• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB - Details of all possible benefits

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently got the DCB and wanted to maximise it as much as possible, can someone list all the benefits via the smartbuy portal (eg. amazon) as well as other benefits or direct me to a thread about this?

I recently got the DCB and wanted to maximise it as much as possible, can someone list all the benefits via the smartbuy portal (eg. amazon) as well as other benefits or direct me to a thread about this?
1. unlimited lounge access for self and family thru addons.
2. 3.33% basic reward rate, so use at offline swipes. has some exclusions like wallet loads 0 percent. at max 5x thru smartbuy spends on flights. 3x on flipkart.
3. spend 1 lakh (EDIT: 1.5 LAKHS) within 90 days to get vouchers and memberships on poshvine and times prime. the website mentions the details of brands. includes 1yr amazon prime and dineout passport, pharmeasy. pizzahut 400 off on 1000 once each month thru timesprime.
4. smartbuy: amazon voucher - 8.5% net reward,
flipkart and myntra 10%. has capping of 10k for voucher of each i think. many oter brands also available. no limit to amazon shopping gift voucher as of now. beware - sometimes hdfc does not credit accelerated rp for smartbuy spends. you can find another thread on it.
5. spend > 80k in a Calendar month to get 1000rs vouchers ( select 2 among ola, bms, cult, tatacliq).
beware: sometimes they don't send vouchers even though you complete this milestone. i had to escalated to get it once.
6. 2x rewards on weekend dining.
7. concierge - useless as they are clueless about major events.
8. air accident insurance for 2cr and baggage lost insurance overseas, etc.
9. global value program for international spends. dont know the details. check website.
10. a good backup card to have on foreign trips if not using forex card, because the net reward rate after the currency markup is positive.
11. airmiles transfer. club vistara give 1:1 rate.

Last edited:
2. 3.33% basic reward rate, so use at offline swipes. has some exclusions like wallet loads 0 percent. at max 5x thru smartbuy spends on flights. 3x on flipkart.
3. spend 1 lakh within 90 days to get vouchers and memberships on poshvine and times prime. the website mentions the details of brands. includes 1yr amazon prime and dineout passport, pharmeasy.
flipkart and myntra 10%. has capping of 10k for voucher of each i think. many oter brands also available.
5. spend > 80k in a Calendar month to get 1000rs vouchers ( select 2 among ola, bms, cult, tatacliq)
9. global value program for international spends. dont know the details. check website.
10. a good backup card to have on foreign trips if not using forex card, because the net reward rate after the currency markup is positive.
Succinctly captured. Many thanks for sharing this.

3. spend 1 lakh within 90 days to get vouchers and memberships on poshvine and times prime. the website mentions the details of brands. includes 1yr amazon prime and dineout passport, pharmeasy.
flipkart and myntra 10%. has capping of 10k for voucher of each i think. many oter brands also available.
5. spend > 80k in a Calendar month to get 1000rs vouchers ( select 2 among ola, bms, cult, tatacliq)
Its 1.5 Lakh as per website:

Avail Complimentary Annual memberships of Club Marriott, Forbes, Amazon Prime, Dineout Passport, MMT BLACK and Times Prime by spending 1.5 lakhs within the first 90 days or upon first year fee realization on your HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card (T&C Apply)

2. 3.33% rate is for flight/hotel redemption as 1 RP = 1rs for that, for Amazon GV 1 RP = 0.5 rs (0.7rs during offer period)
Max earning is 10X thru Smartbuy for hotel booking
Smartbuy Portal for DCB : https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/diners
3. 1.5 lakh spend with 90 days (No pharmeasy?)
5. 2 vouchers of 500 each Redemption at https://hdfcbankdinersclub.poshvine.com/
9. https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/global-value-program---gvp/19187/Zmykm2o=

2. 3.33% rate is for flight/hotel redemption as 1 RP = 1rs for that, for Amazon GV 1 RP = 0.5 rs (0.7rs during offer period)
5. 2 vouchers of 500 each Redemption at https://hdfcbankdinersclub.poshvine.com/
9. https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/global-value-program---gvp/19187/Zmykm2o=
pharmeasy thru the timesprime membership.

3. spend 1 lakh (EDIT: 1.5 LAKHS) within 90 days to get vouchers and memberships on poshvine and times prime. the website mentions the details of brands. includes 1yr amazon prime and dineout passport, pharmeasy. pizzahut 400 off on 1000 once each month thru timesprime.
I have diners privilege and have activated times prime how do i get 400 off on pizza hut every month

I have diners privilege and have activated times prime how do i get 400 off on pizza hut every month
search for pizza hut offer after logging in to time prime. after clicking redeem, it will generate a coupon code that you can use on pizza hut app or website for orders above 1000. every month you will get 1 new code after clicking redeem

if you can't find pizza hut coupon then maybe it is not available for privilege card. there are different tiers of times prime membership and hdfc has taken the cheapest ones with very limited offers.

search for pizza hut offer after logging in to time prime. after clicking redeem, it will generate a coupon code that you can use on pizza hut app or website for orders above 1000. every month you will get 1 new code after clicking redeem

if you can't find pizza hut coupon then maybe it is not available for privilege card. there are different tiers of times prime membership and hdfc has taken the cheapest ones with very limited offers.
Thank u i searched and found it

Its 1.5 Lakh as per website:

Avail Complimentary Annual memberships of Club Marriott, Forbes, Amazon Prime, Dineout Passport, MMT BLACK and Times Prime by spending 1.5 lakhs within the first 90 days or upon first year fee realization on your HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card (T&C Apply)
pharmeasy thru the timesprime membership.
Thank you so so much for compiling all the details together. I really appreciate it!

One more question. Insurance website is levying convenience fee. So to avoid it, can I pay with my linked credit card through Payzapp or Amazon pay as the insurance is listed there and still get reward points?
U can purchase amazon gv from payzapp and pay from amazon that way u wl get 3x reward points

One more question. Insurance website is levying convenience fee. So to avoid it, can I pay with my linked credit card through Payzapp or Amazon pay as the insurance is listed there and still get reward points?
Thanks, You mean Amazon pay GV in Smartbuy? It has 1.25% convenience fee. I am just looking for normal reward points without any extra fee, if possible.
if it is LIC, it doesnt charge any fee if paid from their official website.

for any other company, as suggested by sv004, buy amazon pay balance vouchers (not shopping vouchers) from smartbuy. effective reward rate would be roughly 8.65% even after convenience fee on smartbuy. but there is capping of 10k for apay balance vouchers from smartbuy.

sorry never used payzapp so no idea about that.

if it is LIC, it doesnt charge any fee if paid from their official website.

for any other company, as suggested by sv004, buy amazon pay balance vouchers (not shopping vouchers) from smartbuy. effective reward rate would be roughly 8.65% even after convenience fee on smartbuy. but there is capping of 10k for apay balance vouchers from smartbuy.

sorry never used payzapp so no idea about that.
better use SBI cashback card and get amazon voucher at 6.5% cash discount compared to ~8% points discount

Back