• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DPD in CIBIL

NishantK

TF Buzz
I am an employee of a central govt PSU. I earn a decent pay. Previously I had some health emergency in my family due to which I wasn't able to pay my loans and DPDs are reflected in CIBIL in 3 of my loan account. This happened 10-11 months ago. Now I have a 768 cibil score and also got approved for credit cards. However I am not getting approved for personal loans from icici or hdfc bank due to this dpd issue. Till now much time should I wait to apply for a personal loan in these banks. Right now I am paying all my dues on time. Someone please guide me on this issue

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am an employee of a central govt PSU. I earn a decent pay. Previously I had some health emergency in my family due to which I wasn't able to pay my loans and DPDs are reflected in CIBIL in 3 of my loan account. This happened 10-11 months ago. Now I have a 768 cibil score and also got approved for credit cards. However I am not getting approved for personal loans from icici or hdfc bank due to this dpd issue. Till now much time should I wait to apply for a personal loan in these banks. Right now I am paying all my dues on time. Someone please guide me on this issue
Generally DPD will lose it’s relevance after 36 months..
Before that each bank has its own criteria..
You need to try different banks

NishantK

TF Buzz
Generally DPD will lose it’s relevance after 36 months..
Before that each bank has its own criteria..
You need to try different banks
How much previous payment record does icici and hdfc bank checks?..this DPD incident occurred 10 months ago.. icici sales team told me that they check the past 6 months.. however payment history of my past 6 months are totally clear and I even got approved for 3 icici credit cards..current cibil is 768

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How much previous payment record does icici and hdfc bank checks?..this DPD incident occurred 10 months ago.. icici sales team told me that they check the past 6 months.. however payment history of my past 6 months are totally clear and I even got approved for 3 icici credit cards..current cibil is 768
Most likely you will be fine after 12 months...

Dr.Anand456

TF Buzz
here are two key things to know about past due data on your credit score:
  1. Data Retention: Credit bureaus like CIBIL typically maintain your credit report data for a minimum of 3 years. After this period, the negative impact of past late payments starts to diminish significantly.
  2. New Credit Applications: You may be eligible to apply for new personal loans and credit cards after 12 months of consistently making on-time payments. However, approval will depend on your overall creditworthiness, not just the age of your past dues.
Here's a more positive way to frame it:

By consistently making on-time payments for the next year, you can demonstrate responsible credit behavior and increase your chances of approval for new credit products.

NishantK

TF Buzz
here are two key things to know about past due data on your credit score:
  1. Data Retention: Credit bureaus like CIBIL typically maintain your credit report data for a minimum of 3 years. After this period, the negative impact of past late payments starts to diminish significantly.
  2. New Credit Applications: You may be eligible to apply for new personal loans and credit cards after 12 months of consistently making on-time payments. However, approval will depend on your overall creditworthiness, not just the age of your past dues.
Here's a more positive way to frame it:

By consistently making on-time payments for the next year, you can demonstrate responsible credit behavior and increase your chances of approval for new credit products.
Yes...almost 1 year have been passed since that incident...all timely payments on all loans..cibil reached 768 and also got approved for credit cards of icici...main query is that till how much months of past payment history does pvt banks like icici and hdfc check?

Dr.Anand456

TF Buzz
Yes...almost 1 year have been passed since that incident...all timely payments on all loans..cibil reached 768 and also got approved for credit cards of icici...main query is that till how much months of past payment history does pvt banks like icici and hdfc check?
While it's not an absolute rule, banks typically review your financial history from the past 12 months..

mukesh01

TF Select
I got an ICICI credit Card in Mar 2020, I made a purchase expecting some income but that was deferred because of COVID and lockdowns so I could pay that dues in Oct only with 50% interest, thankfully that wasn't a high amount but high at that time for me.
My CIBIL decreased to less than 600.
After that ICICI also closed that card and I didn't think about any other CC or PL for 2 years but after two years my friend needed some money and I took a PL from KreditBee and paid on time.
And after that, my CIBIL bounced back. (Holding 6CC, one PL of 11L FROM HSBC and one Overdraft from HSBC)
The reason
Create a lot of accounts
Pay on time.
So your percentage of on-time payments increases a lot compared to late payments, this is most important.
One advice - don't take PL from any app.
CC should be the best option and pay later is second best.