• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Bill Payment through UPI

sunit123

TF Premier
We can pay Credit Card Bills through UPI. For example
Axis: cc.91<your registered mobile number.<last 4 digits of card>@axisbank
ICICI: ccpay.<creditcardnumber>@icici

Can someone help me with how to make payment for HDFC and IndusInd Bank Credit Cards through UPI...I could not find any information for HDFC and IIB.

* I do not want to make payment through Bharat Bill Pay (BBPS)

BBPS is reporting cumulative CC bill payment data to IT department...Example, you register 4 cards on BBPS then cumulative amount of all 4 will be reported to ITD....However, if you pay bills individually for each card (separate banks) then individual limit is 10 lakh for reporting to AIS by each bank..

For my all cards, i keep my spend under 10 lakh so that it is not reported in AIS...Though my income is much higher than cc spend so nothing to worry

It is not the case that i want to hide something but bina mitlab panga kyon lena i.e. आ बैल मुझे मार

BBPS is reporting cumulative CC bill payment data to IT department...Example, you register 4 cards on BBPS then cumulative amount of all 4 will be reported to ITD....However, if you pay bills individually for each card (separate banks) then individual limit is 10 lakh for reporting to AIS by each bank..
Wow ... excellent info. Hope money rotators take note of this.
homer GIF

Can someone help me with how to make payment for HDFC and IndusInd Bank Credit Cards through UPI...I could not find any information for HDFC and IIB.

Almost every bank has this option .
Apart from ITD point of view payment to credit card is instant unlike BBPS .
Which is very useful when the due date is
TODAY

For my all cards, i keep my spend under 10 lakh so that it is not reported in AIS...Though my income is much higher than cc spend so nothing to worry

It is not the case that i want to hide something but bina mitlab panga kyon lena i.e. आ बैल मुझे मार
Are isme "आ बैल मुझे मार" kya hai?

ITD probably has more data about us that we can imagine. If your income is more than expenditure then why worry?

This will be an issue with money rotators with no or less ITR... not with common people

Are isme "आ बैल मुझे मार" kya hai?

ITD probably has more data about us that we can imagine. If your income is more than expenditure then why worry?

This will be an issue with money rotators with no or less ITR... not with common people
I focus more on making money then wasting time in reply to ITD notices which takes years to resolve even though tax payer has not done anything wrong...Once any entry in AIS, it trigger automatic notice and tax payer will waste time in replying to the same....

I received notice for year 2007-08 which took 13 years to close and i wasted hell no of hours and spend huge money in CA fees....At last my stand was vindicated and received refund but it is not worth the effort

I focus more on making money then wasting time in reply to ITD notices which takes years to resolve even though tax payer has not done anything wrong...Once any entry in AIS, it trigger automatic notice and tax payer will waste time in replying to the same....

I received notice for year 2007-08 which took 13 years to close and i wasted hell no of hours and spend huge money in CA fees....At last my stand was vindicated and received refund but it is not worth the effort
Ok... so you are talking based on your experience which goes almost 16 years back.. fair enough..

Things are lot more automated now... ITD already gets lot of info on our FDs, savings account, TDS etc which was not the case way back. They are not sending notices just for exceeding 10L on cc now... they are sending notices only when there is income / expenditure mismatch, under reporting of lncome etc. And I am taking on behalf of my CA friend who files income tax returns for many HNIs who regularly exceed 10L across their cards

Not available yet.😐

Let me tell you a story...In a jungle, A lion has to go out to hunt for a food....A deer always stay safe to prevent being hunted.....If deer himself go in front of the lion's den then the probability of being hunted is very high....If deer is out of sight of a lion then the probability of being hunted is low....so deer has to decide whether to stay out of sight and stay safe or stand in front of lion's den.

i invested 10lakh FD on my mother name, bank walo ne usse bhi meri mother ke AIS mein report krdiya, jabki koi cash involved nahi tha

Not available yet.😐
U can use IMPS/NEFT.

Agar ITD ko laga ki koi aadmi ya aurat bahut khush hai .. bahut paisa h iske pas to fir koi precautions aur loophole ya trick kam nahi ayega ..
They will just send one A4 size letter in which they will ask for proofs or some amount payable.

By thev way JAPNAAM

If I may so ask, how do you know this, and how are you sure that banks are not required also to report all such CC payments through those UPI addresses which are then consolidated?!

Let me tell you a story...In a jungle, A lion has to go out to hunt for a food....A deer always stay safe to prevent being hunted.....If deer himself go in front of the lion's den then the probability of being hunted is very high....If deer is out of sight of a lion then the probability of being hunted is low....so deer has to decide whether to stay out of sight and stay safe or stand in front of lion's den.

What if the "lion" stalks its prey (as is very likely to be the case here)? Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Is this really true or you are just assuming?
Confirm please are you 💯 % sure?

Back