• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

During Domestic travel for lounge access is boarding pass and cardholder name should match or not?

viralsanghavi32

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
During Domestic travel for lounge access is boarding pass and cardholder name should match or not? further is priority pass usage give some extra benefit or should just use Visa/ Master card, Finally is there any category at delhi airport for lounge? and on which basis?

vprajnya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Name/bording pass matching is hardly done in indian airports.
you can get thru almost 99% of the times.

However it is religiously checked in some airports like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was traveling with 5 family members and presented 2 cards in my name, 2 cards in my wife's name, and all 4 were granted access but when I tried using my friend's card who wasn't traveling, access was denied. Happened at GVK Mumbai. They were doing the same to other travelers too.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
before lockdown, they used to check for name on boarding pass and name on credit card.
i travelled a couple of months back, and was surprised to find out that they are allowing 2 credit cards on my name to be swiped for 2 accesses! and this happened at lounges at different cities.

this happened even when the lounge was extremely crowded, so i dont think it was just the receptionist's kindness that they allowed me, but i thinkbtheir official policy has changed or something. usually the receptionists try to avoid getting the loinge overcrowded by saying that you can use the lounge only for 2 hours, maximum 3 hrs before flight time, etc.

i would like to know if anyone has more clarity on this to remove uncertainty and so that i can carry enough lounge access cards with me next time!

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
During Domestic travel for lounge access is boarding pass and cardholder name should match or not? further is priority pass usage give some extra benefit or should just use Visa/ Master card, Finally is there any category at delhi airport for lounge? and on which basis?
Yes Boarding Pass They Need... But Any Card Is Allowed (If You Know The Pin)... There Are 3 Types Of Lounges On Delhi Airport

1. Plaza Premium - General
2. Plaza Premium - Vistara (Gold & Biz Class)
3. AMEX Centurion Lounge - Amex Platinum Charge & Above

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
In Domestic travel, they generally don't check but in internal travel, they do check it with your passport and don't allow if it doesn't match

In Domestic, 99.99% of the time they don't check but I came across this situation where I came out of the lounge in Mumbai to get my friend and swiped for him and he took my boarding pass as well to verify the name.

For overcrowding, they have come up with 3 hours before departure rule where they say you No when it is too early, happened with me in 080 Bangalore.
Instead, I asked them to swipe 2 cards for the additional hour and they agreed.

Last edited:

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
In Domestic travel, they generally don't check but in internal travel, they do check it with your passport and don't allow if it doesn't match

In Domestic, 99.99% of the time they don't check but I came across this situation where I came out of the lounge in Mumbai to get my friend and swiped for him and he took my boarding pass as well to verify the name.

For overcrowding, they have come up with 3 hours before departure rule where they say you No when it is too early, happened with me in 080 bangalore.
Instead, I asked them to swipe 2 cards for the additional access and they agreed.
Nowadays Everyone Can Access Lounge (You Can Get Lounge With Rs.300-500 Fees DC/CC)... So Lounges Nowadays Are Overcrowded... So Now Banks Will Gradually Drop The Lounges For Cheap Cards And This Feature Of Lounge Access Will Only Be Available For High End CC/DC... Everyone Has Seen The Example Of HDFC.

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Nowadays Everyone Can Access Lounge (You Can Get Lounge With Rs.300-500 Fees DC/CC)... So Lounges Nowadays Are Overcrowded... So Now Banks Will Gradually Drop The Lounges For Cheap Cards And This Feature Of Lounge Access Will Only Be Available For High End CC/DC... Everyone Has Seen The Example Of HDFC.
It's better to take as many cards as possible of all the banks (specially LTF while in offer) and keep on upgrading them
Eterna, YFE, IndusInd, etc. would help in such scenarios