• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment using HDFC billpay

I read my reply and it was bit confusing to understand. Let me simplify it.
nah, i understood your first reply and my confusion was different not related to your reply. Nevertheless, thanks for giving me the hint on credit balance.

Anyways, till last month i was always paying the last bill amount in the statement and SBI was happily accepting it. Only in this month i had to adjust the cashback amount and pay the remaining.

I am unable to pay SBI CB bill.
I have tried twice but amount was deducted each time and I got an SMS telling me the payment failed due to issues at the biller's end.
Anybody experiencing this?

SBI or any other card don't allow credit balance. A credit balance is the payment made over maximum card limit. Till 2022 it was allowed but then RBI asked banks not to have credit balance or accept payment if no payment is due.

Suppose, your SBI card has limit of Rs. 1,50,000 and you make a purchase of Rs. 10,000. SBI has overlimit for payment of 5% i.e if due is 10000 you can pay max. Rs.10,500 only which is permissible limit and it is written on SBI Unipay while making payment.

Now before statement generation date or after you can pay this amount only with overage of 5%. This extra 500 will be credit balance in limit i.e 150000 + 500. After 90 days it will automatically reversed to your autopay account and if there is no autopay attached, this will stay until you use it and then SBI will send SMS to either use card or use Credit Balance refund option on SBI card website or App. So available limit will be 150500.

If you have no dues left you can't pay even Re.1 as credit. All will fail. If you break transaction like for 10000 due you make Rs.7500 first then you can pay 2500+ 5% i.e 2625 only in next txn. Above that txn will fail. So this extra 5% limit works only for what amount of due is left.

For HDFC and ICICI Credit balance is allowed till due is left. Suppose you due was Rs.5000 and you paid 20000 then after making this payment, every further payment will fail. So plan in this way. All credit payment over card limit keep keep settling in future dues or you can call CC and ask them to refund to attached saving account.
I always pay 1-2 Rs extra without any problem but this time it got rejected. Is this problem different from the excess 5% payment issue you mentioned?

I always pay 1-2 Rs extra without any problem but this time it got rejected. Is this problem different from the excess 5% payment issue you mentioned?
As I said 5% extra is allowed. So if payment is Rs.100 and you make Rs.105 then it should pass through but in most cases people are facing issues and payment failures even when it was equal or lower than due amount. So actually BBPS is responsible for payment failures and not SBI or any other banks. Foe me it kept failing for 3 days although I got refund within 3 working days but when it started to go through I made payment thrice same day and it went through every single time. I paid only till max. credit card limit. No overage of 5% in my payment was there.

I think HDFC fixed this path :(

I didn't get any reward points for June 4th transaction.
200.gif

Today I found new options to pay credit card bills through HDFC pay using HDFC credit card as a new option. surprised to see that. is this normal? i went till the last section and it also shows zero convenience fee. Is there any cashback benefit in paying credit card bills with HDFC millennia credit card?

Today I found new options to pay credit card bills through HDFC pay using HDFC credit card as a new option. surprised to see that. is this normal? i went till the last section and it also shows zero convenience fee. Is there any cashback benefit in paying credit card bills with HDFC millennia credit card?
don't just see. try paying from it. :ROFLMAO: You will be surprised.

Did anyone get rps for transactions done in June? It usually credits in 2 days, it has been almost 4 days now.
Also, I am not able to redeem the points, it simply says "Redeem not successful". Anyone else?

Did anyone get rps for transactions done in June? It usually credits in 2 days, it has been almost 4 days now.
Also, I am not able to redeem the points, it simply says "Redeem not successful". Anyone else?
On mobile App, that's the error shown.
But, no such error while using net banking.
Reward points redemption worked.

SBI or any other card don't allow credit balance. A credit balance is the payment made over maximum card limit. Till 2022 it was allowed but then RBI asked banks not to have credit balance or accept payment if no payment is due.

Suppose, your SBI card has limit of Rs. 1,50,000 and you make a purchase of Rs. 10,000. SBI has overlimit for payment of 5% i.e if due is 10000 you can pay max. Rs.10,500 only which is permissible limit and it is written on SBI Unipay while making payment.

Now before statement generation date or after you can pay this amount only with overage of 5%. This extra 500 will be credit balance in limit i.e 150000 + 500. After 90 days it will automatically reversed to your autopay account and if there is no autopay attached, this will stay until you use it and then SBI will send SMS to either use card or use Credit Balance refund option on SBI card website or App. So available limit will be 150500.

If you have no dues left you can't pay even Re.1 as credit. All will fail. If you break transaction like for 10000 due you make Rs.7500 first then you can pay 2500+ 5% i.e 2625 only in next txn. Above that txn will fail. So this extra 5% limit works only for what amount of due is left.

For HDFC and ICICI Credit balance is allowed till due is left. Suppose you due was Rs.5000 and you paid 20000 then after making this payment, every further payment will fail. So plan in this way. All credit payment over card limit keep keep settling in future dues or you can call CC and ask them to refund to attached saving account.

I've heard the opposite on other threads where people were charged fees for not paying BILLED DUE amount.

In fact for that reason many times in 2023 (Got SBI CB in Winter 23) & 24 I've paid that and then later they've given Money back to bank or adjusted to credit.

Has this recently changed for SBI? where they just block transactions? And we cant make sense of it.

Back