• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Cleanup | Which Rupay Card Should I Keep & How Will It Impact My Credit Score?

superstar@123

TF Premier
Hey everyone,

I could really use your advice on a small credit card dilemma I’m having.

Earlier this year, I went on a bit of a spree and got a few credit cards with the intention of using them regularly. But...well, you know how it goes—I've ended up using them very sparingly. Here's what I have on my plate:

- **Jupiter CSB Credit Card (Rupay)**
- **Kiwi-Axis Credit Card (Rupay)**
- **Tata Nue Infinite Card (Rupay)**
- **Scapia Federal Credit Card (Visa)**

Now, since I’m barely using these Rupay cards, I’m thinking of closing all but one. I know reward ratios can vary (0.5%-1%), but given how little I use them, that difference doesn't really matter.

So, here's where I need your insights:

1. **Which Rupay card should I keep?** I'd prefer the one with a decent reward rate but, more importantly, a solid app experience—I hate standing around in stores while waiting for apps to scan!

2. **What will happen to my credit score** if I close these newer cards? Will it impact my score positively or negatively?

Any tips, personal experiences, or advice would be greatly appreciated! 😊

Thanks in advance!

My suggestion is also to keep Tata neu infinity.

you get 1.5% if you use tata neu app
.5% if other apps
you get 2 domestic 1 international lounge access per quarter
you will get 5% if you pay utility bills using tata neu app

Thanks all for your suggestions.
I will then keep Tata Neu Infinity and Axis Kiwi Card.

But can someone please also tell me the effect of closing the other cards on CIBIL ?

Thanks all for your suggestions.
I will then keep Tata Neu Infinity and Axis Kiwi Card.

But can someone please also tell me the effect of closing the other cards on CIBIL ?
Tataneu is good only if you use BB/1mg a lot (basically buy products from Tata Group). Also, TataNeu is silently downgrading by adding restrictions here and there (capping on NeuCoins redemption on BB, etc etc) so keep that in mind as well.

Hey everyone,

Earlier this year, I went on a bit of a spree and got a few credit cards with the intention of using them regularly. But...well, you know how it goes—I've ended up using them very sparingly. Here's what I have on my plate:

Now, since I’m barely using these Rupay cards, I’m thinking of closing all but one. I know reward ratios can vary (0.5%-1%), but given how little I use them, that difference doesn't really matter.

1. **Which Rupay card should I keep?** I'd prefer the one with a decent reward rate but, more importantly, a solid app experience—I hate standing around in stores while waiting for apps to scan!

2. **What will happen to my credit score** if I close these newer cards? Will it impact my score positively or negatively?

Thanks in advance!
I would advise against closing the cards this soon.
if they are LTF, then you can keep it without using it. They will auto-close if you don't use it for a year.
And if they are not LTF, decide to close them when they are due renewal.

I would advise against closing the cards this soon.
if they are LTF, then you can keep it without using it. They will auto-close if you don't use it for a year.
And if they are not LTF, decide to close them when they are due renewal.
Any reason why to keep continuing ?
These are LTF card or with minimum fees, but I am just trying to do the cleanup except some solid reason is there for not doing so !
I liked your idea of not using them and then they auto close but it will be difficult for me to track it.

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!
They are good cards and difficult to obtain. Do not close and try to optimise their use case.

Back