• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card cashback on health insurance policy (StarHealth)

Rohit_Gupta

TF Buzz
Hello Folks,

I have a bunch of health insurance policies (the whole family) from Star Health Insurance that is due for renewal I would like to understand if there is a way to take any cashback on these policy payments.

I have an SBI cashback card, HDFC regalia first, Axis Ace, and AMEX MRCC (waiting for delivery)

Thank you in advance :)

Hello Folks,

I have a bunch of health insurance policies (the whole family) from Star Health Insurance that is due for renewal I would like to understand if there is a way to take any cashback on these policy payments.

I have an SBI cashback card, HDFC regalia first, Axis Ace, and AMEX MRCC (waiting for delivery)

Thank you in advance :)
What's the amt?

what is the monthly limit for the above combination? I still have time to accumulate this amount in the amazon pay wallet.
Also, I read somewhere there is no 5% cashback on yonogyft - any idea?

Can someone make a similar recommendation for me?

Need to pay SBI Life > 1 lakh by 24/03

Cards available:
Axis Ace - Confirmed with CC that there will be no CB
Flipkart Axis
Amazon Pay ICICI
HDFC Regalia

Too late to apply for a new CC?

Is it possible to get the SBI CB card in 16 days?
Yes (Check if there is any grace period for that policy, Like LIC has 15/30 days of grace period)
Max 20K AGC can be purchased monthly.
What is your recommendation for the balance amount?
AGC from YONO SBI Gyftr can be bought with Rs. 20k/Mobile no. & 1 Cashback SBI Card..
5+2%(cb+discount) verified by many for Cashback SBI Card

First check if you can pay your policy from Amazon or not? If no, then what is maximum amount u can pay, and if your policy is beyond that then you can't pay from Amazon, I think..

Yes (Check if there is any grace period for that policy, Like LIC has 15/30 days of grace period)

AGC from YONO SBI Gyftr can be bought with Rs. 20k/Mobile no. & 1 Cashback SBI Card..
5+2%(cb+discount) verified by many for Cashback SBI Card

First check if you can pay your policy from Amazon or not? If no, then what is maximum amount u can pay, and if your policy is beyond that then you can't pay from Amazon, I think..
Thanks for your advice.

I will check regarding the grace period and if the policy is payable via Amazon.
EDIT: I see that SBI Life can be paid through Amazon

Will I get 5% CB if I purchase the AGC via ICICI Amazon CC?

Didn't get what you meant here:
If no, then what is maximum amount u can pay, and if your policy is beyond that then you can't pay from Amazon, I think.."
Are you asking if the premium can be paid using a bunch of partial payments ?

Last edited:
Will I get 5% CB if I purchase the AGC via ICICI Amazon CC?
No
Didn't get what you meant here:
Are you asking if the premium can be paid using a bunch of partial payments ?
I think Amazon has certain upper limit for Insurance premium, and if your premium amt is beyond that amount, then you won't be able to pay it via Amazon Pay and need to pay via Bank website or any other app.

Check on Freecharge, if there is any upper limit and if your premium is that below that limit, then try to get Axis Freecharge Plus CC (5% UNLIMITED CB ON Bill payments on this card).

In addition to the above query, I tried paying installment on the star website itself and used FK axis card and got message of 1.5% cashback, so I believe ACE can also get you.

In addition to the above query, I tried paying installment on the star website itself and used FK axis card and got message of 1.5% cashback, so I believe ACE can also get you.
Will verify with CC regarding Flipkart Axis.
But I have already asked them about CB with Axis Ace and they said insurance payments will not yield CB.

Check this, sorry to say ace won't give you Insurance cashback directly. Go via another channel like amazon. Pic from: creditpedia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308_173121.jpg
    Screenshot_20230308_173121.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 63
Back