• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card for Domestic flights

bhavik886151

TF Premier
for frequent traveler and travel almost 6-8 times a month which card is best to get
there is no specific route for my travel points will be preferred over discount if both have same value for spend

for frequent traveler and travel almost 6-8 times a month which card is best to get
there is no specific route for my travel points will be preferred over discount if both have same value for spend
In my opinion, u should get travel specific cards, like Amex platinum travel, axis atlas, if u wanna stack points and use them up for intl travel or hotel redemption.

It will work like losing short discounts to gain free trips.

You need only Axis Atlas for all your travelling.
10% discount on direct hotels and direct flights both offline and online.
Also plenty of FREE domestic and international lounge visits, WITHOUT ANY SPEND REQUIREMENT.

Amex Platinum does not even come close.
There is a video on YouTube comparing these two by Card academy.

Please mark this as your solution if you are satisfied Thanks 🙏

I've had the exact same question. My dad books a lot of domestic flights and we were thinking of getting either axis or amex plat for him.
AMEX Plat travel makes sense if you only care about Taj Vouchers.
Similarly Axis Atlas is pretty bad reward rate if used for flights (on paper it looks like 4/10% but in practice it's really low since flight mile redemptions are not a good deal for us personally most of the times). The 4/10% reward rate only comes alive when you redeem them for hotels.

As someone who has absolutely no interest in hotels, we ended up using my good old SBI cashback. 5% flat cashback on all direct airlines website bookings (indigo etc), agoda and yatra. But the only issue is, some flight aggregators like cleartrip use the railway MCC and you wont get any cashback on them.
Sometimes I get good deal on ixigo/cleartrip/yatra with icici cards, so it's also a good idea to get a few LTF cards from ICICI, HDFC and Axis.

Of course if you can get Infinia, Marquee etc, nothing will beat those.

Last edited:
Back