• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Deregistering from UPI and re registering with changed mobile number

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have ICICI Rupay card registered on UPI. But I changed my mobile no associated with card and want to re-register in BHIM using changed mobile no. How to deregister from UPI with exisiting mobile no? Anyone has idea?

helloworld

TF Legend
If you already login with that mobile number, its easy - just deregister or delete that UPI ID.

But if you signout and need to login now, then you can't - ignore that and register with new mobile number on that app.

Anycase, old UPI ID won't work anymore if you uninstall/delete that app.

Trust Me

TF Ace
If you already login with that mobile number, its easy - just deregister or delete that UPI ID.

But if you signout and need to login now, then you can't - ignore that and register with new mobile number on that app.

Anycase, old UPI ID won't work anymore if you uninstall/delete that app.

I've uninstalled PayZapp, but GPay still picks up the UPI ID created there! Does that mean it still exists? If so, how do I delete that for good?

I also want to delete the UPI ID I had created in BHIM (which I've uninstalled since), if that still exists somehow. How do I do that? Thanks.

helloworld

TF Legend
I've uninstalled PayZapp, but GPay still picks up the UPI ID created there! Does that mean it still exists? If so, how do I delete that for good?

I also want to delete the UPI ID I had created in BHIM (which I've uninstalled since), if that still exists somehow. How do I do that? Thanks.

sometimes it takes time to adjust and refresh, so you'll see that option. If needed, re-install payzapp and de-register UPI (need to activate again, pick same UPI ID to register and then deregister).

Whenever you uninstall any UPI app, make sure you completely remove bank account and de-register that ID for easy convinience future purpose.

same for BHIM, login again and register and deregister, thats the only option.

But otherthan GPay any other UPI app picks that UPI ID? If not, then you do not need to worry.