• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cred Money Launched!

All these apps are tracking only from the Savings Account. But many of us here use Credit cards and wallets as well. No app tracks all bank + Credit card + wallet spends in one single view. That will be the real need among the consumers. But I believe these apps like cred, just use the fintech arm and at the end of the day - are only interested to get consumer data & financials.
Correct ...everyone works with their own motto.
We have to see if our interests are aligned with their interests, if Yes , sign up with them .. if no , ignore them

As simple as that

Last edited:
Whats new here? Afaik, already bank apps allows linking other bank accounts now a days. Ex: icici
They just allow linking, what Cred and Fold does is much more than that. They provide:
1. Analysis of your expenses over the period across all accounts
2. Allow tagging of your expenses (Also AI based tagging)
3. They create reminders for recurring payments so that you dont miss it.
4. They provide user friendly UI to track everything together.
5. Notifications for important updates and reminders.

Hope the above helps!

Before jumping in the data breach part, lets understand how it works! (Both Cred Money and Fold works on the same principle)

Account Aggregator:

Account aggregators are digital platforms that securely collect and share your financial data (like bank accounts, investments) from multiple sources with your explicit permission. Think of them as financial data managers. This consolidated view empowers you to make informed financial decisions and allows businesses to offer tailored products. Safety is paramount; these platforms are regulated by the RBI and employ robust security measures. Your data is encrypted, and you maintain complete control over what information is shared and with whom.

These entities DO NOT work on username/passwords and you are not required to enter any password during the whole process! So the question of password leaking out is ruled out completely!
nako nako.. we have enough issues with banks and their data security.. another one and all in one place is just too much to allow.. risky with really no clear value..

This is actually pretty cool. I never gave Cred my email access (i can't believe others give this).
It found all my bank accounts, even the current ones for business and categorized everything.
What was really interesting was the incoming (including interest income) and expense charts.

I got an 'Early Access' and took it. It is helpful, and the reason I really went for it is that my IDFC First App has stopped working for me. I use Google TalkBack, and a recent app update from IDFC broke the TalkBack accessibility. Though they've been promising to fix it quickly, it is not yet done. So to track transactions there, I decided to go the Cred Money way when the option presented itself.
With a few more useful info including interest and projections, the new feature does seem good.

So the screenshot days cred money is "built" on the Account Aggregator..
It looks like they don't have the AA licence but collect the data from them, if we give them the permission to go ahead, correct?

Dubious, just like everything else in Cred.

More disturbing news for AA !

(I was in favour of AA and their framework but after reading this, my views have changed !!)

Have removed all my permissions for accessing bank accounts.

Back