• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does anyone here Have Standard Chartered Savings Account?

dhiraz

TF Ace
If you have a savings account in Standard Chartered please your experience with it which account variant you have why you opened this account?

Will they offer pre-approved credit cards or not?

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Ok thanks but looks like i dont have any other choice. she shared me the link which goes to this specific account type only. Will i still be able to upgrade to that CB DC later if i have good relationship with bank ?
cashback dc is given on mab maintenance
you ask her to convert it to that type of account otherwise getting it would not be possible

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
cashback dc is given on mab maintenance
you ask her to convert it to that type of account otherwise getting it would not be possible
i just asked her and she said, its same for all employee for my company. I am interested in cards only, nothing much into super premium banking stuff which i wont be requiring that much. I think having a good MAB and relation iwth the bank should be good enough to have that CB card and possibly LTF CC ( less likely ?). Thanks

I opened A Prime Account 2L MAB With Cashback Debit Card

I Downgraded It To Axcess Plus 25k MAB Retained the Cashback debit Card 500Rs Monthly Cashback

I Got PreApproved CC Offer After 8 months With 6L limit
Can you please confirm if 5% CB is applicable to CC Bill paymnts ?
Also how many months you waited till you dwngrded to 25k MAB acc ?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you have a savings account in Standard Chartered please your experience with it which account variant you have why you opened this account?

Will they offer pre-approved credit cards or not?
I opened a Priority account and deposited 50 lakhs in FDs with them a couple of months ago. So far, the experience been superb. I can directly call the branch manager and she is extremely helpful. They promised a credit card despite being self employed if I made a decent deposit and they issued me a Titanium card after about a month. Whenever I have a question or concern, they are extremely responsive and try their best to resolve it. Earlier my plan was to remove the funds after a few months but looking at their service, I am seriously considering moving more business with them.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I initially had a Priority Salary Account with SCB and later when I left the company, it was converted into aXcess Savings account. Personally I was very satisfied with the personal banking facility of SCB. The banking experience is very pleasant (unlike SBI and HDFC where they make you to stand in long queue and give harsh replies). Like once I had a requirement for a huge quantity of one rupee / five rupee coins for a family function. When I approached bank at closing hours, they said that they do not have stock and they promised that they will personally come and give it to me the next day based on the cheque withdrawal. As promised, the next they a rep came to my home and provided the coins. Similarly, in my place (Chennai) there is SCB 24*7 branch - where you can go and do banking even on weekends and govt holidays. Is a very useful feature. Hence I have the SCB savings account by default for life!! But on the flip side, they are not that great at providing exciting Credit Card offers/discounted loans for existing customers..

phoenix1386

TF Select
Contributor
Applied for Prime Savings Account online. As I was existing customer with an SC Digital Account, received application number. Next day, a person from branch called and finished all processes online with OTP. Not even video KYC was required. All that was needed was a photo of signature.

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I initially had a Priority Salary Account with SCB and later when I left the company, it was converted into aXcess Savings account. Personally I was very satisfied with the personal banking facility of SCB. The banking experience is very pleasant (unlike SBI and HDFC where they make you to stand in long queue and give harsh replies). Like once I had a requirement for a huge quantity of one rupee / five rupee coins for a family function. When I approached bank at closing hours, they said that they do not have stock and they promised that they will personally come and give it to me the next day based on the cheque withdrawal. As promised, the next they a rep came to my home and provided the coins. Similarly, in my place (Chennai) there is SCB 24*7 branch - where you can go and do banking even on weekends and govt holidays. Is a very useful feature. Hence I have the SCB savings account by default for life!! But on the flip side, they are not that great at providing exciting Credit Card offers/discounted loans for existing customers..
Is that adyar branch?