• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Dining Discount is DEAD....Separate MENU card for EazyDiner, Swiggy Dineout etc

sunit123

TF Premier
I keep visiting restaurants for my business meetings...Recently, i observed that many restaurants started keeping 2 different menu cards i.e. one for direct walk-ins and second for discount seekers i.e. those who book through any app.

I booked a restaurant through eazydiner and i was offered a menu card (Red color) with inflated prices. Next time, i walk in to the same restaurant and was offered different menu card (Orange color). 3rd time, i confronted the restaurant manager and he clearly told that they have different menu card. He told me that it is their choice and also gave a logic that there prices on zomato/Swiggy is around 40% more than walk-in/eat-in prices.

So the point i am trying to make is that discounts through eazydiner, dineout etc is just an eyewash and unfortunately, my net bill for same order in case of eazydiner was more after discount then the bill presented at the time of walk-in without booking.

Simpsons Apocalypse GIF

I don't think this is a sustainable practice, people will figure out, start putting negative reviews and all together avoiding such establishments

As such there's no compulsion for restaurants to go on platforms like eazydiner and dineout, they go there out of their own volition to get more patrons, if it's not viable they can simply delist from such platforms

Here in vizag, majority of places on Eazydiner are the one's who are either four/five star hotel restaurants(already inflated prices for everyone) or cafés that don't have much business as it is,
Restaurants with already lines waiting outside don't bother with it

Last edited:
I don't think this is a sustainable practice, people will figure out and start putting negative reviews & all together avoiding such establishments

As such there's no compulsion for restaurants to go on platforms like eazydiner and dineout, they go thee out on their own volition to get more patrons, if it's not viable they can simply delist from such platforms

Here in vizag, majority of places on Eazydiner are the one's who are either four/five star hotel restaurants(already inflated prices for everyone) or places that don't have much business as it is,
Restaurants with already waiting lines outside them don't bother with it
There are no free lunches....Before any sale the prices are inflated so it is common practice to inflate the price...I bought a jeans from levi's for 1999....My brother also liked it and after fews days, there was sale...Same jeans was available at 50% Discount with MRP of 3999....Discount drives more business. Discount is a sort of mental mastur*****.

99.99% people will never realize that prices are inflated for eazydiner/dineout as they always book through apps...It is all about habit of booking through eazydiner/dineout and the mental mastur***** of getting a discount

There are no free lunches....Before any sale the prices are inflated so it is common practice to inflate the price...I bought a jeans from levi's for 1999....My brother also liked it and after fews days, there was sale...Same jeans was available at 50% Discount with MRP of 3999....Discount drives more business. Discount is a sort of mental mastur*****.

99.99% people will never realize that prices are inflated for eazydiner/dineout as they always book through apps...It is all about habit of booking through eazydiner/dineout and the mental mastur***** of getting a discount
I do realize that most discounts are on already inflated prices, same happens in Amazon and other retail establishments as well

But i do sincerely think I've got good deals on Eazydiner over the years, particularly recently with added discounts on my Axis Magnus
This is particularly for Star Property resturents and buffet places,

I keep visiting restaurants for my business meetings...Recently, i observed that many restaurants started keeping 2 different menu cards i.e. one for direct walk-ins and second for discount seekers i.e. those who book through any app.

I booked a restaurant through eazydiner and i was offered a menu card (Red color) with inflated prices. Next time, i walk in to the same restaurant and was offered different menu card (Orange color). 3rd time, i confronted the restaurant manager and he clearly told that they have different menu card. He told me that it is their choice and also gave a logic that there prices on zomato/Swiggy is around 40% more than walk-in/eat-in prices.

So the point i am trying to make is that discounts through eazydiner, dineout etc is just an eyewash and unfortunately, my net bill for same order in case of eazydiner was more after discount then the bill presented at the time of walk-in without booking.
this seems to be rare.. i haven't seen this yet.. this will kill their business

this seems to be rare.. i haven't seen this yet.. this will kill their business
Bhai this is a very common practice. Zomato/swiggy take around 20% cut from the order value from restaurants, so to cut losses or we should say maintain the profit margins (Which by the way anyone would do in their sane mind), they increase the online menu prices in app by the same margin they give to zomato.
This is quite common now. So if the restaurant is nearby, or on your way to home, we should not go for zomato//swiggy for delivery. Also in some way restaurants do not want to get dependent on zomato//swiggy for the sales. Neither should we.

Bhai this is a very common practice. Zomato/swiggy take around 20% cut from the order value from restaurants, so to cut losses or we should say maintain the profit margins (Which by the way anyone would do in their sane mind), they increase the online menu prices in app by the same margin they give to zomato.
This is quite common now. So if the restaurant is nearby, or on your way to home, we should not go for zomato//swiggy for delivery. Also in some way restaurants do not want to get dependent on zomato//swiggy for the sales. Neither should we.
Yes with delivery apps its quite common I've noticed, but otherwise on physically eating in resturents I've not noticed any deferential pricing till now

i was referring to two different menu cards at same restaurant

This is also same scam going on just like online delivery app. Because when dineout makes contract with restaurants for discount, it diminishes the profit margins of restaurants, so to avoid this, they are making 2 menus.
View attachment 65310
like i said.. i have not seen 2 menus so far at any of the restaurants.. yes the prices for online orders are different..but agree to your broader point.. its the biz model that we are all victims of / habituated to... cant resist

This is also same scam going on just like online delivery app. Because when dineout makes contract with restaurants for discount, it diminishes the profit margins of restaurants, so to avoid this, they are making 2 menus.
View attachment 65310
This is exactly what a business cartel is. More players more confusion but the same price.

Same thing happened with telecom earlier too despite 10s of players no one provided better service. Jio weeded out them, now we have just 2 players and still their service is good and cheap.

Been to few restaurants in Bangalore, not faced this dual menu cards.

In the another side:

Recently when I went to Punjab grill, checked the reservations through a known Waiter. All of them are booked through eazydiner & swiggy dine out 😂.

He says, now a days people use only these apps for reservations. Restaurants them selves registered in these apps to increase patronage.

In the another side:

Recently when I went to Punjab grill, checked the reservations through a known Waiter. All of them are booked through eazydiner & swiggy dine out 😂.

He says, now a days people use only these apps for reservations. Restaurants them selves registered in these apps to increase patronage.
And this will increase prices for everyone,
Not jusy for people using table reservation apps

In the another side:

Punjab Grill will have only one menu because it is already priced higher than 5 star....I prefer to dine out at Radisson then Punjab Grill in terms of VFM

Just complain it to the app from which you booked. This is completely unethical and unacceptable from restaurants to get business from these apps while still pushing the costs involved directly to the users and not to their books.

Back