• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card upgrade negotiation

Kamalraj

TF Buzz
I have credit cards of many banks, i.e SBI, Yes, Indus, Axis, RBL, BOB, HDFC, so with which bank can I negotiate to upgrade the card, RBL people agree quickly compared to other banks, so which bank can be put under similar pressure?

I have credit cards of many banks, i.e SBI, Yes, Indus, Axis, RBL, BOB, HDFC, so with which bank can I negotiate to upgrade the card, RBL people agree quickly compared to other banks, so which bank can be put under similar pressure?
Share your spending pattern and existing cards with the limit.
which type of cards you are looking for?

HDFC, Axis, SBI, BOB asks for NRV

Indus no hope.

Try Yes Bank and RBL

SBI: Contact CS team and ask for an upgrade of your choice they will process it if u have good limit on your card
Yes, RBL: they can easily get ur work done
Axis: Contact CS team they can provide u chargeable cards based on your current limit and profile(Having SB Ac will be an added advantage)
HDFC: hard to get, but try to connect with Grievance redressal cc team through email, If u have good spends on your existing card they may consider your req
BOB: Idk..

Remember these all methods will help u in getting Chargeable cards not LTF
If u wish to get LTF cards u have to negotiate with them and show them why your cardmembership is important to them

No
SBI: Contact CS team and ask for an upgrade of your choice they will process it if u have good limit on your card
Axis: Contact CS team they can provide u chargeable cards based on your current limit and profile(Having SB Ac will be an added advantage)
HDFC: hard to get, but try to connect with Grievance redressal cc team through email, If u have good spends on your existing card they may consider your req

If u wish to get LTF cards u have to negotiate with them and show them why your cardmembership is important to t

If u wish to get LTF cards u have to negotiate with them and show them why your cardmembership is important to them
No, i want only LTF, most of card i have is LTF,

Which card you upgraded from rbl bank?

No LTF upgrade from Hdfc, bob or axis. It's very rare scenario.

SBI can upgrade if having good limit in existing card but mostly it will be FYF.

RBL is most easy for upgrade request.

Indus is hopeless.

No, i want only LTF, most of card i have is LTF,
As you mentioned above your annual spends is 10L+ do you think you get the maximum returns with LTF Cards.
Get a paid card according to your spending area and maximize the returns. Don't fall into the LTF cards trap a paid card always gives you more return than a LTF card. After spending for few months then ask the bank to convert it to LTF or give a higher upgrade/LE.
My 2 cent

As you mentioned above your annual spends is 10L+ do you think you get the maximum returns with LTF Cards.
Get a paid card according to your spending area and maximize the returns. Don't fall into the LTF cards trap a paid card always gives you more return than a LTF card. After spending for few months then ask the bank to convert it to LTF or give a higher upgrade/LE.
My 2 cent
I also agree with you that 10L+ annual spends a few paid cards will be very rewarding

My 2 cent
Lol, i don't want to pay joining fee, that's why looking LTF or FYF

Lol, i don't want to pay joining fee, that's why looking LTF or FYF
Lol, if you pay the joining fee they compensate you with different types of vouchers or rewards points.
Premium category card, limit have above 2 n 3L, spent annually 10L+
For a premium category card, you have to have a good TRV with the bank and high spending on the existing cards.
Otherwise, go via the route of Salary criteria to get semi-premium cards LTF.

Lol, if you pay the joining fee they compensate you with different types of vouchers or rewards points.

For a premium category card, you have to have a good TRV with the bank and high spending on the existing cards.
Otherwise, go via the route of Salary criteria to get semi-premium cards LTF.
Chill bro, it's general discussion 😁

So according to you which card should I switch, I have ICICI, Indus, Axis, RBL, BOB, HDFC, SBI, YES their cards

So according to you which card should I switch, I have ICICI, Indus, Axis, RBL, BOB, HDFC, SBI, YES their cards
Answer these few questions
Current cards with Limit?
Salaried or Business? Also, mention the ITR amount for business and in case of Salary your per month salary.
Where do you spend the most in a year and which benefits are you looking for from a new card?
like lounge access, BMS offer, GV

Back