• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia 🌟 My Journey to the HDFC Infinia Metal Card: A Story of Persistence

Congratulations Dude. The infinia metal is indeed the no 1 credit card in india and the best card to own. Just holding the card makes people notice you bcz it's strictly invite only. I completely echo your emotions because I too own one and the feeling is awesome 😎 what's more it was my first ever credit card. Enjoy this card , walk into any lounge like a King 👑 and the ⛳ lessons are awesome 👌🏻
AmeX Centurion card would do all that

Absolutely, it's not just about the numbers on your paycheck. Your lifestyle, location, and personal responsibilities play a huge role. Someone in a smaller town might be comfortable with a modest income, while living in a big city could stretch even a high salary thin. But at the end of the day, what really matters is whether you enjoy what you do. If you're passionate about your work, that's what truly makes a difference.

But bro, the discussion isn’t about which salary is sufficient for which location. The point is, if someone earning 2 lakhs per month tries to downplay their salary as 'decent' to appear modest, it can make those who are actually earning a decent amount feel undervalued. They might start seeing themselves as less than they are. And let’s be honest, how many people in India earn 2 lakhs per month? I think less than 0.1% of the population might be in that bracket. If you're earning that much, it means you’re in the top 1% of India. So, the issue isn’t about how much you’re earning; it’s about downplaying your salary in a way that makes others feel small, which I believe is wrong.

I 100% agree with you—getting a credit card without making a big investment in the bank is a skill, bro. I’ve also managed to get several credit cards without investing an extra rupee. But you’re saying you didn’t make any investments here, right? Let me explain. You’ve made a 5 lakh FD with the bank and spent around 14 lakh rupees on a particular card in just one year. And the biggest investment, in my opinion, is the time and effort you’ve put in over the years to get this card, and the struggle you’ve gone through. That’s the real investment.

And if you think you’ve won the game with the bank, let me tell you that even people with lower salaries have managed to get this card for free for a lifetime. If you had gotten this card for free after all that struggle, it would have been praiseworthy. But getting the paid version isn’t something to brag about.

It’s not about how many cards you’ve taken or how premium they are; what’s more important is how much you can save each year using those cards. If you have to struggle this much to get a card and still can’t save much after getting it, then there’s no point in having it, my brother. Now, if you’re spending at least 15 lakhs annually on this card, maybe you can save something, given that it’s a paid card. But if you’re spending that much on this card every year, you won’t be able to use your other cards much anyway.

But it’s your decision, your call. If anything I said offended you, I’m sorry. I’m just sharing my opinion here. Thanks for reading.
Very rightly said, and very thoughtful. Salute to you, bro..!!

I think you should use INFINIA for
1. Hotels 10x (both domestic and international) for 33.33% return on spends upto Rs.49950 per day or month for 1665 (1x) + 14985 (9x) points
2. Amazon pay for 16.66-2.95=13.71% return.
3. Pharmeasy 10x for 33.33% return on spends upto Rs.49950 per day or month for 1665 (1x) + 14985 (9x) points

And use Magnus Burgundy for
1. Flights 5x (both domestic and international) for 24% return below 2 lacs/month + 14% return on balance amount above 2 lacs/month
2. Large expenses over 1.5 lacs in a month for 14% return
3. Eazydiner 30% discount 900 to 1000 on 3000 to 3333

Any more use cases for both these cards?
Jo amazon voucher ko buy krke hum accelerated reward point lete hain infinia se. After we get reward points when we redeem them at rate of 0.50 rupees per point, so when we pay utility bills, insurance using it, we stand to gain at around 7.28% reward rate bhai.

Jo amazon voucher ko buy krke hum accelerated reward point lete hain infinia se. After we get reward points when we redeem them at rate of 0.50 rupees per point, so when we pay utility bills, insurance using it, we stand to gain at around 7.28% reward rate bhai.
Some people want to value the points at Rs 1 instead of 50 paisa, because they use them to buy air tickets
they don't realise or consider the 10% discount available on OTAs or upto 24% return on buying air tickets on Traveledge

Last edited:
drsel can get m4b in his team, me ready with popcorn 🍿
Le me, watching this debate with only cashback entry level cards
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

P
Calculation jo mene kri hai vo sahi hai bhai ?
HDFC points have different values depending on how you use them.
Maximum value is derived by buying air tickets on Smartbuy.
if you convert them to statement credit, that has the worst value

P

HDFC points have different values depending on how you use them.
Maximum value is derived by buying air tickets on Smartbuy.
if you convert them to statement credit, that has the worst value
Bhai ye sab to pata hai mujhe, but mere case me i don't have much expenses for flights. So everyone needs to utilise the card as it best suits them. Mere liye amazon gift card ke form me lena jyada fayda dega, that is why i asked ? Baki aage chalke flights ki jarurat padi to I will start accumulating them, as we have 3 years expiry for RPs.

Bhai ye sab to pata hai mujhe, but mere case me i don't have much expenses for flights. So everyone needs to utilise the card as it best suits them. Mere liye amazon gift card ke form me lena jyada fayda dega, that is why i asked ? Baki aage chalke flights ki jarurat padi to I will start accumulating them, as we have 3 years expiry for RPs.
Then you know the value is only 30 paisa if you convert to statement credit
if you convert to Amazon pay it's 50 Paisa only

In 1.5 yrs of using DCB, I have had just one offline acceptance issue with DCB at a old yet popular and very local restaurant (Vinay Health Home near Thakurdwar in South Mumbai). Otherwise, I have swiped it at numerous restaurants and shopping places in Mumbai, Varanasi, Allahbad, Khajurao, Bhopal, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad with zero issues. In Australia the Diners Club network does not work. So that's that. When it comes to online, I haven't been able to use it for Tata Play recharges, some recharges via PayTM, La Pino's Pizza and TwidPay / Pay With Rewards. It works on every major site that I have tried it on besides those.

DCB, especially the plastic one, is a better fit for some people because of its lower annual-fee waiver criteria of 5L, OLA/BMS vouchers worth Rs 1000 on monthly spends of Rs 80k, 2X reward points (6.66% returns) on swipes at restaurants on weekends (Sat-Sun). I am one of those rare people who was offered the Infinia Metal but willingly chose DCB. The only Infinia perk that I really miss in DCB is the 5X reward points on Gyftr vouchers via SmartBuy vs 3X on DCB. I use a family member's Infinia for that though.
Same experience here, Rejected Paid Infinia for LTF Plastic DCB, never faced acceptance issues in India. Have already cards like- LTF M4B, Amex Plat charge, BOB eterna, IDFC wealth,SBI Cashback, HSBC live+,HDFC swiggy,Mariott, Axis atlas. I have now 45 credit cards now including the newly launched IDFC Mayura. Not counting spouse cards & numerous debit cards.

Buy the iphone
Same experience here, Rejected Paid Infinia for LTF Plastic DCB, never faced acceptance issues in India. Have already cards like- LTF M4B, Amex Plat charge, BOB eterna, IDFC wealth,SBI Cashback, HSBC live+,HDFC swiggy,Mariott, Axis atlas. I have now 45 credit cards now including the newly launched IDFC Mayura. Not counting spouse cards & numerous debit cards.
How do you even track the due dates?

Wow 45! That’s amazing! With even 5-6 cards feel like a lot for me..

Yes
Wow 45! That’s amazing! With even 5-6 cards feel like a lot for me..
Yes, I have 17 credit card for spouse as well, I think there won't be a bank in India whose credit card I don't have including PSB. Even I got flagged at airport security once, as they could not believe I could have such large number of cards in a cardboard :P

Back