• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

do bank reduce credit limit ??

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
hi,
if bank privides you 5 lakh limit and u use only 5000 per month. would bank reduce your credit limit in future for only using 1% of limit.
anyone got their limit decreased in any bank due to this reason.
also if i dont use card at all. rare use , will it effect limit?

hi,
if bank privides you 5 lakh limit and u use only 5000 per month. would bank reduce your credit limit in future for only using 1% of limit.
Heard of cases in US that Amex reduces credit limit if card is not being used for a long time.

If you are using it regularly even for small spends, nothing to worry about.

No.
It is better to use your credit limit as little as possible. So if you are using 1% that is better - as your credit utilisation ratio would be less.

The lesser your credit utilisation ratio - higher your credit score will be

hi,
Yes bank Reduces limit.But not normally,Some abnormal situations like COVID or recession or Risk factor in card account..etc otherwise its rare.

one of my friend had 50000 credit limit on kotak CC, He paid CC bill late twice, kotak reduced his limit to 3600
If the late payment is more than 3 days then it will impact your limit as well score.Usually card issuers willing not to charge any fee if you have missed your due date unknowingly otherwise hefty penalty will be charged

Back