• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB To Infinia

abbas0110

TF Buzz
Hi I am getting an option to upgrade my LTF DCB to Infinia Metal. I have some annual benefits on my DCB which are unlocked and unused like Amazon Prime and Time Prime.

Now when my card gets upgraded to Infinia, do I loose access to these unused milestone benefits? Or I can use them as and when I want.

Tried to search on threads but could not find this specific query hence asking.

Hi I am getting an option to upgrade my LTF DCB to Infinia Metal. I have some annual benefits on my DCB which are unlocked and unused like Amazon Prime and Time Prime.

Now when my card gets upgraded to Infinia, do I loose access to these unused milestone benefits? Or I can use them as and when I want.

Available reward points will be transferred at 1:1 ratio.

For Amazon prime, either stack up or sell anywhere.

You can use the benefits post upgrade to Infinia also. When my DCB was upgraded, I used DCB benefits after 2 months of receiving the Infinia card

You should generate the codes, usually that are redeemable in 6 months.. Look for this condition and redeem

Update: Long post alert.

DCB to Infinia upgrade done and dusted :):)

Initially RM was supposed to take approval based on my 2.6 L salary credit, loan relation with HDFC (21L), last 8 months spend ~ 10.5 L, long 10 year relation with HDFC, Salary account with HDFC etc. + was upgraded to Imperia account few weeks back (Thanks to RM).

But I tried my luck by sending a mail to escalation cc with my use cases and eligibility to get Infinia and they replied to send supporting docs and a letter to their Chennai address.
I send the same letter along with my pay slips, loan account screenshots and last 6 months spend.

My DCB had only 6 L limit, but my spends were high.
On 2nd Sep I send the speed post and now am seeing the Infinia Metal card details in my CC section with 8 L limit. I hold a Tata Neu Infinity and I don't think its an issue. Not sure though.

I am pasting the letter that I send to them below this screenshot. Hope this helps at least few who are kind of on the same boat.

1725977774245.webp

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my DCB to Infinia along with limit upgrade. Or If I can choose only one, I would like to opt for Infinia.

Below are my use cases/requirements/eligibility for limit and Infinia upgrade.

1) The total spend in my current card anniversary year is ~23 L (as per customer care, when I last checked) and in the past 8 months it's ~10.7 L. So, I have been a high spender and have paid my dues on time in the entire history of CC usage without any defaults.

2) I am an Imperia account holder with my salary credited to HDFC account.

3) I have been a long-term customer with HDFC and holding an account for nearly 9 years and have been using your credit cards for a few years now with high spends.

4) I am having an upcoming purchase of nearly 10 L and would need my limit to be enhanced to pay this expense.

5) An issue with DCB is its acceptability - I had a foreign trip to Azerbaijan in March 2024 and I even enrolled for the Global value program. I had enabled international transactions and yet the DCB card was not accepted in any of the places including Marriott properties or luxury malls in Azerbaijan.
I tried my luck in Qatar during transit and it was rejected there as well.
I have upcoming trips in Dec and Apr to Thailand and Japan and I plan to use my entire spends on HDFC CC for this purpose.
Infinia will be my best bet for this requirement.

6) I am holding a home loan with HDFC of 21 L and have not defaulted on it till date. I have shifted this from AXIS bank to HDFC considering my long term relation with HDFC.

7) I am drawing an In-hand Salary close to 2.6 L now and the total salary is 3.2 L with taxes.
I have switched to a new firm from Aug and still I am using HDFC as the salary account even though AXIS is the preferred bank for my new employer. HDFC has been by salary account for 9 years now.

Based on my spending over the past 6-8 months and the long-term relationship I am holding with HDFC and considering all the above factors I have mentioned for my upcoming spends, I request to upgrade my card to Infinia with an increased limit of 10 L or above.

Update: Long post alert.

DCB to Infinia upgrade done and dusted :):)

Initially RM was supposed to take approval based on my 2.6 L salary credit, loan relation with HDFC (21L), last 8 months spend ~ 10.5 L, long 10 year relation with HDFC, Salary account with HDFC etc. + was upgraded to Imperia account few weeks back (Thanks to RM).

But I tried my luck by sending a mail to escalation cc with my use cases and eligibility to get Infinia and they replied to send supporting docs and a letter to their Chennai address.
I send the same letter along with my pay slips, loan account screenshots and last 6 months spend.

My DCB had only 6 L limit, but my spends were high.
On 2nd Sep I send the speed post and now am seeing the Infinia Metal card details in my CC section with 8 L limit. I hold a Tata Neu Infinity and I don't think its an issue. Not sure though.

I am pasting the letter that I send to them below this screenshot. Hope this helps at least few who are kind of on the same boat.

1725977774245.webp

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my DCB to Infinia along with limit upgrade. Or If I can choose only one, I would like to opt for Infinia.

Below are my use cases/requirements/eligibility for limit and Infinia upgrade.

1) The total spend in my current card anniversary year is ~23 L (as per customer care, when I last checked) and in the past 8 months it's ~10.7 L. So, I have been a high spender and have paid my dues on time in the entire history of CC usage without any defaults.

2) I am an Imperia account holder with my salary credited to HDFC account.

3) I have been a long-term customer with HDFC and holding an account for nearly 9 years and have been using your credit cards for a few years now with high spends.

4) I am having an upcoming purchase of nearly 10 L and would need my limit to be enhanced to pay this expense.

5) An issue with DCB is its acceptability - I had a foreign trip to Azerbaijan in March 2024 and I even enrolled for the Global value program. I had enabled international transactions and yet the DCB card was not accepted in any of the places including Marriott properties or luxury malls in Azerbaijan.
I tried my luck in Qatar during transit and it was rejected there as well.
I have upcoming trips in Dec and Apr to Thailand and Japan and I plan to use my entire spends on HDFC CC for this purpose.
Infinia will be my best bet for this requirement.

6) I am holding a home loan with HDFC of 21 L and have not defaulted on it till date. I have shifted this from AXIS bank to HDFC considering my long term relation with HDFC.

7) I am drawing an In-hand Salary close to 2.6 L now and the total salary is 3.2 L with taxes.
I have switched to a new firm from Aug and still I am using HDFC as the salary account even though AXIS is the preferred bank for my new employer. HDFC has been by salary account for 9 years now.

Based on my spending over the past 6-8 months and the long-term relationship I am holding with HDFC and considering all the above factors I have mentioned for my upcoming spends, I request to upgrade my card to Infinia with an increased limit of 10 L or above.
Thanks for the details. I am also planning to email them for upgrade from DCB to infinia next week once bill generates on 17th.. I am planning to email to Cards Services <customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com>
which email id you have sent it to ?

Back