• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Metal (paid) approved after closing Millennia

My DCB Metal card was delivered today. I wanted to share the story, especially for those who are eligible for DCB salary wise, but stuck with low variant card.

TLDR : I was stuck with Millennia LTF with 50k limit. I closed the card and then applied for DCB Metal, which was approved.

I first opened an account and simultaneously applied for HDFC credit card in November last year. I wanted the Regalia Gold, but I got a very bad RM. She applied for Millennia (I don't know why). During the verification when I was asked for consent for Millennia, I immediately called back the RM and she asked me to accept the card and she will get it upgraded in 7 days. Since I was new to credit cards at that time, I accepted it thinking that it may be possible. After few days, I asked her for the upgrade, she asked for salary slips and then started to make excuses. I got the Millennia LTF with 50k limit. I asked her for limit enhancement too for which she again made excuses. So I gave up at that time.

Later, I got a raise which made me eligible for DCB, salary wise. I asked my friend, who works in HDFC, on how to upgrade. She asked her colleague in credit card department, who told me the only way to upgrade is to have 5L limit and spend more than 4L in 6 months (I don't exactly remember the numbers). The only other way is to apply for DCBM after closing the Millennia, however, there was no guarantee that the card will be approved. During this time, I got limit enhancement on Millennia to 1L, which I did not accept.

Finally, I decided to close the card and apply again. I was initially hesitant because first it was a LTF card and second, it was the best card (reward wise) I had. I closed the Millennia and applied for DCBM after 7 days of card closure. I submitted 2 months salary slip and salary account statement of 2 months. The card was approved and has been delivered today.

So if anyone who is eligible for DCB salary wise and is stuck with lower variant with low limit, he may try his luck.

My DCB Metal card was delivered today. I wanted to share the story, especially for those who are eligible for DCB salary wise, but stuck with low variant card.

TLDR : I was stuck with Millennia LTF with 50k limit. I closed the card and then applied for DCB Metal, which was approved.

I first opened an account and simultaneously applied for HDFC credit card in November last year. I wanted the Regalia Gold, but I got a very bad RM. She applied for Millennia (I don't know why). During the verification when I was asked for consent for Millennia, I immediately called back the RM and she asked me to accept the card and she will get it upgraded in 7 days. Since I was new to credit cards at that time, I accepted it thinking that it may be possible. After few days, I asked her for the upgrade, she asked for salary slips and then started to make excuses. I got the Millennia LTF with 50k limit. I asked her for limit enhancement too for which she again made excuses. So I gave up at that time.

Later, I got a raise which made me eligible for DCB, salary wise. I asked my friend, who works in HDFC, on how to upgrade. She asked her colleague in credit card department, who told me the only way to upgrade is to have 5L limit and spend more than 4L in 6 months (I don't exactly remember the numbers). The only other way is to apply for DCBM after closing the Millennia, however, there was no guarantee that the card will be approved. During this time, I got limit enhancement on Millennia to 1L, which I did not accept.

Finally, I decided to close the card and apply again. I was initially hesitant because first it was a LTF card and second, it was the best card (reward wise) I had. I closed the Millennia and applied for DCBM after 7 days of card closure. I submitted 2 months salary slip and salary account statement of 2 months. The card was approved and has been delivered today.

So if anyone who is eligible for DCB salary wise and is stuck with lower variant with low limit, he may try his luck.
What's the minimum salary for eligibility?

Back