member to HDFC Salary Family Account with 0AMB?

Please note it’s Salary Family Account.
HDFC support opening new Salary Family account which I already did but for one of my sibling already holding a HDFC Savings account which I wanted to convert so that she can enjoy 0MAB and free debit card feature.

Hi,
Can anyone share his/her experience with converting normal HDFC savings account of family member to HDFC Salary Family Account with 0AMB?

Please note it’s Salary Family Account.
HDFC support opening new Salary Family account which I already did but for one of my sibling already holding a HDFC Savings account which I wanted to convert so that she can enjoy 0MAB and free debit card feature.

Unlimited ATM transactions features are available only for Salary holders. Family members can enjoy free debit card and 0 MAB account.

@stech18 were you able to do this? If so, mind telling me the steps you followed. I'm trying to do the same for my spouse
I have recently applied for a salary family account for my mother at HDFC. I first called my RM to confirm the documents needed for it, but she said that they no longer offer salary family accounts and had asked me to instead go for a normal savings account.

But when I visited my home branch for opening the account, I met with the person who had opened my salary account. He said that since I have a salary account he can open a salary family account for my mother which will make her account 0 MAB. So we went ahead with it. He asked for my Customer ID (to link the account) and a cheque from my salary account for initial deposit. And finally, the account got activated yesterday!

I have recently applied for a salary family account for my mother at HDFC. I first called my RM to confirm the documents needed for it, but she said that they no longer offer salary family accounts and had asked me to instead go for a normal savings account.

But when I visited my home branch for opening the account, I met with the person who had opened my salary account. He said that since I have a salary account he can open a salary family account for my mother which will make her account 0 MAB. So we went ahead with it. He asked for my Customer ID (to link the account) and a cheque from my salary account for initial deposit. And finally, the account got activated yesterday!

Thanks, that was helpful. I will do it through branch as well. How much initial deposit did they ask? I was told to submit a cheque of 25k and to open a Savings Max account, in order for it to be linked to my salary account

Thanks, that was helpful. I will do it through branch as well. How much initial deposit did they ask? I was told to submit a cheque of 25k and to open a Savings Max account, in order for it to be linked to my salary account
I just opened a regular savings account with Rs. 5000 initial funding and then the bank employee linked the it with my salary account.

Did someone able to convert normal savings account to family savings account in hdfc?
My father has a savings account with MAB of 10k. I wanted to link it to my salary account to make it zero MAB. How can we do that

Back