• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

credit card lineup refresh

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I currently possess

1. SBI prime Paid, Standard Chartered super value Titanium LTF
2. AMEX Platinum Travel paid, SBI BPCL Octane Paid
3. SBI cashback paid, Kotak Essentia paid, HDFC business Regalia LTF

Need a single credit card to make the payments as follows (in decreasing order of value) for first card combo.

1. Fuel 2. Electricity and gas 3. School fees 4. Insurance

a)retaining SBI prime or replacing with HDFC business Regalia (existing ltf)
b) upgrading to Standard Chartered Ultimate for 2% unlimited cashback on Utilities, insurance (fuel and School fees?)
c) Axis Miles and more Select or Axis atlas credit card. Miles or more seems to have no miles limitation on insurance, utilities, or school fees but fuel and atlas has better redemption options.
d Pool Amex plat travel (existing) with gold charge card (new) for better reward rate? In this case I would prefer to know how to make payments for electricity,
school fees, and Insurance.

option D seems the most lucrative. What is the ideal use case for best possible returns? I am not a high spender and not looking to pay more than 5K annual fees.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Electricity, Gas, Insurance
Does it support AmznPay.? Then you need to pool those vouchers by purchasing through RxM using Plat Travel or SBI Cashback.

If not, and support payment through Amx then Plat Travel.

How much Fuel needed per month?
If 4000, SVT good option for any fuel stations, if more or need specifically then Octane.

And School fees, AFAIK it mostly works with milestone cards where you don't have to worry current reward points whether given or not but enjoy milestone benefits it offers like Plat Travel or Prime.

Ultimate: Check 360 portal and see whether 2% unlimited reward points have any useful vouchers for you or not (since you have SVT, you'll get updated list once you logon), for me its completely useless even if it provides 10% unlimited, I do not see any valid vouchers that I would purchase normally.

Gold Charge: Not needed for any of the use cases, get MRCC if needed for those vouchers and milestone benefits but that again depends on AMx supports or not.

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I purchased 20k amazon pay gift cards and loaded the wallet but I only get UPi as payment option for electricity bill. Did I do something wrong? My wallet shows inactive although I can use it for my amazon purchases.

I can switch to MRCC and Axis atlas as replacement for SBI Cashback and SBI Prime respectively, for better rewards.

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I hold 3 SBI cards. Prime, cashback and bpcl Octane. I am aware that SBI cashback is not eligible for 10% discount but I only got discount offer on Prime.

Is BPcL Octane also excluded from Amazon discount sales?

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I have been hearing rumours of
An Infinia reserve over Infinia and eventual devaluation of the current card and
Devaluation of Axis Atlas in the coming months.

Does it still make sense to go for either (Paid versions).

I personally feel that Atlas still makes sense with current benefits and annual fees over Infinia but wanted another opinion in case I am missing a point.

helloworld

TF Legend
Reward cards meant to accumulate points for some months and sometimes years. Which carries a risk that reward structure may change in between and redemption options not available as per our requirement. But, if proper options available its the best reward you can get from any card.

Eligibility of these cards other than bank specifics, one must be in a position to digest or use the card with worst possible redemption in mind. If they satisfied for that then it doesn't matter 1 or 2 years, freely can use.

But in anycase, things will change and may need to switch cards for better rewards by sacrificing existing card rewards.

You can spend on Atlas and it may devalue in coming 3 months, leaving you reduced benefits you estimated (if you estimate high).
Or wait to get Reserve which may not happen in coming 3 months, loosing the best value option provided by Atlas.

The cards you have may sufficient to your current purpose and might not need, but the cards you assuming are not yet applied or may not elilgible.

Regarding card choosing process:

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
MRCC could be a great addon if you want to move 20K monthly expenses into a different card. You can buy the Apay vouchers with these instead for better rewards. And this balance should allow you to pay your electricity bills with it.

The Gold Charge card helps if you have another 6K expenses or buy a lot of vouchers, this will get you 5x reward points on all the voucher purchases.
And it's the only card in the Amex Trifecta that helps you earn rewards on fuel purchases as well.

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I tried to find details on hdfc bank website but there are contrasting articles on the same. due to changes.

How does Business Regalia reward our spends on Utilities, Governement taxes and insurance ?

akash2401

TF Buzz
After going through all the posts below are my current credit cards

Sbi- Prime(LTF), Cashback and Vistara Prime
Axis- Airtel, Atlas and Flipkart
Amex- Mrcc, gold charge and Plat travel
ICICI- coral and apay
Pnb select rupay
Indusind Rupay
And suggestion for addition or upgradation is appreciated

helloworld

TF Legend
After going through all the posts below are my current credit cards

Sbi- Prime(LTF), Cashback and Vistara Prime
Axis- Airtel, Atlas and Flipkart
Amex- Mrcc, gold charge and Plat travel
ICICI- coral and apay
Pnb select rupay
Indusind Rupay
And suggestion for addition or upgradation is appreciated

upgrade (preferably LTF) and cancel.

Get one card from HDFC.

You're good, covers your spends and 10% offers.

devarshi84

TF Buzz
Official website contains latest changes (same not applicable in SBI and Axis but works in other banks).

Section: Reward Point/CashBack Redemption & Validity

Utilities, Insurance - 1st point

"Please Click Here to know more" at the end of this section to know more about limits.

Section: Benefits for your Business

Govt. taxes - 2nd point.

Again, HDFC information most of the time upto date (AFAIK from long time), do not apply similar in SBI and axis, other banks usually do apply.

Anycase, if changes made within this month and applies on May 1st onwards, usually that takes time to update everywhere because until May 1st those are may or maynot implement and May1st onwards updated everywhere.
If you open the link under "benefits for your business" it says the following.

"We want to inform you of an upcoming change to your HDFC Bank Business Credit Card.
Effective April 3rd, 2023, the additional cashback offering as below will be discontinued.
• An extra 5% cashback on important business expenses like electricity,
telephone and internet bills, and government and tax payments."

Confusing enough.

Basically, HDFC just killed this card. This card is going back into the drawer.