• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HDFC negotiate card fees?

KnightX

TF Neo
I had HDFC millenia LTF card, which i recently upgraded to regalia gold FYF. Since i dont have a use worth rs.2500 for regalia , i plan to close it after one year. I want to know if we can negotiate card fees to LTF with HDFC by mailing them or threatening to close. If not, then what is the criteria for LTF regalia otherwise?

I have salary account in HDFC only if it helps, and the employer was eligible for free regalia but I have since left the job. Can i still apply for LTF based on the employer i used to open the account?

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They used to do it easy earlier, but now it looks slightly difficult. You can give it a try.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had HDFC millenia LTF card, which i recently upgraded to regalia gold FYF. Since i dont have a use worth rs.2500 for regalia , i plan to close it after one year. I want to know if we can negotiate card fees to LTF with HDFC by mailing them or threatening to close. If not, then what is the criteria for LTF regalia otherwise?

I have salary account in HDFC only if it helps, and the employer was eligible for free regalia but I have since left the job. Can i still apply for LTF based on the employer i used to open the account?
I got my FYF Regalia Gold converted to LTF last month.
Threatening wont work with HDFC, they will just cancel the card.
Just send a mail to pno or grievance mentioning your past hdfc relationship and request for LTF conversion.

Card

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I think they either charge full fee or make it LTF. Not heard of any reduced fee or extra points like Amex does.

Card

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got my FYF Regalia Gold converted to LTF last month.
Threatening wont work with HDFC, they will just cancel the card.
Just send a mail to pno or grievance mentioning your past hdfc relationship and request for LTF conversion.
Can't agree more!

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If you spend a lot and are a valued customer, they might make it LTF.

If you don't spend a lot and are not a valued customer, they don't care and won't do anything.

ismail

TF Select
I have tata infinity FYF, after 5 months i requested for LTF, they said NO, I put in a request for closure, been 1 day, the card still shows

cardy

TF Ace

Don't threaten or mail to close the card if you have no intention, because some people are biting fingers for doing that. Hdfc straight away closing cards in that cases.