• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Could you recommend the best banks for opening a savings account that also offer pre-approved credit card options?

rishusing

TF Buzz
I’m turning 21 soon and I’m looking to open a savings account with a bank that provides pre-approved credit card offers. I'm willing to maintain a minimum average balance of 20-30K. My goal is to build my credit score while earning some cashback rewards in the process. Should I opt for a secured credit card upfront, or is it better to open the account first and then wait for a pre-approved offer? I’d appreciate your advice on this

I’m turning 21 soon and I’m looking to open a savings account with a bank that provides pre-approved credit card offers. I'm willing to maintain a minimum average balance of 20-30K. My goal is to build my credit score while earning some cashback rewards in the process. Should I opt for a secured credit card upfront, or is it better to open the account first and then wait for a pre-approved offer? I’d appreciate your advice on this
Go for HDFC

Go for HDFC

+1 . I'd recommend Savings Max variant, as OP is ready to keep 20-30k.

Axis Liberty SB account is also an option.

Should I opt for a secured credit card upfront, or is it better to open the account first and then wait for a pre-approved offer?

Go with Amazon Pay Later and do some shopping to go for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card. You may even get a zero-bal savings account when you use this path.

First procure secure CC to start building your credit profile.

HDFC is one of the first bank that comes to my list of getting pre approved credit card that too without income proof or verification. Just spend on POS / E-commerce using debit card & you will start getting pre approved offers within 3-6 months. You should open HDFC saving max account to get better pre approved offers.

+1 . I'd recommend Savings Max variant, as OP is ready to keep 20-30k.

Axis Liberty SB account is also an option.

Go with Amazon Pay Later and do some shopping to go for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card. You may even get a zero-bal savings account when you use this path.
Okay, do banks offers pre-approved cc offer in zero balance account?

Also without credit history can I get Amazon pay later?

Back