• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CREDIT CARD UPI LINK

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

There seems to be weird calibration in UPI Credit card payment.

I have two cards one from HDFC and one from PNB which can be linked with UPI

PNB PLATINUM - Works smooth as af, has worked almost on all the merchants apart from 1-2 (linked with BHIM Android)

HDFC RUPAY NEU INFINITE- Rarely works mostly on big merchants( linked with BHIM apple)

I took both the phones to market and tested on roadside vendors, tried with hdfc it failed as I got an error of money can only be sent to current account

Tried on same barcode with PNB, worked flawlessly.

I really don't know why is this discrepancy coming, both are working on same rupay network. Possibly HDFC has a more fool proof implementation and Rupay not so much but can't really understand this.

I tried linking with Payzapp, it won't work with any Paytm UPi merchants. Sadly mostly people have paytm UPI merchant barcode where as on Android, Rupay platinum from PNB works everywhere. From roadside guy to showrooms, Paytm to Phone pe to bharatpe
Have you attempted to make a transaction below 2,000 rupees on Paytm Merchant? Paytm Merchant has a transaction limit of 2,000 rupees with HDFC Rupay Card for me.

I wrote an app to get the UPI id by scanning the QR code. I am able to paste this upi ID in BHIM and pay to all merchants. Happy to sell for Rs.50 - DM :). Not releasing it publicly as I'm paying for the hosting, so charging a minimal fee

Last edited:
I wrote an app to get the UPI id by scanning the QR code. I am able to paste this upi ID in BHIM and pay to all merchants. Happy to sell for Rs.50 - DM :). Not releasing it publicly as I'm paying for the hosting, so charging a minimal fee
Why bother? You can just use your smartphone to scan the QR code on Paytm or PayZapp and the UPI ID will be displayed.

Alternatively, you can scan the QR code using Google Lens or any QR scanning app, and then copy the UPI ID that follows "pa=" in the code, for instance "pa=merchantupi@paytm".

Why bother? You can just use your smartphone to scan the QR code on Paytm or PayZapp and the UPI ID will be displayed.

Alternatively, you can scan the QR code using Google Lens or any QR scanning app, and then copy the UPI ID that follows "pa=" in the code, for instance "pa=merchantupi@paytm".
It’s painful to do. That’s why I wrote it. It’s one scan and done :)

Have you attempted to make a transaction below 2,000 rupees on Paytm Merchant? Paytm Merchant has a transaction limit of 2,000 rupees with HDFC Rupay Card for me.
Thanks a lot! Your suggestion worked. It's possibly IOS BHIM upi, payzapp is now working flawlessly everywhere even on small merchants. I just hope payzapp app was little faster but still no complaints. I tried payzapp and bhim both on same merchant BHIM same error credit to current but payzapp worked

My experience so far with HDFC Tata Neu Rupay Credit Card UPI Transactions:

1) It's recommended to use PayZapp or Paytm for a better experience, as the BHIM app checks for the Merchant Category Code in QR codes and won't initiate a transaction if the merchant's QR code doesn't have an MC Code. This results in an error message stating that the transaction cannot be sent to savings or current accounts.

2) If the settlement bank of the merchant is Paytm Payments Bank, the transactions will be declined.

3) When scanning a Paytm Merchant QR code, the per-transaction limit is only Rs. 2000, while on other Merchant QR codes, it's Rs. 1 Lakh.

Unfortunately, I do not have any other Rupay Credit Cards to test the same.
How to add the HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Rupay card to Payzapp UPI? They just allow adding the HDFC Bank

Back