• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does UPI-linked SBI SimplySAVE RuPay Credit Card charge a SURCHARGE when paying for diesel by scanning a QR code?

imrtbpsp

TF Select
Detailed post, please bear with me.

Recently, I faced an issue while buying diesel using my UPI-linked SBI SimplySAVE RuPay credit card.
I have two Rupay credit cards:
1. HDFC Business Moneyback RuPay credit card, which is one and a half years old.
2. SBI SimplySAVE RuPay credit card, which is just 15 days old.

In my experience, whenever I bought diesel using my UPI-linked HDFC Business Moneyback Rupay credit card (linked to Paytm in my case) by scanning the QR Code for payment, I never had to pay any surcharge. In the past, I have bought diesel worth ₹20,000 to ₹30,000 many times, and the amount I paid was always exactly what I was billed.
For Reference, on 28/08/24, I bought ₹22,000 worth of diesel using my UPI-linked HDFC Business Moneyback Rupay Credit Card, and I didn't have to pay any surcharge. I have attached the screenshot for reference.👇🏻
IMG_20240906_165658.webp
I had to pay a surcharge only once when I physically swiped my HDFC Rupay Credit Card to buy ₹2,967 worth of diesel. In that case, I was charged a surcharge of around ₹120-₹130, and I also received a ₹30-something surcharge waiver.

Let's come to the culprit SBI SimplySave Rupay Credit Card।
On the other hand, on 02/09/24, I used my UPI-linked SBI SimplySAVE RuPay credit card to buy ₹21,000 worth of diesel by scanning the QR Code. Initially, in the unbilled transaction history showed ₹21,000, but when the amount got settled, I was charged an extra ₹247.80, and my billing amount became ₹21,247.👇🏻
IMG_20240906_180510.webp

This has raised concerns for me because, as per my understanding (may be wrong), using a UPI-linked RuPay credit card (Paytm in my case) to scan and pay for fuel should not attract any surcharge.
Here are my questions:
1. Has SBI mistakenly charged me this extra amount, or do I need to pay the surcharge?
2. Has anyone else experienced this issue where they were charged a surcharge for using the SBI SimplySAVE RuPay credit card to scan and pay for fuel?
Looking forward to your thoughts and experiences!
@TechnoFino @VISHESH_BANSAL @SSV @Channakya @Vasuki @Abhishek012 @ashwink @deep@vie @pprakash11

Recently, I faced an issue while buying diesel using my UPI-linked SBI SimplySAVE RuPay credit card.
1. HDFC Business Moneyback RuPay credit card, which is one and a half years old.

In my experience, whenever I bought diesel using my UPI-linked HDFC Business Moneyback Rupay credit card (linked to Paytm in my case) by scanning the QR Code for payment, I never had to pay any surcharge. In the past, I have bought diesel worth ₹20,000 to ₹30,000 many times, and the amount I paid was always exactly what I was billed.
For Reference, on 28/08/24, I bought ₹22,000 worth of diesel using my UPI-linked HDFC Business Moneyback Rupay Credit Card, and I didn't have to pay any surcharge. I have attached the screenshot for reference.👇🏻
View attachment 67765
I had to pay a surcharge only once when I physically swiped my HDFC Rupay Credit Card to buy ₹2,967 worth of diesel. In that case, I was charged a surcharge of around ₹120-₹130, and I also received a ₹30-something surcharge waiver.

On the other hand, on 02/09/24, I used my UPI-linked SBI SimplySAVE RuPay credit card to buy ₹21,000 worth of diesel by scanning the QR Code. Initially, in the unbilled transaction history showed ₹21,000, but when the amount got settled, I was charged an extra ₹247.80, and my billing amount became ₹21,247.👇🏻
View attachment 67766

This has raised concerns for me because, as per my understanding (may be wrong), using a UPI-linked RuPay credit card (Paytm in my case) to scan and pay for fuel should not attract any surcharge.
Here are my questions:
1. Has SBI mistakenly charged me this extra amount, or do I need to pay the surcharge?
2. Has anyone else experienced this issue where they were charged a surcharge for using the SBI SimplySAVE RuPay credit card to scan and pay for fuel?
@TechnoFino @VISHESH_BANSAL @SSV @Channakya @Vasuki @Abhishek012 @ashwink @deep@vie @pprakash11
Yes, they charge surcharge.

View attachment 67765

View attachment 67766

Here are my questions:
Basically , sbi simply save card offers 1 % surcharge waiver upto 100 from 500 to 3000 per transactions . which means if you do a transcation upto 3000 you would get 30 rupees , but above that you would not any waiver . so , uptill 10000 only that to less than 3k per transaction you would get waiver , but you have exceeded the limit . in my opinion the surcharge has been charged .

Basically , sbi simply save card offers 1 % surcharge waiver upto 100 from 500 to 3000 per transactions . which means if you do a transcation upto 3000 you would get 30 rupees , but above that you would not any waiver . so , uptill 10000 only that to less than 3k per transaction you would get waiver , but you have exceeded the limit . in my opinion the surcharge has been charged .
Then why is it not so in HDFC's case? There is no surcharge there, as I have also shared the screenshot.

Back