• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does grabdeals give additional 5% on flipkart axis cc? (Along with ongoing offer)

skap9731

TF Select
I have never used grabdeals before , but here's what I'm trying to figure out
So there's an offer going on, on flipkart that is giving 10% off on axis cards.
So of i use my flipkart axis cc
I get , 10% bank offer discount
+ 5% normal cashback for flipkart cc
+ 5% if used via grabdeals

So a total of 20% discount , is that correct? Or am i miscalculating this entire thing?

RohitSah

TF Buzz
Think Grabdeal as an affiliate site (actually it is).

affiliate site cashback and card cashbacks and product discounts all are different.

Same rule applies whether you purchased through Grabdeals, Cashkaro, Zingoy, Smartbuy etc.
(Just note that some of these affiliate sites accept particular cards like Grabdeals = axis cards, Smartbuy = hdfc cards, Cashkaro = any bank card).

Make sure you follow affiliate purchase process properly (there is no sure way to track whether you purchased through their affiliate link or normally), so make screenshots and hope that everything good in 90 days.

Ex: if that product gives 10% instant discount on Axis cards.

And if one purchase through Grabdeal and used Ace credit card = upto 5% Grabdeal + 10% instant discount + 2% Ace cashback
Ok Thx for the info.
But this thing doesn’t work with Gift card purchases on grabdeals, i had purchased gift card during 5% cashback sale on instant vouchers on grabdeals several times using my FK credit card and everytime i had got only 5% cashback which gets credited in next billing statement, so didn’t need to wait for 90 days. And i have never got that 1.5% card cashback so i am confused that will i get the 5+5% cashback for AC purchases.

There was a time when FK used to give instant discount & Axis cashbacck for FK card. Then they changed their T&C and started excluding FK card from normal Axis offers. If normal axis gets direct 10% off, FK CC may get 5% off + 5% CB. But mathematically 10% > 5%+5% so FK CC effectively gives less. If you have any other Axis CC, use that, it would also work with grabdeals.
I normally use Airtel Axis CC for such offers. 10% off + 1% airtel CC cashback +grabdeals CB.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
I had a similar transaction for phone exchange against a new phone where the bill was ₹3000/- after exchange. But to my surprise, the cashback was only on the amount paid after exchange! That's 5% of 3k like peanuts! I contacted cc and they said cashback applicable only on net cart value after any offers or exchange. My advice would be calculate exchange value and FK CC discount separately and then proceed. Moreover you can sell the used phone for more what you get in exchange sometimes!