• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does having only unsecured credit cards significantly impact one's CIBIL score?

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I hold six unsecured credit cards and have four unsecured loans, with a current CIBIL score of 781. Within the next one or two months, all of my loans will be paid off, and I don't have any plans to apply for new loans.

Given the importance of credit mix in maintaining a good CIBIL score, I'm curious about how much my credit rating will be impacted if I'm left with only unsecured credit cards and no other credit accounts.

What options do I have if there is a significant impact on my credit score?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's not affected much. I used to have only 10 credit cards before. But last year i took car loan which is approx 75% of total credit limit of all my cards. My credit score hasn't increased at all!
Secured loans like Auto & gold does not usually increase the score. Only a home loan will increase it !

pradeepG

TF Premier
You could also play around with score simulator and get a more precise answer.
score simulator is just a gimmick & Toy, playing around that has no impact or influence or prediction on reality. tried several times before availing a loan or CC but 100% of times result didn't matched.