• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Corporate salary account vs normal savings account to fetch a mid-premium range CC

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Hello All,

My company has a tie-up with Standard Chartered and they are offering Priority/Premium banking with LTF Visa Infinite Card for Priority & Super Value Titanium CC for Premium.

I have done some research on Standard Chartered CCs & DCs but they don't seem to be great.

I am basically looking for a mid-premium range CC to get 3-5% return, I do know that Axis Atlas & HDFC Infinia gives a return in the range of (13-16%). However, I wish to add Axis Atlas and Regalia Gold. I have opened a SavingsMax account with HDFC recently.

I was wondering if I open a salary account with Axis, will they give it for LTF? But my company doesn't have corporate tie-up with Axis or HDFC and I am not willing to park several lacs in a savings account.

Nett monthly salary- 2.5lacs

Yearly spend goes till 6-7lacs when include travel.

Currently holding CCs - Citibank rewards, AmazonPay ICICI, Flipkart Axis.

Currently I hold an account with HSBC which seems to be pretty screwed up, they run a 5% cashback offer but they deny to give the cashback because mine is not a "corporate" salary account. This is why I am looking to move to a different bank for a salary account too.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
What's a good setup?
SBI cashback + ??
Consider some amount spent on overseas travel every year, plus online spends on Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato + Offline spends.
Offline+ travel atlas u can club this with amex prat travel as axis can be Litte unreliable
Sbi cashback work everywhere
Take apay for insurance payment etc 1%

& U r covered..
U can try hdfc millniea & keep on getting l.e for infinia or infina reserve if it comes

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Many banks aren't opening salary account without corporate tie ups. So 1st you need to check will they do it or not. For burgundy also you need to clarify cuz normal criteria is 3L net and axis is very particular about it.

Chances of burgundy +m4b+Atlas ltf is extremely low. If you get burgundy, you can ask for Atlas ltf. But get it in writing that you'll get burgundy account and Atlas ltf issued within 20-25days. Unlike hdfc , axis processes are streamlined so that is enough time.

Atlas and Regalia Gold together makes no sense for your spends. In that case you won't reach milestone in either one.
I understand. Unfortunately the banks are closed here today, I was just too hopeful for them to remain open on an election day -_-
I don't think this can be clarified unless I go to the branch. Few more days to be able to settle the queries.

I would suggest to get dcb. You will pay fee ~12k. But you can easily recover it if you plan your spend properly and plan to redeem for hotel/air travel. But it has a lot of exclusions even fuel.

Atlas is good card even after devaluation. (Unless they block your rps randomly). Regalia gold makes sense at 7.5L spend. If your spend on reg gold will be <6L & you cant reach 3 out of 4 quarterly milestone, it won't make much sense. The base reward is low. Real cb cards like sbi Cb or millenia will suit better there.
One positive thing is smart buy and free cab coupon if you book flight using regalia gold. Also you'll easily reach fee waiver milestone.
DCB has some acceptance related issues? Also I don't think I will be able to spend so much every year. DCB & Infinia seems scary to me, because of their waiver criterias.

But you and others did provide good input and clarity that Atlas + Regalia gold doesn't make sense. I will have to go for either of those.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thank you. This helped. (y)
The cards shown to me are-
  1. Aura
  2. Indian Oil
  3. ACE
  4. MyZone
  5. Privilege
  6. Select
  7. Atlas
  8. Neo
  9. Samsung Infinite
  10. Axis Bank Rewards
  11. MyZone Rupay
  12. Samsung Signature
  13. Airtel Axis Bank Mastercard

But the CC Limit is the same as my FK, 1.5lacs only :rolleyes:

1714117247486.png
Get Airtel card from above list .

Then call customer care & get atlas if u want .

See if u can spend only on travel and hotel 10% through portal , it make sense also offline spend 4% reward .

Loopholes on atlas to earn reward has been closed .

_amit_

TF Premier
The credit limit will be shared.

Your monthly net income is 2.5 lakhs, and I believe if you request a limit enhancement from Axis, they should be able to provide you with at least 3-5 lakhs (or more), although I think your current limit is sufficient.

If you wish to increase it, you can email Axis through their support page email option, attaching your last 3 months' salary slips and suggesting an expected limit, say 7-10 lakhs. It's likely they will increase it, but there's a chance they may reject it, as it's at the bank's discretion.

This request would result in a CIBIL inquiry. In the past, I have requested them not to report to CIBIL or not to increase the limit if it will result in a CIBIL inquiry.

I don't usually worry much about the limit with my only Axis MyZone card, so I was able to increase the limit without a CIBIL inquiry using this approach. (They did perform a CIBIL inquiry regardless, but I managed to have it removed.)

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
L.e - limit enhancement
L.i - limit increase
Both are synonyms

Just mail axis bank for l.e
With your bank statement & salary slip of 3 month .
Ask atleast 5-8 lakh limit ( as u are planning to take atlas)
Thanks for explaining the abbreviations :)
I will try to get the limit extended. Last year when I tried, nothing happened. It seems to be black hole which takes your salary slips and give nothing in return. 😖

Get Airtel card from above list .

Then call customer care & get atlas if u want .

See if u can spend only on travel and hotel 10% through portal , it make sense also offline spend 4% reward .

Loopholes on atlas to earn reward has been closed .
Airtel is the way to Atlas? :O Yes, if in case I get Atlas, I would prefer to use it that way (travel through portal and offline).

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
The credit limit will be shared.

Your monthly net income is 2.5 lakhs, and I believe if you request a limit enhancement from Axis, they should be able to provide you with at least 3-5 lakhs (or more), although I think your current limit is sufficient.

If you wish to increase it, you can email Axis through their support page email option, attaching your last 3 months' salary slips and suggesting an expected limit, say 7-10 lakhs. It's likely they will increase it, but there's a chance they may reject it, as it's at the bank's discretion.

This request would result in a CIBIL inquiry. In the past, I have requested them not to report to CIBIL or not to increase the limit if it will result in a CIBIL inquiry.

I don't usually worry much about the limit with my only Axis MyZone card, so I was able to increase the limit without a CIBIL inquiry using this approach. (They did perform a CIBIL inquiry regardless, but I managed to have it removed.)
I hate when the banks do unnecessary CIBIL queries. In order to get it removed, I will have to email Axis bank only, right?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thanks for explaining the abbreviations :)
I will try to get the limit extended. Last year when I tried, nothing happened. It seems to be black hole which takes your salary slips and give nothing in return. 😖

Airtel is the way to Atlas? :O Yes, if in case I get Atlas, I would prefer to use it that way (travel through portal and offline).
Ah see Airtel
First time in history they are giving pre approved..so grab it's best for swiggy & 25% for Airtel
&10% for other recharge.

Atlas u can always get paid via customer care . Today tomorrow after month without it being pre approved

_amit_

TF Premier
I hate when the banks do unnecessary CIBIL queries. In order to get it removed, I will have to email Axis bank only, right?
Yes, only the creditor (here Axis) can modify the CIBIL.

However, they only remove if you are able to prove that the enquiry was wrong, sometimes they don't care about it either.

I explicitly mentioned in my email few times to not hit CIBIL or discard the LE request if you do in caps so they do not ignore this.

They did hit regardless, but as I never consented for CIBIL I was able to get it removed in 5-6 email chains.

sidp

TF Ace
Thank you. This helped. (y)
The cards shown to me are-
  1. Aura
  2. Indian Oil
  3. ACE
  4. MyZone
  5. Privilege
  6. Select
  7. Atlas
  8. Neo
  9. Samsung Infinite
  10. Axis Bank Rewards
  11. MyZone Rupay
  12. Samsung Signature
  13. Airtel Axis Bank Mastercard

1714117247486.png
Axis airtel is very useful card. Get that. Like i said earlier get Atlas as a upgrade to fk by calling phonebanking but do it only after you get airtel card. You will get it without cibil enquiry.

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
I understand. Unfortunately the banks are closed here today, I was just too hopeful for them to remain open on an election day -_-
I was thinking the same thing. How can you go to bank on voting day. 🤣 still you can check website/Google search to get bm number and call them. You can also request a call back.
DCB has some acceptance related issues? Also I don't think I will be able to spend so much every year.
Dcb has some acceptability issue which you can avert by using prepaid cards. Tricks available in this forum. One big issue is they don't consider fuel spend neither they give fuel rebate. Most fuel pump won't even accept it. Many people have decent spend on fuel. This is where you can lose rps.

Plus if you are planning to do air travel and hotel booking. You can recover much more than just annual fee. Plus the privilege of cutting the long queue at airport Lounges & unlimited lounge for self & add ons.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Ah see Airtel
First time in history they are giving pre approved..so grab it's best for swiggy & 25% for Airtel
&10% for other recharge.

Atlas u can always get paid via customer care . Today tomorrow after month without it being pre approved
Yes, only the creditor (here Axis) can modify the CIBIL.

However, they only remove if you are able to prove that the enquiry was wrong, sometimes they don't care about it either.

I explicitly mentioned in my email few times to not hit CIBIL or discard the LE request if you do in caps so they do not ignore this.

They did hit regardless, but as I never consented for CIBIL I was able to get it removed in 5-6 email chains.
Axis airtel is very useful card. Get that. Like i said earlier get Atlas as a upgrade to fk by calling phonebanking but do it only after you get airtel card. You will get it without cibil enquiry.

I just applied for Axis Airtel and it indeed required 3 clicks. I received a message that my credit card application has been approved and will receive the card shortly. Is it this seamless? :eek: I couldn't get over with the harrowing experience of Tata Neu Infinity with HDFC. And here this one was so smooth!
Thanks to @helloworld for helping in getting the customer ID.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Last year I applied for Tata Neu offline. After giving all the documents they reached my office for verification(I do wfh) and then they rejected my application. It was too much and I decided to let it all cool off. HDFC seems way strict than Axis :O
Hdfc is another lvl pain In the ass bank
Offline thing is messed up

Their legendry money back & Chennai office

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Last year I applied for Tata Neu offline. After giving all the documents they reached my office for verification(I do wfh) and then they rejected my application. It was too much and I decided to let it all cool off. HDFC seems way strict than Axis :O
If you want hdfc card just open a salary or savings account with it.

They give pre approved offers easily. Just maintain some MAB & FDs and pay your existing cc bills via HDFC Bill pay portal. Limit will depend on your spends more and less on balance but still have some balance. They will start bombing you with offers in 6 months, and mid premium cards within a year

sidp

TF Ace
I just applied for Axis Airtel and it indeed required 3 clicks. I received a message that my credit card application has been approved and will receive the card shortly. Is it this seamless? :eek: I couldn't get over with the harrowing experience of Tata Neu Infinity with HDFC. And here this one was so smooth!
Axis preapproved is great. Some people get provisionally approved msg & receive kyc call. But I didn't receive any. I received the physical within couple of days.

Even their application through kiosk at mall/airport is fast.
Only airtel axis, ace when you apply through 3rd party app and some times atlas takes time.

helloworld

TF Legend

because of this I mentioned netbanking route for axis, sadly no option for HDFC - so, only branch visit.

For, HDFC visit nearby branch and speak with Credit card team about your requirement and possible options for LTF ( yes, that is the place you can get because you're new to bank, so try at max. level and if not working go for FYF ), also if multiple branches available use wisely.

You can apply axis cards like this or thorough chat support anytime you want (but give a gap of 3 months, for safety).

But for LTF in axis, same branch and deal with salary or someother requirement, you can do whenever you're available.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Guys, I received the two cards(Axis Airtel & Amex Platinum Travel) today :) Thanks for the help and guidance.

The CL for Amex is quite good(6.4 lacs), as compared to what they gave me in 2015, I had a Gold Charge then but closed it after a year as the acceptance was low and I couldn't get much out of it.
The experience of activating etc. was real smooth for both of these.

Attachments

• PXL_20240430_111758951.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20240430_111758951.MP~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7