• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Dining Discount is DEAD....Separate MENU card for EazyDiner, Swiggy Dineout etc

Just complain it to the app from which you booked. This is completely unethical and unacceptable from restaurants to get business from these apps while still pushing the costs involved directly to the users and not to their books.
Already complained and received standard reply that we do not control pricing. Pricing is restaurants preview.

Punjab Grill will have only one menu because it is already priced higher than 5 star....I prefer to dine out at Radisson then Punjab Grill in terms of VFM
Heyyyyyy....Punjab grill is good food yaar, I've dined plenty of times at kala ghoda

Just complain it to the app from which you booked. This is completely unethical and unacceptable from restaurants to get business from these apps while still pushing the costs involved directly to the users and not to their books.
I think it's upto hotel to accept dine out or eazy diner.

I had faced a different situation where when I said dineout or eazy pay, hotel staff said they will provide same dc. I had got 10% in dine out for the hotel and also I have infinia which gives additional 15% upto 1k.

They said they can give 10% at first when I showed the dine out offer and later when I asked for infinia dc they told to pay via app itself

And this will increase prices for everyone,
Not jusy for people using table reservation apps
You can't say that for sure.. It will depend on the open market supply and demand... If there is ample competition like in bangalore area where I live, I keep seeing great deals compared to offline. If a restaurant stops giving offers or benefit through online ordering or through dining offers... I simply choose another restaurant... I have been doing this for 2-3 years at least and I often see that restaurants offer these promotions in cycles... So I just visit them when they are offering discounts

Tldr till there is sufficient competition and higher supply a knowledgeable customer can get good deals and higher discounts.. If they want to...

Why bother complaining and all... Simply keep posting to social media... Keep a list of newspapers in there as well... Post every 3 days and twice in weekends... Eventually it will get viral and then upto restaurant if they care for the business or not

You can't say that for sure.. It will depend on the open market supply and demand... If there is ample competition like in bangalore area where I live, I keep seeing great deals compared to offline. If a restaurant stops giving offers or benefit through online ordering or through dining offers... I simply choose another restaurant... I have been doing this for 2-3 years at least and I often see that restaurants offer these promotions in cycles... So I just visit them when they are offering discounts

Tldr till there is sufficient competition and higher supply a knowledgeable customer can get good deals and higher discounts.. If they want to...
Yeah many joints use these discounts reservation apps to boost business in the beginning, or when they're having a low season, but this more so applies on bigger metro cities

In vizag, the list of outlets on these apps are pretty consistent throughout the year, mostly star propertie's resturents and fancy cafés, both of which are already have little inflated prices for everyone

But don't get me wrong, i still use these apps, between eazydiner discount and discount on payeazy through my Axis cards, i still come out ahead, and i like dining at these places from time to time

I think it's upto hotel to accept dine out or eazy diner.

I had faced a different situation where when I said dineout or eazy pay, hotel staff said they will provide same dc. I had got 10% in dine out for the hotel and also I have infinia which gives additional 15% upto 1k.

They said they can give 10% at first when I showed the dine out offer and later when I asked for infinia dc they told to pay via app itself
Thats true. They can always delist themselves from the platform if they want to.

But they cannot remain listed on platform, take customers from their and pass the costs to the end user.

They should find their own customers if they dont like paying third party platforms, as simple as that

I keep visiting restaurants for my business meetings...Recently, i observed that many restaurants started keeping 2 different menu cards i.e. one for direct walk-ins and second for discount seekers i.e. those who book through any app.

I booked a restaurant through eazydiner and i was offered a menu card (Red color) with inflated prices. Next time, i walk in to the same restaurant and was offered different menu card (Orange color). 3rd time, i confronted the restaurant manager and he clearly told that they have different menu card. He told me that it is their choice and also gave a logic that there prices on zomato/Swiggy is around 40% more than walk-in/eat-in prices.

So the point i am trying to make is that discounts through eazydiner, dineout etc is just an eyewash and unfortunately, my net bill for same order in case of eazydiner was more after discount then the bill presented at the time of walk-in without booking.
It's possible on ala karte menu, not sure, i am using easydiner from last 2 years and use at-least twice every month but my bookings are limited to buffet only :)

It's possible on ala karte menu, not sure, i am using easydiner from last 2 years and use at-least twice every month but my bookings are limited to buffet only :)
you will never find out till you visit same restaurant as walk-in i.e. without booking through any app

i generally book restaurants thru eazydiner without prime offers as the good ones don't give much prime offers.. i go as a walk-in customer then after the bill comes pay thru payeazy with axis code and directly tell them to check.. there is no scope of them giving a different price for such situations.. have saved lot of money thru eazydiner this way..

i generally book restaurants thru eazydiner without prime offers as the good ones don't give much prime offers.. i go as a walk-in customer then after the bill comes pay thru payeazy with axis code and directly tell them to check.. there is no scope of them giving a different price for such situations.. have saved lot of money thru eazydiner this way..
yeah it works

I also book via app . Go there and dont tell them abt eazydiner booking. At last , just pay by eazydiner app.

I keep visiting restaurants for my business meetings...Recently, i observed that many restaurants started keeping 2 different menu cards i.e. one for direct walk-ins and second for discount seekers i.e. those who book through any app.

I booked a restaurant through eazydiner and i was offered a menu card (Red color) with inflated prices. Next time, i walk in to the same restaurant and was offered different menu card (Orange color). 3rd time, i confronted the restaurant manager and he clearly told that they have different menu card. He told me that it is their choice and also gave a logic that there prices on zomato/Swiggy is around 40% more than walk-in/eat-in prices.

So the point i am trying to make is that discounts through eazydiner, dineout etc is just an eyewash and unfortunately, my net bill for same order in case of eazydiner was more after discount then the bill presented at the time of walk-in without booking.
This can be a very rare case.I have a restaurant and we will never risk denting reputation with two menus.Havent even heard from any customer about a restaurant practicing this.
It won't be sustainable too as sometimes customers don't inform/reveal or sometimes book after reaching the restaurant.
But need to agree profits were sustainable before the zomato/swiggy era and now a tough business has become tougher to run profitably.

Last edited:

can you name a few which city.. will be curious to check this out

Back