• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CPGRAMS - Rupay CC UPI not accepted by merchants

We are aware that most of the small merchants have disabled UPI payments via Rupay CC on their merchant QR, even for small value transactions below ₹2000.

For small merchants below ₹20 lakh turnover, the MDR charges are 0% for Rupay CC payments below ₹2000. I believe there shouldn't be an option to disable Rupay CC payment if the merchant bears no charges.

Therefore, I have filed a complaint with the Department of Financial Services (Ministry of Finance) through the CPGRAMS portal. I have attached my complaint.

I urge the TechnoFino community to lodge similar complaints via the CPGRAMS portal, so that the NPCI and the RBI take some action regarding the ongoing situation. Multiple complaints can move the wheels of the government.

The process of filing a complaint is described below:
  • Visit CPGRAMS (www.pgportal.gov.in).
  • Select "Lodge public grievance".
  • Tick the check box then click submit.
  • Select "Department of Financial Services (banking division)".
  • Under category select DIGITAL PAYMENT by scrolling to the bottom.
  • Write your complaint/grievance, attach a PDF (optional), and click submit.
  • Fill in your communication details on the next page and then finally click submit.

You can use my draft complaint below for filing your respective complaints.

Sir/Ma'am,

I acknowledge the satisfactory performance of the RBI and NPCI in promoting Rupay credit cards on UPI. They are bringing a digital payment revolution to India.

However, I have encountered many merchants during payments, who have disabled the acceptance of UPI payments via Rupay credit cards (even for small value transactions less than Rs 2000). I have attached a screenshot for reference. Such activities will essentially make Rupay credit cards on UPI completely useless in the near future.

For small merchants below ₹20 lakh turnover, the MDR charges are 0% for receiving Rupay CC payments below ₹2000. I believe that there should not be an option for disabling Rupay CC payment if no charges are being borne by the merchant.

Therefore, it would be helpful for the citizens of the country if appropriate action is taken by the relevant authorities to rectify the problem.

Regards,

[Your name]
Mob:

Attachments

• Grievance Status Rupay CC_page-0001.webp
    Grievance Status Rupay CC_page-0001.webp
    248.1 KB · Views: 49
  • photo_1_2024-08-21_16-46-03.webp
    photo_1_2024-08-21_16-46-03.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 47
  • photo_2_2024-08-21_16-46-03.webp
    photo_2_2024-08-21_16-46-03.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
No email for signup process came still.. an hour since filled the form...

Are you Sure this portal is legit... it is distributing APKs in the name of app download!! though looks legit... but apks??...
It is a legit official government website used to file complaints against central PSUs & state PSUs. Never encountered any download of files/APK while using it on my PC and phone. No app download is needed.

The website may be encountering server issues.

Attachments

• CPGRAMS 1.webp
    CPGRAMS 1.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 10
  • CPGRAMS 2.webp
    CPGRAMS 2.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 10
  • CPGRAMS 3.webp
    CPGRAMS 3.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
It is a legit official government website used to file complaints against central PSUs & state PSUs. Never encountered any download of files/APK while using it on my PC and phone. No app download is needed.

The website may be encountering server issues.
i didnt say it is auto downloading apps?? did i??
in the menu under the label download app, it should point/redirect to app/play store whereas it is downloading APK!!

1724419641164.webp
1724419673617.webp
1724420012380.webp
though looks legit...
Read Bro!!

I’m not able to pay through FreeCharge UPI (both bank + Rupay CC)…getting error msg “Your bank account is not linked with BHIM UPI. Kindly register with BHIM UPI to pay” 👇🏻 IMG_4245.webp

Can someone help me here.. @sunit123

Big corporate companies and government organizations issue tenders when they need to add new payment gateways or change/add any payment mode.

Currently, the NPCI blocking Credit UPI payments on Debit UPI network,

Credit UPI and Debit UPI are 2 different payment network similar to debit card and credit card network.

For example, it’s interesting to note that even today, RuPay debit cards are not accepted at many Northern and Western Railway stations.

However, RuPay debit cards are accepted at 100% of POS machines in India.

So, what’s the problem?

The problem is that many POS machines at Northern and Western Railway stations are old or need a software upgrade to accept RuPay debit cards.

And even for these minor changes, the govt or railways will have to issue a tender.

Banks even offer to replace old POS machines with new ones for free, but the railway will still need to issue a tender to get all this work done, which involves many other paper works.

The railways have been working on these issues in the background for approx 10 years. Hopefully, the work will be completed in a few more years and you will see Northern and Western Railway stations will accept RuPay debit cards.

As I mentioned before in technofino, when Jio and Jiomart had disabled RuPay credit card UPI payments. People started complaining that big corporate companies are not accepting RuPay CC UPI payments themselves.

Then how will RuPay CC UPI success be achieved?

But in reality, NPCI had blocked credit UPI payments in the debit UPI network.

Even at that time, I had said that it is not that Mukesh Ambani himself is sitting there to enable RuPay credit card UPI payments.

For all these things, tenders are issued, and then third-party companies do the work.

In some cases, big companies or govt org have to get Level 3 certification directly from NPCI, and trust me, bro, NPCI takes a lot of time for all the certifications.

A friend of mine used to work at Freecharge. He said that NPCI kept Freecharge payment gateway for UPI on hold for 2 years, continuously rejected it by pointing out some bug.
wow .. so much info and red tapism

The complaint has been transferred to the RBI (Department of Payment and Settlement System) on 29/08/2024.
The complaint was lodged on 21/08/2024.

Attachments

• Rupay CC CPGRAMS_page-0001.webp
    Rupay CC CPGRAMS_page-0001.webp
    243.6 KB · Views: 11
Back