• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Error message while applying for credit card

cybergvm

TF Buzz
I recently opened a HDFC Bank account and in the NetBanking login there was an offer for lifetime free credit card.

When I followed the link and entered my mobile number, DOB and OTP received, it was displaying an error message "Your request could not be processed. Please try again to continue". Screenshot attached for reference.

I tried many times both on mobile and PC, only to get the same result.

I have sent an email to HDFC CC customer care 2 days back. No response from them yet.

Can anyone in this forum tell me the reason for the error message and how to set right the issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-235938.png
    Screenshot_20220511-235938.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 007

TF Ace
TF Family
I recently opened a HDFC Bank account and in the NetBanking login there was an offer for lifetime free credit card.

When I followed the link and entered my mobile number, DOB and OTP received, it was displaying an error message "Your request could not be processed. Please try again to continue". Screenshot attached for reference.

I tried many times both on mobile and PC, only to get the same result.

I have sent an email to HDFC CC customer care 2 days back. No response from them yet.

Can anyone in this forum tell me the reason for the error message and how to set right the issue?
Mail to escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com with screenshots and relevant info. If they don't reply too, then CC to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com.
You should get a reply in a week or two.

cybergvm

TF Buzz
Just a flashback for your information:

I applied online for HDFC CC 6 months back, before opening my savings account with them.

That time i got phone calls a couple of times asking me to schedule date/time for collection of documents, though i had uploaded all the required documents at the time of applying itself.

Since, i was out of station during that time and my return was not scheduled, i asked them to call again during both occasions. But, after 2 or 3 calls in a span of around 10 days, i did not get any calls. I also could not call them on my return later as the numbers from which i got calls were not callable. (Probably they are outgoing only numbers)

After that, when i tracked my application number, some message like details don't exist or something similar was displayed. Before that tracking showed as application is under process.

As I had got my Axis Flipkart card and ICICI Amazon Pay card just a few days before that without any document submission, I also did not bother much about this and left it there without any follow-up.

Is it possible that the present issue may be a fallout of my earlier application not getting approved finally?

If yes, what is to be done to set right it. Your inputs and guidance please.

TF Ace
TF Family
Just a flashback for your information:

I applied online for HDFC CC 6 months back, before opening my savings account with them.

That time i got phone calls a couple of times asking me to schedule date/time for collection of documents, though i had uploaded all the required documents at the time of applying itself.

Since, i was out of station during that time and my return was not scheduled, i asked them to call again during both occasions. But, after 2 or 3 calls in a span of around 10 days, i did not get any calls. I also could not call them on my return later as the numbers from which i got calls were not callable. (Probably they are outgoing only numbers)

After that, when i tracked my application number, some message like details don't exist or something similar was displayed. Before that tracking showed as application is under process.

As I had got my Axis Flipkart card and ICICI Amazon Pay card just a few days before that without any document submission, I also did not bother much about this and left it there without any follow-up.

Is it possible that the present issue may be a fallout of my earlier application not getting approved finally?

If yes, what is to be done to set right it. Your inputs and guidance please.
In that scenario too, I would suggest you mail them. You can try offline (via branch) but imo it's not worth it, until and unless you know the BM/RM of that branch.

cybergvm

TF Buzz
Check out your existing application date in this link,

Exactly after six months from the last application date, you can proceed with your pre-approved offer application, it will go through without any problems.
Ok. Thanks for the information.
Check out your existing application date in this link,

Exactly after six months from the last application date, you can proceed with your pre-approved offer application, it will go through without any problems.
Checked the previous application date. As on date, it is a few days more than 6 months. Tried today also. Getting the same message.

Jeff

TF Neo
not sure about now.. earlier there was amazon voucher offer for pre-approved card offers.
I get notifications about the Amazon voucher on the netbanking portal and the app which redirect me to that link: https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/credit-cards/pre-approved-credit-cards?
which stops at that "Your request could not be processed. Please try again to continue" as the original post mentions.

The link that you provided: https://apply.hdfcbank.com/vivid/trackapplication
doesn't mention the voucher but it works.
Technically, their terms and conditions mention that we will get a gift voucher if we apply without any agent's help digitally:
So, I should get the voucher even if I apply from this link, right?

iAmPm

TF Premier
I am applying through official hdfc website after entering all employment and income details I am getting offer for 4-5 cards (DCP & tata neu infinity are the only considerable one). But I want to apply for millennia. How to do that? I have hdfc saving account and I am pretty new to hdfc system so waiting for experts guidance.
@Subhankar @007 @alphadark7 @Batmanbaba pls assist

Last edited:

silly_putty

TF Premier
its still same for me. Seems like have to wait for particular card's pre-approved offer.
i was trying to apply for times card for times prime membership, it was a pre approved card for me but at the end, i get this error.

EDIT:- It works when you apply from a laptop browser, ig the website isn't optimized for mobile browsers

Last edited: