• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HDFC Tata Neu (shared limit with Regalia LTF) help in getting Infinia?

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Technofinites,

I hold HDFC Regalia LTF with 8.5 lakhs limit and recently (couple of months back) got HDFC Tata Neu with same shared limit.
Now due to not so lucrative reward structure of Regalia, I prefer to use Tata Neu more often but I was planning to get paid Infinia (if I can get it).

My question is will making more spends with HDFC Tata Neu card will help me get Infinia if I am able to show high spend on Tata Neu card ( may be 6 - 8 lakhs in a year)? Or Cobranded cards spends are not considered for Core HDFC Super Premium cards?

P.S. - Few months back when I pressurised HDFC RM a lot, they were ready to offer me a FYF DCB but not LTF DCB though I denied that as I was looking for only LTF Card. Also I hold good TRV with HDFC and a salary account meeting criteria for DCB at least.

Hello Technofinites,

I hold HDFC Regalia LTF with 8.5 lakhs limit and recently (couple of months back) got HDFC Tata Neu with same shared limit.
Now due to not so lucrative reward structure of Regalia, I prefer to use Tata Neu more often but I was planning to get paid Infinia (if I can get it).

My question is will making more spends with HDFC Tata Neu card will help me get Infinia if I am able to show high spend on Tata Neu card ( may be 6 - 8 lakhs in a year)? Or Cobranded cards spends are not considered for Core HDFC Super Premium cards?

P.S. - Few months back when I pressurised HDFC RM a lot, they were ready to offer me a FYF DCB but not LTF DCB though I denied that as I was looking for only LTF Card. Also I hold good TRV with HDFC and a salary account meeting criteria for DCB at least.
You could further consider for infinia, also spend with that regalia card. Because bank thinks you r doing purchase via neu for cb only.

You could further consider for infinia, also spend with that regalia card. Because bank thinks you r doing purchase via neu for cb only.
But for Infinia at this moment I don't think I fulfil either salary or TRV criteria. Is there any way to get Infinia(obviously paid) with DCB salary/TRV criteria?
Also I am spending more through Tata Neu because of the exact same reason as you mentioned that it gives me better reward rate than Regalia..
And when you are suggesting to use regalia more does that mean HDFC differentiate cobranded vs hdfc core card spending for upgrades?

But for Infinia at this moment I don't think I fulfil either salary or TRV criteria. Is there any way to get Infinia(obviously paid) with DCB salary/TRV criteria?
Also I am spending more through Tata Neu because of the exact same reason as you mentioned that it gives me better reward rate than Regalia..
And when you are suggesting to use regalia more does that mean HDFC differentiate cobranded vs hdfc core card spending for upgrades?
If you have 10 lakh on existing card you can request for Infinia.

Even TF dada, requested when he has 8 lakh limit & by this infinia card he got pioneer, eterna cards*

For Dcb upgrade, 5 lakh limit on existing card enough*

*** you need spends too, having limit they will consider for approval need spends. .. travel, flight tickets, gadgets etc.

Hello Technofinites,

In my personal experience - I would say yes. Can't be sure but I think my increased spend on HDFC Neu Rupay card made me eligible for Infinia.

In my personal experience - I would say yes. Can't be sure but I think my increased spend on HDFC Neu Rupay card made me eligible for Infinia.
This is interesting to hear.. So you are saying you did more spends on cobranded card and yet became eligible for Infinia?

Could you share more details on your journey like which card you had apart from neu if any and what are limits on each card and how much did you spend in what duration on neu card and did you get Infinia offer on your netbanking automatically or did you ask Rm or bank people for upgrade??

This is interesting to hear.. So you are saying you did more spends on cobranded card and yet became eligible for Infinia?

Could you share more details on your journey like which card you had apart from neu if any and what are limits on each card and how much did you spend in what duration on neu card and did you get Infinia offer on your netbanking automatically or did you ask Rm or bank people for upgrade??
I had got Regalia more than 5 years back with a 5L limit. I did a couple of blunders in the last 3 years. I was offered DCB LTF in 2020 during Covid time but I refused looking at Diners acceptance level. Didn't know the value of DCB then. Subsequently I was offered limit enhancement last year from 5L to 10L but I foolishly increased to only 8L.

Then earlier this year I had a significant amount of FDs but still I got no offer for upgrade or limit enhancement. In the last 3 months, my FDs went down subsequently, and I had given up on Infinia. Suddenly after getting Tate Neu Infinity, my usage increased on that card since for some expenses like society maintenance, education, etc which weren't accepting credit cards without additional fee, I started paying through Rupay on UPI.

Few days back I read that HDFC is offering upgrades, so checked my Netbanking & found an Infinia Metal FYF offer sitting there 🙂

This is despite my FDs going down. What went up was my Rupay UPI usage which shares 8L limit with my Regalia. Can't say for sure that this is the trigger, but nothing else to justify me becoming eligible now

@ragz By the way, there could be another reason for me getting Infinia. With HDFC merging with HDFC Bank, my home loan now comes under HDFC Bank. Even though this is a liability and not an investment, many banks value having a home loan. With many people recently becoming eligible for Infinia, wonder is it because of the HDFC & HDFC bank merger.

@ragz By the way, there could be another reason for me getting Infinia. With HDFC merging with HDFC Bank, my home loan now comes under HDFC Bank. Even though this is a liability and not an investment, many banks value having a home loan. With many people recently becoming eligible for Infinia, wonder is it because of the HDFC & HDFC bank merger.
I'll try to move my son's school fee and society charges and all big and small expenses on Tata Neu for next 6 months.. let's see if I get that offer from HDFC to upgrade to Infinia

I had got Regalia more than 5 years back with a 5L limit. I did a couple of blunders in the last 3 years. I was offered DCB LTF in 2020 during Covid time but I refused looking at Diners acceptance level. Didn't know the value of DCB then. Subsequently I was offered limit enhancement last year from 5L to 10L but I foolishly increased to only 8L.

Then earlier this year I had a significant amount of FDs but still I got no offer for upgrade or limit enhancement. In the last 3 months, my FDs went down subsequently, and I had given up on Infinia. Suddenly after getting Tate Neu Infinity, my usage increased on that card since for some expenses like society maintenance, education, etc which weren't accepting credit cards without additional fee, I started paying through Rupay on UPI.

Few days back I read that HDFC is offering upgrades, so checked my Netbanking & found an Infinia Metal FYF offer sitting there 🙂

This is despite my FDs going down. What went up was my Rupay UPI usage which shares 8L limit with my Regalia. Can't say for sure that this is the trigger, but nothing else to justify me becoming eligible now
Where exacly we should check in netbanking. Can someone share how the upgrade screen look like ?

Hello Technofinites,

Depends upon which card you would like use as prop to get upgraded to Infinia.

Assuming that there is no offer triggered from HDFC side, and you request for upgrade of the more used card (Tata Neu) to Infinia through Upgrade form or RM, and you get lucky, then you will loose Tata Neu Card, as it will be closed and upgraded to Infinia.

You will be left with Regalia and Infinia.

So, you have to take a conscious call here.

Depends upon which card you would like use as prop to get upgraded to Infinia.

Assuming that there is no offer triggered from HDFC side, and you request for upgrade of the more used card (Tata Neu) to Infinia through Upgrade form or RM, and you get lucky, then you will loose Tata Neu Card, as it will be closed and upgraded to Infinia.

You will be left with Regalia and Infinia.

So, you have to take a conscious call here.
Ohh.. This I didn't think off..
But 2 questions here..
1)are cobrabded cards eligible to be upgraded?
2) if I get upgrade through neu will I not have a choice on which card should I close out of neu and regalia?

Ohh.. This I didn't think off..
But 2 questions here..
1)are cobrabded cards eligible to be upgraded?
2) if I get upgrade through neu will I not have a choice on which card should I close out of neu and regalia?
1. Yes, I upgraded Tata Neu Infinity to LTF Diners Black, w/o touching my Infinia.
2. The upgrade prospects are better with the card that has better spends.

Hope that helps.

Back