• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Dubai trip next week

I have a Indusind exclusive signature debit card and rbl world safari Creditcard and niyo equitas zero forex debit card.which card is better to buy iPhone in dubai these three cards are zero markup fees cards and Indusind exclusive Signature card is free when withdraw money abroad let me know is there any hidden fee and in Google today aed to inr showing 22.61 price. Can I charge same Google price on pos transaction in dubai using this three cards?

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have a Indusind exclusive signature debit card and rbl world safari Creditcard and niyo equitas zero forex debit card.which card is better to buy iPhone in dubai these three cards are zero markup fees cards and Indusind exclusive Signature card is free when withdraw money abroad let me know is there any hidden fee and in Google today aed to inr showing 22.61 price. Can I charge same Google price on pos transaction in dubai using this three cards?
If you buy iPhone in Meena Bazaar they will charge you 2% extra on any card. Best is to withdraw cash and pay as world safari does not give you RP or use indus exclusive DC you might get RP (0.93%) on 115000 rs spend(I have not tested) or you can use any milestone cards except AMEX as charges for AMEX is 6.5%. I used Magnus during my visit in April for milestone benefit

If you buy iPhone in Meena Bazaar they will charge you 2% extra on any card. Best is to withdraw cash and pay as world safari does not give you RP or use indus exclusive DC you might get RP (0.93%) on 115000 rs spend(I have not tested) or you can use any milestone cards except AMEX as charges for AMEX is 6.5%. I used Magnus during my visit in April for milestone benefit
Okay I think withdraw amount using niyo equitas zero forex debit card is better I think,and in Meena Bazaar I Am going to buy iPhone 14 pro max In which shop give cheap price?

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
can we use some card to avoid the charges altogether ?
Use a card with zero forex charge.
Like RBL World Safari or Scapia.

When you pay in local currency you get better exchange rates.

Exchange rate is not a charge but a rate.
For example if 1USD = Approx 84 rupees
But when you come to visa/mastercard, they will give you 1USD for 90 rupees
You won't get the same exchange rates as shown by Google.
Forex charge is a fee on foreign transactions charged by Visa/MasterCard and your Bank

Hope you understood the difference.

Use a card with zero forex charge.
Like RBL World Safari or Scapia.

When you pay in local currency you get better exchange rates.

Exchange rate is not a charge but a rate.
For example if 1USD = Approx 84 rupees
But when you come to visa/mastercard, they will give you 1USD for 90 rupees
You won't get the same exchange rates as shown by Google.
Forex charge is a fee on foreign transactions charged by Visa/MasterCard and your Bank

Hope you understood the difference.
Thanks for the explanation.