• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for big offline purchase

ank_sh1

TF Premier
Hello all, I know this might be a repetitive post but didn’t find any other thread for big (depends upon person to person) purchase. I am looking at a offline furniture purchase of ~2L in first week of march. I don’t know the MCC code of merchant. So, even if I don’t have a recommended card, I have decent time left for applying and getting the card.

I see a lot of thread which says upto 2-3% cashback but has limitation of 500-1000 per billing cycle/month.

Can someone please recommend a good card for the same?

FYI:
Cards I have: Diners Privilege, IDFC Select, AU Lit, Indusind legend, Axis Kiwi, Axis Myzone (in process), Kotak 811, SBI prime, BOB premier, BOB energie.

kushhh

TF Ace
You can get Amex Plat Travel card , but you have to ask the merchant if he accepts amex cards...

kushhh

TF Ace
You can get Amex Plat Travel card , but you have to ask the merchant if he accepts amex cards...
For better rewards, first apply Amex Mrcc card and then Amex Plat Travel. That way you can redeem the rewards from Amex Plat Travel for Apay voucher for 0.4₹ per mr points.

Both Mrcc and plat travel are fyf , if applied through referral

kushhh

TF Ace
I don't think most offline vendor support Amex card, so tbh, its in my ignore list 😅
Yeah this has been a problem, then you can get 5k , 10k pineperks rupay gift card from Amazon by either Sbi cb card or amex plat travel , you have to be fast to buy them , as they get out of stock very quickly ( currently it is out of stock ).
Also secondly, I don't travel much so, I don't think I will be able to get much with Amex
Amex gold 24k collection gives 9k apay voucher for 24k mr points, giving you a value of 0.39₹ per mr point

ank_sh1

TF Premier
Is it true that the 10x rewards points on the AU card is unlimited? Assuming 2.5% with this benefit, I think I can get upto 5k for 2L spend.

vissu295

TF Buzz
Is it true that the 10x rewards points on the AU card is unlimited? Assuming 2.5% with this benefit, I think I can get upto 5k for 2L spend.
Please refer to this about the max. points that can be accrued per month on Au LIT. Each reward point is 0.2/-, so your 10x feature is 2% CB

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello all, I know this might be a repetitive post but didn’t find any other thread for big (depends upon person to person) purchase. I am looking at a offline furniture purchase of ~2L in first week of march. I don’t know the MCC code of merchant. So, even if I don’t have a recommended card, I have decent time left for applying and getting the card.

I see a lot of thread which says upto 2-3% cashback but has limitation of 500-1000 per billing cycle/month.

Can someone please recommend a good card for the same?

FYI:
Cards I have: Diners Privilege, IDFC Select, AU Lit, Indusind legend, Axis Kiwi, Axis Myzone (in process), Kotak 811, SBI prime, BOB premier, BOB energie.
Whats the axis myzone limit? Or even kiwi ?

Call customer care & ask for axis atlas
4% on offline spends