• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Did anyone try following the SmartBuy hack?

mohitsharma

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
  1. Place an order on amazon via smartbuy.
  2. Cancel the order on amazon but take the refund in amazon pay instead of a credit card.
Do we get a 5X rewards points in this case?

prc1990

TF Legend
  2. Cancel the order on amazon but take the refund in amazon pay instead of a credit card.
Shouldn't be as during the final validation it will get rejected as the transaction was reversed.

So no matter what where the refund is received to, eligible cashback will not see the light of approval.

cherryj1988

TF Select
But thats the thing, if the refund is as amazon pay money, the transaction is not exactly "reversed" is it ?
So there is no reverse transaction on the CC. Curious myself on what would happen

prc1990

TF Legend
But thats the thing, if the refund is as amazon pay money, the transaction is not exactly "reversed" is it ?
So there is no reverse transaction on the CC. Curious myself on what would happen
Very good use case 😂. You can test with small amount and share the results here.

TF Ace
TF Family
But how would you get the refund in Amazon Pay? Isn't the amount is automatically refunded back to the original payment method (which is credit card in this case). Or does it work differently for purchases through SmartBuy (haven't used it till now).

prc1990

TF Legend
But how would you get the refund in Amazon Pay? Isn't the amount is automatically refunded back to the original payment method (which is credit card in this case). Or does it work differently for purchases through SmartBuy (haven't used it till now).
In Amazon, while reversing an order you would get an option to get the refund either back to the source or to the APAY balance.

hariselio

TF Premier
Ohh. I have ordered so many times from Amazon, didn't return/cancel much so wasn't aware of this option. Maybe I always chose refund back to source. 🤷‍♂️
AFAIK, it is always refund to source payment method.. And there was never a option for choosing. At least this was my experience.

Refund APay option was provided only for the COD order.

prc1990

TF Legend
AFAIK, it is always refund to source payment method.. And there was never a option for choosing. At least this was my experience.

Refund APay option was provided only for the COD order.
Nope! Refund to APAY balance is even applicable for pre-paid orders as well. Already tested.

prc1990

TF Legend
Nope! Refund to APAY balance is even applicable for pre-paid orders as well. Already tested.

May be the feature hasn't been rolled out for all the accounts or applicable for some accounts based on some conditions. This part I'm not sure.

hariselio

TF Premier
I never get that option. In the last two weeks itself two orders were returned and money automatically refunded to hdfc card.

Where exactly we can see that option?

Edit: Amazon policy,

1652730931755.png

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Legend
I never get that option. In the last two weeks itself two orders were returned and money automatically refunded to hdfc card.

Where exactly we can see that option?

Edit: Amazon policy,

1652730931755.png
Sample is attached for your reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20220517_013426.jpg
    IMG_20220517_013426.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 51