• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Edit UPI id in google pay??

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hu guys
So I noticed something.
Google pay has added -1 in my UPI id in google pay.
I have Amazon pay, paytm, bhim, phonepe but none have -1 or -2 in the upi id.
So this -1 is causing some confusion for me.
Is there anyway to remove -1 from upi id?
For example say my UPI id is ABCD@UPI etc
But in google pay it is ABCD-1@OKHDFC...
I want to remove this -1 so that it becomes ABCD@OKHDFC..

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hu guys
So I noticed something.
Google pay has added -1 in my UPI id in google pay.
I have Amazon pay, paytm, bhim, phonepe but none have -1 or -2 in the upi id.
So this -1 is causing some confusion for me.
Is there anyway to remove -1 from upi id?
For example say my UPI id is ABCD@UPI etc
But in google pay it is ABCD-1@OKHDFC...
I want to remove this -1 so that it becomes ABCD@OKHDFC..
You must be having ABCD@OKHDFC upi id for some account already, so it's unavailable
That's why it added -1 etc. to it

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not possible. Gpay uses your email ID as a UPI ID and cloned names get automatically numbered.
Only Phonepe allows full control to change it(Two unique IDs for each bank account). And Paytm to a certain extent(One ID for all bank accounts).
Only PhonePe gives this custom UPI id feature? And no other UPI app?

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not possible. Gpay uses your email ID as a UPI ID and cloned names get automatically numbered.
Only Phonepe allows full control to change it(Two unique IDs for each bank account). And Paytm to a certain extent(One ID for all bank accounts).
Phonepe is not allowing to edit it. I just checked

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Your primary account will have the UPI ID without the -1 and every additional account will get -1, -2, -3 and so on.
No option to change as of now.

PhonePe seems to be the most customizable regarding the change of UPI IDs.

But it's only for primary account. No concept of custom ids per bank account in APay. Paytm, Freecharge I will check
is there any advantage of having multiple accounts linked to payttm/amz/phonepe?
why not use one single acct for all 3rd party payment and fund that acct from your other accts. that way, your primary accts are also insulated.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
But it's only for primary account. No concept of custom ids per bank account in APay. Paytm, Freecharge I will check
Only PhonePe allows that. If you used PhonePe in the initial days, it will use the phone number as ID of that time for that bank and won't allow it to change, as this feature wasn't there before. Hereafter you can have 2 ID slots per bank account, but choose wisely as you cannot change them later.

Every other app either uses your phone number or email as ID but cannot change it or those allow editing but only can have one ID for all bank accounts.

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
is there any advantage of having multiple accounts linked to payttm/amz/phonepe?
why not use one single acct for all 3rd party payment and fund that acct from your other accts. that way, your primary accts are also insulated.
Yeah, true. But there might be some cases when we need this feature.

Reaper

TF Select
All the bank apps permit this. At least for all the banks I hold accts in.
Also Amzpay, paytm & freecharge.
For AmazonPay, UPI ID will be our number followed by its handle. There is no such option to create a custom text. Are you able to create custom handle without showing your mobile number.

Where do you see the option for creating custom UPI handle where bank account is linked?
When I click on "Manage UPI IDs" it just shows UPI handles available, no option to create custom ID.
under manage upi id it shows option to "add id" with diff handles. click on "add id" against your preferred @ handle. next page you can enter custom string