• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Converting ₹25K MAB IDFC FIRST Bank account to a ₹10K MAB one

CosmicCat

TF Ace
Has anyone here converted their ₹25K MAB IDFC FIRST Bank savings account to a ₹10K one? If you did, did they automatically block the Visa Platinum debit card and issue a Classic one? Or you had to do it manually?

Were there any charges levied while doing so?

Solution
UPDATE: Today, in the afternoon, dad went to the branch to convert his 25K Savings account variant to the 10K one. They just asked him to fill out an Account Conversion form. And an SR was created for it by the branch official. (No SMS/email was sent for SR number creation; it was just visible in the app.)

Within 2 hours, he got an SMS as well as email that the SR has been successfully processed and closed. When I logged in, I noticed that his account was successfully converted to the 10K variant. It used to previously show as "Savings - Regular" for the 25K MAB variant, then was automatically converted to "Savings - Senior Citizen" the day he turned 60. And, now, after the conversion, it shows the...
Very nice and useful information.
thanks
For activating a new DC, the only option available in the IDFC app and IVR is "Generate PIN". Is that the only way for IDFC DCs?
i generally do it through netbanking. u can ask cc for all possible ways.
Are you able to use all of them currently?
of course
I hold wealth card and have 10k MAB account, can I ask them to make zero MAB , is it possible ?
they don't have a zero MAB account unless you are a student.

i generally do it through netbanking. u can ask cc for all possible ways.
I wasn't asking the means to activate the DC.
For other banks, one doesn't need to generate PIN to activate a DC. One can activate the DC by other ways without having to ever generate a PIN. IDFC on the other hand seems, is forcing customers to activate DC via PIN generation.

UPDATE: Today, in the afternoon, dad went to the branch to convert his 25K Savings account variant to the 10K one. They just asked him to fill out an Account Conversion form. And an SR was created for it by the branch official. (No SMS/email was sent for SR number creation; it was just visible in the app.)

Within 2 hours, he got an SMS as well as email that the SR has been successfully processed and closed. When I logged in, I noticed that his account was successfully converted to the 10K variant. It used to previously show as "Savings - Regular" for the 25K MAB variant, then was automatically converted to "Savings - Senior Citizen" the day he turned 60. And, now, after the conversion, it shows the account variant as "Savings - Senior Citizen 10K."

Also, a new Visa Classic debit card is showing in the app too as "Inactive." And the existing Visa Platinum one is active as well. So far no charges have been deducted. Will keep you all posted if any charges are deducted.
ANOTHER UPDATE:
The Visa Platinum debit card was removed from the app automatically right after I activated the Visa Classic one by generating its PIN. Now it shows the Visa Classic debit card only.

Although any SMS or email wasn't sent by them explicitly mentioning the blockage of the Visa Platinum card, but I do think they must have permanently blocked it from their end automatically.

CC: @telescope

Solution
Back