• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Infinia Journey - Money Back (2012) -> Dormant (2014) -> Tata Neu (2023) -> Infinia (2024)

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Dear TF Community Members,

I want to share my HDFC Infinia journey with all of you. Wanted to share this even though there are many stories you must have heard and this process is little tougher and little different from what you have seen before but a successful one.

My Credit Card journey started way back in 2012 when I was into MNC, first was Citi Rewards card which came with Citi Suvidha Salary account, later on got HDFC Money back Intl card from office from HDFC Kiosk back then and got 52000 Limit. I always found some additional charges being levied in HDFC credit card and cards were not that rewarding. Later on 2014 when I moved to do my higher studies I gave my HDFC card to my brother for usage and he used it well till 2015 and paid all bills on time. But after that when card got renewed and we moved on we were not aware of the card renewal and some charges were posted to the card which were not to our notice as there was no Mobile Number Portability to get the updates (we were not aware of this also till 2021). I have moved on and was holding only Citi rewards card till 2021. Then came the Credit card boom and rewards and got to know about this community and started collecting all bank cards and tried HDFC also (Millinea) but got rejected with obvious answer Internal Reasons.

Later I came to know from one of brother that to get HDFC credit cards you need to have some banking relationship and bank account. Later on opened Savings Max account with the new branch opened as I am from Tier-2 City and tried to give business to the new branch so that they will address my issue. After 2 months I got to know that my past credit card with HDFC had some charges posted and they made my CC account dormant and I wont get any cards in future, as the branch is new they told me the same and they can't help. Nothing was posted to CIBIL and there was no payment issue at all as per CIBIL.

Later I joined this community in December 2022 and got to know the benefits and tips to get credit cards got all the cards and discussed with lot of people regarding HDFC cards and posted some threads for FD based HDFC and how to clear the issue. You can just go with reference also. https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-credit-cards-fd-based.8860/ @RewardsAlert @Venky @Pavan . Many suggested not to take FD based card.

Later on account got upgraded to Classic and Preferred. But my HDFC credit card game was never ending and got in contact with some higher officials of HDFC bank in June 2023 and he checked with their internal data and mentioned that some payment was missing and they made account dormant and they didn't mention the amount and category of the amount missed. He took approvals from higher authorities and got me approved HDFC Tata Neu card with 50000 limit and got me assurance that he will enhance the limit and get the card upgraded to Regalia Gold or DCB Alumni LTF (As I am alumni of the Universities Shortlisted) card in six months, and suggested me to use this card well and use Payzapp and asked to make FD after 4 months for 6 months. On he saying that I have asked as per my knowledge when there is a Co Branded card, HDFC wont approve Core card as the second card for which he told that is as per the credit card back end team that is true, but we are there to help you and take approvals.

I have done the same and limit got enhanced to 4.4L and got upgrade offer to Regalia Gold as DCB alumni offer is closed the executive who assisted me on this moved to another bank but as promised he offered me Regalia Gold FYF and limit enhancement, I have denied the upgrade offer as I was keen to get DCB metal or Infinia. Once this upgrade is done, I have to wait for another 6 months to get either of these cards that too on spend based approvals and there is no guarantee. And in meanwhile Infinia Reserve might follow up and there will be another ladder to climb from there on.

Later on got to see the discussion happening regarding Infinia against Insurance posts across the forum and @S S V was master on getting it within short time discussed with him and understood the game. I had different plans as bank was looking for business I gave the option of General Insurance business to them. We do have some business requirement insurance like Fire, Buglary, Vehicle General Insurance every year and on the Circle Head of district arrived I had discussed with him for which he told he will try to get approvals.
Later on my account upgraded to Imperia but Circle Head denied for the upgrade to Infinia. Then I mailed Circle Head, RM, BM with my requirement and my business proposal of the total Insurance premium every year I am paying and I will give them 50% business if they upgrade to Infinia and 50% later on if they get approval to my brother. For which they came up with 70% now and 30% later for which I agreed and paid around 1.5L(which was due this month) insurance which was been giving to ICICI without benefits to these people and got finally got Infinia approved.

@TechnoFino always says that you need to ask bank and make your requirements done. Process got little delayed due to Pongal Holidays, Republic Day weekend and some escalations at Hyderabad BBH offices. Last week went for approval on Friday and got it approved today and reflected in My Cards Section. Finally happy with my Infinia and sharing my journey with you guys. Let me explore all the Smartbuy options and all because I don't have any core cards till now to use Smartbuy.

** Core card can be taken even if your first card is Co branded subjected to approvals.

** Show business and your worthiness to bank to offer the best services, Ask for what you want and get it done with business offered.

** Make continuous follow-ups till the work is done.

Infinia might easy task for some people there are people who had this as a distant task. This might seem little long post but to get it done from Tier-2 city was a herculean task as this was the first time in our Circle they have done this way. There are around only 10 odd Infinia that too happened upgraded automatically in our district. Thanks to many people and discussions I have done throughout this process. I always wanted not to spend much in hoping for getting Infinia some day and approval decision not lying in our hands.

Good start for 2024 as I got Platinum Charge, Infinia now and Aurum in pipeline.

Attachments

• HDFC Infinia.jpeg
    HDFC Infinia.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I want to share my HDFC Infinia journey with all of you. Wanted to share this even though there are many stories you must have heard and this process is little tougher and little different from what you have seen before but a successful one.

My Credit Card journey started way back in 2012 when I was into MNC, first was Citi Rewards card which came with Citi Suvidha Salary account, later on got HDFC Money back Intl card from office from HDFC Kiosk back then and got 52000 Limit. I always found some additional charges being levied in HDFC credit card and cards were not that rewarding. Later on 2014 when I moved to do my higher studies I gave my HDFC card to my brother for usage and he used it well till 2015 and paid all bills on time. But after that when card got renewed and we moved on we were not aware of the card renewal and some charges were posted to the card which were not to our notice as there was no Mobile Number Portability to get the updates (we were not aware of this also till 2021). I have moved on and was holding only Citi rewards card till 2021. Then came the Credit card boom and rewards and got to know about this community and started collecting all bank cards and tried HDFC also (Millinea) but got rejected with obvious answer Internal Reasons.

Later I came to know from one of brother that to get HDFC credit cards you need to have some banking relationship and bank account. Later on opened Savings Max account with the new branch opened as I am from Tier-2 City and tried to give business to the new branch so that they will address my issue. After 2 months I got to know that my past credit card with HDFC had some charges posted and they made my CC account dormant and I wont get any cards in future, as the branch is new they told me the same and they can't help. Nothing was posted to CIBIL and there was no payment issue at all as per CIBIL.

Later I joined this community in December 2022 and got to know the benefits and tips to get credit cards got all the cards and discussed with lot of people regarding HDFC cards and posted some threads for FD based HDFC and how to clear the issue. You can just go with reference also. https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-credit-cards-fd-based.8860/ @RewardsAlert @Venky @Pavan . Many suggested not to take FD based card.

Later on account got upgraded to Classic and Preferred. But my HDFC credit card game was never ending and got in contact with some higher officials of HDFC bank in June 2023 and he checked with their internal data and mentioned that some payment was missing and they made account dormant and they didn't mention the amount and category of the amount missed. He took approvals from higher authorities and got me approved HDFC Tata Neu card with 50000 limit and got me assurance that he will enhance the limit and get the card upgraded to Regalia Gold or DCB Alumni LTF card in six months, and suggested me to used this card well and use Payzapp and asked to make FD after 4 months for 6 months. On he saying that I have asked as per my knowledge when there is a Co Branded card, HDFC wont approve Core card as the second card for which he told that is as per the credit card back end team that is true, but we are there to help you and take approvals.

I have done the same and limit got enhanced to 4.4L and got upgrade offer to Regalia Gold as DCB alumni offer is closed the executive who assisted me on this moved to another bank but as promised he offered me Regalia Gold FYF and limit enhancement, I have denied the upgradeoffer as I was keen to get DCB metal or Infinia. Once this upgrade is done, I have to wait for another 6 months to get either of these cards that too on spend based approvals and there is no guarantee. And in meanwhile Infinia Reserve might follow up and there will be another ladder to climb from there on.

Later on got to see the discussion happening regarding Infinia against Insurance posts across the forum and @S S V was master on getting it within short time discussed with him and understood the game. I had different plans as bank was looking for business I gave the option of General Insurance business to them. We do have some business requirement insurance like Fire, Buglary, Vehicle General Insurance every year and on the Circle Head of district arrived I had discussed with him for which he told he will try to get approvals.
Later on my account upgraded to Infinia but Circle Head denied for the upgrade to Infinia. Then I mailed Circle Head, RM, BM with my requirement and my business proposal of the total Insurance premium every year I am paying and I will give them 50% business if they upgrade to Infinia and 50% later on if they get approval to my brother. For which they came up with 70% now and 30% later for which I agreed and paid around 1.5L insurance which was been giving to ICICI without benefits to these people and got finally got Infinia approved.

@TechnoFino always says that If you need to ask bank and make your requirements done. Process got little delayed due to Pongal Holidays, Republic Day weekend and some escalations at Hyderabad BBH offices. Last week went for approval on Friday and got it approved today and reflected in My Cards Section. Finally happy with my Infinia and sharing my journey with you guys. Let me explore all the Smartbuy options and all because I don't have any core cards till now to use Smartbuy.

** Core card can be taken even if your first card is Co branded subjected to approvals

** Show business and your worthiness to bank to offer the best services, Ask for what you want and get it done with business offered.

Infinia might easy task for some people there are people who had this as a distant task. This might seem little long post but to get it done from Tier-2 city was a herculean task as this was the first time in our Circle they have done this way. There are around only 10 odd Infinia that too happened upgraded automatically in our district. Thanks to many people and discussions I have done throughout this process. I always wanted not to spend much in hoping for getting Infinia some day and decision not lying in our hands.

Good start for 2024 as I have Platinum Charge, Infinia now and Aurum in pipeline.
Excellent.. well done..and Welcome

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Later on account got upgraded to Classic and Preferred. But my HDFC credit card game was never ending and got in contact with some higher officials of HDFC bank in June 2023 and he checked with their internal data and mentioned that some payment was missing and they made account dormant and they didn't mention the amount and category of the amount missed. He took approvals from higher authorities and got me approved HDFC Tata Neu card with 50000 limit and got me assurance that he will enhance the limit and get the card upgraded to Regalia Gold or DCB Alumni LTF card in six months, and suggested me to used this card well and use Payzapp and asked to make FD after 4 months for 6 months. On he saying that I have asked as per my knowledge when there is a Co Branded card, HDFC wont approve Core card as the second card for which he told that is as per the credit card back end team that is true, but we are there to help you and take approvals.

I have done the same and limit got enhanced to 4.4L and got upgrade offer to Regalia Gold as DCB alumni offer is closed the executive who assisted me on this moved to another bank but as promised he offered me Regalia Gold FYF and limit enhancement, I have denied the upgradeoffer as I was keen to get DCB metal or Infinia. Once this upgrade is done, I have to wait for another 6 months to get either of these cards that too on spend based approvals and there is no guarantee. And in meanwhile Infinia Reserve might follow up and there will be another ladder to climb from there on.

Later on my account upgraded to Infinia but Circle Head denied for the upgrade to Infinia. Then I mailed Circle Head, RM, BM with my requirement and my business proposal of the total Insurance premium every year I am paying and I will give them 50% business if they upgrade to Infinia and 50% later on if they get approval to my brother. For which they came up with 70% now and 30% later for which I agreed and paid around 1.5L insurance which was been giving to ICICI without benefits to these people and got finally got Infinia approved.

@TechnoFino always says that If you need to ask bank and make your requirements done. Process got little delayed due to Pongal Holidays, Republic Day weekend and some escalations at Hyderabad BBH offices. Last week went for approval on Friday and got it approved today and reflected in My Cards Section. Finally happy with my Infinia and sharing my journey with you guys. Let me explore all the Smartbuy options and all because I don't have any core cards till now to use Smartbuy.

** Core card can be taken even if your first card is Co branded subjected to approvals

Infinia might easy task for some people there are people who had this as a distant task. This might seem little long post but to get it done from Tier-2 city was a herculean task as this was the first time in our Circle they have done this way. There are around only 10 odd Infinia that too happened upgraded automatically in our district. Thanks to many people and discussions I have done throughout this process. I always wanted not to spend much in hoping for getting Infinia some day and decision not lying in our hands.

Good start for 2024 as I have Platinum Charge, Infinia now and Aurum in pipeline.
Congratulations, buddy.

A quick query? Why Aurum- is it just for the first year?

For others, if anyone was able to get exceptional approval in North East Zone (Bihar, Kolkata, etc), please share your story.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Congratulations, buddy.

A quick query? Why Aurum- is it just for the first year?

For others, if anyone was able to get exceptional approval in North East Zone (Bihar, Kolkata, etc), please share your story.
As of now fascinated with metal cards and it will sit well in my portfolio. And you said first year benefits are good. Even movie free tickets work for me. Let’s see after using for 1 year.

But feeling relived in getting Infinia was a long journey though.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The moral of the story is : always give and take.. but while giving from our POV , spend only that is relevant from our individual needs perspective and extract much better value…
It will never work one way…
Yes, I’ve put my requirements well as you mentioned on our chat.

Extract the maximum value and it’s a win-win for HDFC and me. Loser is ICICI in my case.

mrbean007

TF Buzz

I have done the same and limit got enhanced to 4.4L and got upgrade offer to Regalia Gold as DCB alumni offer is closed the executive who assisted me on this moved to another bank but as promised he offered me Regalia Gold FYF and limit enhancement, I have denied the upgrade offer as I was keen to get DCB metal or Infinia. Once this upgrade is done, I have to wait for another 6 months to get either of these cards that too on spend based approvals and there is no guarantee. And in meanwhile Infinia Reserve might follow up and there will be another ladder to climb from there on.

Later on my account upgraded to Imperia but Circle Head denied for the upgrade to Infinia. Then I mailed Circle Head, RM, BM with my requirement and my business proposal of the total Insurance premium every year I am paying and I will give them 50% business if they upgrade to Infinia and 50% later on if they get approval to my brother. For which they came up with 70% now and 30% later for which I agreed and paid around 1.5L(which was due this month) insurance which was been giving to ICICI without benefits to these people and got finally got Infinia approved.

@TechnoFino always says that you need to ask bank and make your requirements done. Process got little delayed due to Pongal Holidays, Republic Day weekend and some escalations at Hyderabad BBH offices. Last week went for approval on Friday and got it approved today and reflected in My Cards Section. Finally happy with my Infinia and sharing my journey with you guys. Let me explore all the Smartbuy options and all because I don't have any core cards till now to use Smartbuy.

** Core card can be taken even if your first card is Co branded subjected to approvals.

Good start for 2024 as I got Platinum Charge, Infinia now and Aurum in pipeline.
Good they offered you. In my case I am existing Regalia customer with limit of 11 lakhs and preferred account relationship since last 12 years and still they are not bothered to upgrade my card. I have already talked to RM and escalation desk but all have denied

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Good they offered you. In my case I am existing Regalia customer with limit of 11 lakhs and preferred account relationship since last 12 years and still they are not bothered to upgrade my card. I have already talked to RM and escalation desk but all have denied
I understand you are facing the issue of getting Infinia with long standing relationship, have been on the same boat till yesterday.

With 11 Lakhs limit you either need to spend around 8L in the past 6 months or you need to give some business to the bank. You've to find some way to get through based on your requirements and branch requirements and mutual negotiation.

Attachments

• HDFC CC Upgrade and LE.jpg
    HDFC CC Upgrade and LE.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 94

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Infinia might easy task for some people there are people who had this as a distant task. This might seem little long post but to get it done from Tier-2 city was a herculean task as this was the first time in our Circle they have done this way. There are around only 10 odd Infinia that too happened upgraded automatically in our district. Thanks to many people and discussions I have done throughout this process. I always wanted not to spend much in hoping for getting Infinia some day and approval decision not lying in our hands.

FYF or LTF bro??