• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DBS Treasures: Is it good?

Isn’t it better to pay penalty of 1500/quarter to avail airport pickup/drop? Especially for cities like Bangalore and assuming the luxury category cars are used.

Isn’t it better to pay penalty of 1500/quarter to avail airport pickup/drop? Especially for cities like Bangalore and assuming the luxury category cars are used.
i think that facility is only if you maintain min. 30L. and they only give 4% above 10L, where other banks give 7%. difference of 3% on 20L = 60k. which is far higher than the airport transfer benefit is worth of. (i havent added the difference till 10L which should come out to 30k totalling 90k)

Last edited:
even if the facility is available for maintaining just 5L, the difference in interest rates will come out to be 15k.

now i don't know how much the luxury thing will cost, but you can assess it yourself.

For me it's totally worth it. The experience, levels of service and the ease of transactions have been a game changer. I am not the person who goes around saying "hey, this bank savings account is good!", infact I hate banking but we can't live without a bank account. All you need is a bank account that works from a bank that isn't hard to deal with.
But they have changed my mind on banking, it's been a joy to have a bank account with them compared to everything else out there. I usually avoid doing anything related to banking because it feels sluggish, bothersome, etc! I just want to get things done and get over it but not with them.

Unlike other banks the staff is well trained and knowledgeable, so there won't be confusions or cluelessness when trying to do any sort of transaction whether that's via phone, online or in the branch. The service at the branches (very few branches tho) is exceptional and personalized.

They're a very reassuring and transparent bank, incredibly professional, swift and efficient! They take their service quality very seriously and it shows.

I don't use them for the benefits as I use the benefits from credit cards I hold, however I did avail their investment and services/advisory and medical concierge services and they have been excellent at that. I'd blindly trust them with my health and money.

There's no shady procedures or people, the app is great, it's quite complete and everything just works.

You won't be getting spam calls or emails, they won't be pushy with any of their products, no excuses, etc.

All that garbage behavior you see in most banks is nowhere to be seen in DBS so far.

It is a pity they don't offer credit cards but I'm more than happy with them and would use them wherever I go if they have presence in the country. Only Standard Chartered has been equally good but when it comes to quality and service levels, DBS tops them without any doubt.

It's like day and night for banking services compared to nearly any Indian bank.

I have availed services from HDFC, SC, Axis, ICICI, Deutsche Bank within India and about another half a dozen banks overseas like Maybank, Citi, JPMorgan Chase, and others.
They're easily in the top.

Just feel free to drop by any of their branches and experience it yourself.
Can you explain a bit about this account ? What tier your account variant is ? How much balance you maintain ? Is there a way to get this with less than 30L NRV ?

Back