• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Dreamt big.... now winnowing down

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Earlier this year, I went on a credit card collection rampage. And now, I'm looking to cut the excess weight. Any and all suggestions (even upgrades or changes) are welcome!

Currently, this is my portfolio:

• HDFC Millennia - Oldest card at 7+ years. Has a modest 4.5L credit limit. I badly want to upgrade but I don't find the 2.5k annual fee of DCP worth it and HDFC won't give me DCB (I am technically a little below the eligibility criteria but I'm trying get it via corporate benefits). Love this card but I am finding Neu Infinity to be the better alternative these days.
  • HDFC Tata Neu Infinity - Got it earlier this year and in 2 months I've managed to make the annual fee back (it is FYF, but still). Best value for money for me thanks to Bigbasket and insurance premium returns. Only gripe is the shared limit, which HDFC refuses to increase.
  • ICICI Amazon Pay - 2nd oldest card at 4+ years. It was no brainer as I had been a prime user since 2016. But I am finding this card less and less useful but I've kept it as it's LTF and has a healthy 6.6L credit limit.
  • Federal Bank Celesta - This card came out of nowhere and became a favourite for me in the month I got it. I managed to get back 3k with just 26k spendings thanks to merchant offers. But the moment the calendar ticked over, it is all over for this card. Not a single offer, nothing! It is LTF and it gives BOGO on BMS, so I'm keeping it for now.
  • SC Smart - Got it as FYF particularly for 2 large expenses (~50k insurance premiums) which would give me the best returns. And I'll find a way to spend 20k more to get the annual fee waiver but amazon is charging 2.36% fee on wallet loads via credit card so.... I'm considering how else to spend the remaining 20k. Not sure whether to keep this card beyond its first year.
  • BoB Premier - Got it as LTF during a promotional campaign and it is not bad. I still prefer using Neu Infinity for offline spends as you get straight 1.5% back as Neu coins instead of the 2% reward points here. But the additional Snapdeal Rupay virtual card is good. I just got the offer a few days back so yet to use it but seems like the best rupay card (both Premier and Neu Infinity are Visa)
  • I also have OneCard, and Kotak MOJO (was given to me LTF as a retention measure as their agent had given me PVR Inox card after lying about all of its benefits). I rarely use them. I also got and closed IDFC Select in the same month as it got devalued 2 days after I got the card. I do regret it as that's the only card which gave true free RSA. I guess I'll reapply after 3-6 months just for that benefit

Other than this, I'm considering getting Indusind Eazydiner Signature and HDFC Swiggy. But I'm still trying the justify eazydiner's annual fees and Swiggy being the 3rd card to share my measly 4.5L HDFC limit

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Convert the Tata Neu Infinity to Rupay platform and drop both the BoB cards, Kotak card.
Top 3 can stay, you can drop rest all, unless you need them for specific use case.
IDFC select is still useful for Paytm movies 1+1 & RSA.
Try to make some of your paid cards to LTF. Both HDFC cards can be tried. Request RM or email support.

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Convert the Tata Neu Infinity to Rupay platform and drop both the BoB cards, Kotak card.
Top 3 can stay, you can drop rest all, unless you need them for specific use case.
IDFC select is still useful for Paytm movies 1+1 & RSA.
Try to make some of your paid cards to LTF. Both HDFC cards can be tried. Request RM or email support.
Yeah, I plan to move Neu to Rupay.

Kotak is basically dead weight. It's going

Verdict is still out on BoB cards. I'll keep them till Neu gets converted, at least.

Let's not talk about HDFC! These guys won't give me a limit enhancement, forget about converting paid cards to free. Btw, Millennia is free.

reach2dpg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Very Simple rule...Keep LTF and CLOSE all the PAID cards...
Paid card benefits can outweigh the LTF cards. For example SC smart can give better benefit than Amazon ICICI. Concentrate spends on fewer cards to achieve milestone benefits and annual fee waiver.

helloworld

TF Legend
Honestly, you dont need another card. For swiggy use millennia and 4.3L not small limit.

Easydiner that depends on how many times you go out.. federal, sc can give 15% so rest 10% w.r.t fee have to get.

Animal

TF Premier
Paid card benefits can outweigh the LTF cards. For example SC smart can give better benefit than Amazon ICICI. Concentrate spends on fewer cards to achieve milestone benefits and annual fee waiver.
Agree. Closing the paid card just because of annual fee doesn’t make sense. If you can extract more value by paying annual fee, its better to pay the fees.

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Honestly, you dont need another card. For swiggy use millennia and 4.3L not small limit.

Easydiner that depends on how many times you go out.. federal, sc can give 15% so rest 10% w.r.t fee have to get.
4.5L isn't bad but the usage can get really high when two cards are sharing it. Especially when I use either of them for large payments (1.5L+). I currently use Millennia for Swiggy but the Swiggy card would double the returns. Anyway, I'm not gonna get it until I have at least 8L limit with HDFC.

federal, sc can give 15% so rest 10% w.r.t fee have to get
Could you explain what you meant by this? Is this wrt eazydiner offers or something else?

I know I'll make back the eazydiner annual cost easily because I dine out at least once every 2 months. And that too in a group of minimum 4 people in Bangalore. Napkin math tells me that if I went to a Prime restaurant, I can recover the annual fees in literally two visits. The reason I'm iffy is because at 2.4k, this would become my costliest card and I think it doesn't have any annual fee waiver so it will become a recurring cost.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Earlier this year, I went on a credit card collection rampage. And now, I'm looking to cut the excess weight. Any and all suggestions (even upgrades or changes) are welcome!

Currently, this is my portfolio:

• HDFC Millennia - Oldest card at 7+ years. Has a modest 4.5L credit limit. I badly want to upgrade but I don't find the 2.5k annual fee of DCP worth it and HDFC won't give me DCB (I am technically a little below the eligibility criteria but I'm trying get it via corporate benefits). Love this card but I am finding Neu Infinity to be the better alternative these days.
  • HDFC Tata Neu Infinity - Got it earlier this year and in 2 months I've managed to make the annual fee back (it is FYF, but still). Best value for money for me thanks to Bigbasket and insurance premium returns. Only gripe is the shared limit, which HDFC refuses to increase.
  • ICICI Amazon Pay - 2nd oldest card at 4+ years. It was no brainer as I had been a prime user since 2016. But I am finding this card less and less useful but I've kept it as it's LTF and has a healthy 6.6L credit limit.
  • Federal Bank Celesta - This card came out of nowhere and became a favourite for me in the month I got it. I managed to get back 3k with just 26k spendings thanks to merchant offers. But the moment the calendar ticked over, it is all over for this card. Not a single offer, nothing! It is LTF and it gives BOGO on BMS, so I'm keeping it for now.
  • SC Smart - Got it as FYF particularly for 2 large expenses (~50k insurance premiums) which would give me the best returns. And I'll find a way to spend 20k more to get the annual fee waiver but amazon is charging 2.36% fee on wallet loads via credit card so.... I'm considering how else to spend the remaining 20k. Not sure whether to keep this card beyond its first year.
  • BoB Premier - Got it as LTF during a promotional campaign and it is not bad. I still prefer using Neu Infinity for offline spends as you get straight 1.5% back as Neu coins instead of the 2% reward points here. But the additional Snapdeal Rupay virtual card is good. I just got the offer a few days back so yet to use it but seems like the best rupay card (both Premier and Neu Infinity are Visa)
  • I also have OneCard, and Kotak MOJO (was given to me LTF as a retention measure as their agent had given me PVR Inox card after lying about all of its benefits). I rarely use them. I also got and closed IDFC Select in the same month as it got devalued 2 days after I got the card. I do regret it as that's the only card which gave true free RSA. I guess I'll reapply after 3-6 months just for that benefit

Other than this, I'm considering getting Indusind Eazydiner Signature and HDFC Swiggy. But I'm still trying the justify eazydiner's annual fees and Swiggy being the 3rd card to share my measly 4.5L HDFC limit
No one can give u suggestion unless u specify, your needs there are tons of cc .
What u need
Where u spend

Your post is half baked....come up with full script for meaningful dilogue ..else it's just call for troll and unsolicited advice

helloworld

TF Legend
4.5L isn't bad but the usage can get really high when two cards are sharing it. Especially when I use either of them for large payments (1.5L+). I currently use Millennia for Swiggy but the Swiggy card would double the returns. Anyway, I'm not gonna get it until I have at least 8L limit with HDFC.

Honestly, don't give much thought about 30% utilisation. Only thing that matter is pay on time and apply moderately, rest will follow in time. Again, 4L is not small amount to spend on both cards in a month.

Could you explain what you meant by this? Is this wrt eazydiner offers or something else?

yes

I know I'll make back the eazydiner annual cost easily because I dine out at least once every 2 months. And that too in a group of minimum 4 people in Bangalore. Napkin math tells me that if I went to a Prime restaurant, I can recover the annual fees in literally two visits. The reason I'm iffy is because at 2.4k, this would become my costliest card and I think it doesn't have any annual fee waiver so it will become a recurring cost.

Its your money, If you want 2.4k back then you need to spend 10k to recover this amount, anything above is your profit

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
If you want 2.4k back then you need to spend 10k to recover this amount
Actually, just 5k if you spend it on a Prime restaurant. But yeah, putting it in terms of how much to spend is actually useful. Made me realise I just need one or two group dinners to make the annual fee back.