• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

credit card emi close before billing date

lonewolf

TF Buzz
I have done one purchase at 14500inr on 24 Nov 2023 then i have done cancellation call for EMI closure on 17/12/2023. Now i have received bill with foreclosure charges and one month emi interest extra and gst extra. is it possible any way to reversal the foreclosure fee and extra charges also.

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No way to reverse as the statement has been generated in between. You should have cancelled before statement date.

EShopper

TF Neo
No way to reverse as the statement has been generated in between. You should have cancelled before statement date.
Could you suggest in my case plz,

I placed an order from Hdfc ( no cost emi ) 4 days ago, I'm charged pro rata interest, if I cancel today ( before bill generation ) will this pro rata interest charges get refunded as well?

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Could you suggest in my case plz,

I placed an order from Hdfc ( no cost emi ) 4 days ago, I'm charged pro rata interest, if I cancel today ( before bill generation ) will this pro rata interest charges get refunded as well?
It will show some charges during cancellation but it will never be posted to statement if done before statement generation. So except a small GST part nothing extra u will pay.

EShopper

TF Neo
It will show some charges during cancellation but it will never be posted to statement if done before statement generation. So except a small GST part nothing extra u will pay.

Background - I made this transaction on 22nd dec, today its reflecting in active emi ( till yesterday it was under unsettled ), also preclose option is visible.

(1) I'm not sure if i need to wait for 24hours or i can preclose emi right away?

I had a word with 2 customer care executives, according to them the pro rata interest charges won't be refunded, so I'm not getting clarity from them.

(2) If I'm pre closing this emi today, when should i make the payment? Before 24 hours or after?

Thanks!

Last edited:

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Background - I made this transaction on 22nd dec, today its reflecting in active emi ( till yesterday it was under unsettled ), also preclose option is visible.

(1) I'm not sure if i need to wait for 24hours or i can preclose emi right away?

I had a word with 2 customer care executives, according to them the pro rata interest charges won't be refunded, so I'm not getting clarity from them.

(2) If I'm pre closing this emi today, when should i make the payment? Before 24 hours or after?

Thanks!
1. U can preclose now or tmrw
2. Payment to be made tmrw if emi closed today

Regarding calling their CC and asking clarification, waste of time and good luck with that!

EShopper

TF Neo

Regarding calling their CC and asking clarification, waste of time and good luck with that!
I tried pre closing it, but after entering otp, the continue button is greyed out. Screenshot_2023-12-26-18-14-00-48.jpg

Is it because 24 hours not completed?

EShopper

TF Neo

I have preclosed the emi today, and got the popup to make the payment by tomorrow ( Payable amount includes pro-rata interest charges as well )

As you said if emi closed today, you need to pay tomorrow.

So when should i make the payment? Within 24hrs or after 24hrs?

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have preclosed the emi today, and got the popup to make the payment by tomorrow ( Payable amount includes pro-rata interest charges as well )

As you said if emi closed today, you need to pay tomorrow.

So when should i make the payment? Within 24hrs or after 24hrs?
If u have no other outstanding then pay even today no problem. And yes pay the amount shown in the screen to be on safer side. You will have extra credit balance to use after statement generation.

EShopper

TF Neo
If u have no other outstanding then pay even today no problem. And yes pay the amount shown in the screen to be on safer side. You will have extra credit balance to use after statement generation.
I have done few upi transactions from it, so I'm gonna pay those as well, Btw can i make payment from Cred?

EShopper

TF Neo
Any method that settles the payment by tomorrow. I prefer to do direct transfer from hdfc account.
My bill is generated, i see the processing charge has been refunded, but the pro-rata interest charges have not been refunded ☹️

Anything can be done to get its refund?

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My bill is generated, i see the processing charge has been refunded, but the pro-rata interest charges have not been refunded ☹️

Anything can be done to get its refund?
Do u have the screenshots? At the time cancellation? Also please mention date of txn, date of cancellation and date of statement

And can u post the cropped version of your statement showing the charge?

I tried pre closing it, but after entering otp, the continue button is greyed out. Screenshot_2023-12-26-18-14-00-48.jpg

Is it because 24 hours not completed?
I'm in the same situation right now, unable to proceed further due to greyed out continue button. Transaction done on 24th and today I can see the active loan under linked emi's. I'll wait for another 2-3 days.