• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Extra 23 points for 200 spend above 1.5L for Magnus status

Ace87

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi

I have spend around 4L in the month of Oct and is still waiting for the extra 23 bonus points per 200 above the 1.5L limit.

Has anyone received the same or all waiting for the same ?

Thought this could be a thread for us to share when we receive it so that everyone can be aware of it.

Thanks

drsel

TF Legend
Please phone Magnus Burgundy VIP customer care and demand an explanation as to when the 23 bonus points will be credited and let us all know.
I am glad you told us. I will not use my Burgundy card until this is clarified.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Also has anyone received 4x bonus points for Grabdeals, Traveledge and Gyftr?

If so, after how many days for
1. Grabdeals
2. Traveledge
3. Gyftr
After Sept 1st, Traveledge bonus points are credited within a week along with the base points.. Not seprate i.e. 60 ER for Rs200 spent.

Bonus for Grabdeals and Gyftr are creditted within 90days from the end of the month where the transaction was made.

Bonus 23 points for spending more than 1.5 lakh rupees are creditted within 45days from the end of the month. But there are so many exclusion in this that it is hard to track.

Reactions: 787

drsel

TF Legend
After Sept 1st, Traveledge bonus points are credited within a week along with the base points.. Not seprate i.e. 60 ER for Rs200 spent..
This is exactly how all points should be credited in one shot.
it's difficult to keep a track of points coming after 90 days

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Hi

I have spend around 4L in the month of Oct and is still waiting for the extra 23 bonus points per 200 above the 1.5L limit.

Has anyone received the same or all waiting for the same ?

Thought this could be a thread for us to share when we receive it so that everyone can be aware of it.

Thanks
Magnus or Magnus Burgundy credit of Egde points timeline--

Burgundy 23/200 bonus points (over 1.5 lacs)= 45 days
Traveledge 60/200 points = 7 days
Grabdeals 1x or 12/200 = 3 days
Grabdeals 4x or 48/200 points = 90 days
Gyftr 1x or 12/200 = 3 days
Gyftr 4x or 48/200 points = 90 days

Last edited:
Reactions: 787

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Anyway Traveledge airfares are 10% more.
they are obviously inflated to cover the cost of 24% points issued (60 on 200, 4:5 ratio)
Somehow I always found it to be +/- ₹200 of make my trip per ticket.
Infact for my latest flight booking, I had free checkin baggage on travel edge but had to pay extra if I booked to make my trip. Cleartrip and other websites were lot of expensive.

I don’t have Magnus for burgandy so 12% returns for ₹600 extra on a ₹33k spend was worth for me (family of 3) additionally free check in baggage

drsel

TF Legend
Somehow I always found it to be +/- ₹200 of make my trip per ticket.
Infact for my latest flight booking, I had free checkin baggage on travel edge but had to pay extra if I booked to make my trip. Cleartrip and other websites were lot of expensive.

I don’t have Magnus for burgandy so 12% returns for ₹600 extra on a ₹33k spend was worth for me (family of 3) additionally free check in baggage
Glad to know that for domestic airfares the price inflation is only Rs.200.
But I was talking about international airfares, where the difference is over 10%
eg. 2 Mumbai to Dubai return air tickets --
70000 Traveledge (no discount, no convenience fee)
vs
62500 Cleartrip (after including the highest/max. discount coupon code and also convenience fees levied by Cleartrip or MakeMyTrip)

Last edited:

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Glad to know that for domestic airfares the price inflation is only Rs.200.
But I was talking about international airfares, where it's over 10%
eg. 70000 vs 62500 for 2 Mumbai to Dubai return tickets, after including the credit card discount and convenience fees levied by Cleartrip or MakeMyTrip
Well, latest experince of Rs200/ticket was local flights in NZ and booked 5 months before the travel.

I have prevoulsy booked BLR - Colombo and back - I paid Rs 500 "less" than MMT for a family of 5
And BLR to Bodh Gaya and Varansi to BLR - for a family of 5, I paid Rs. "800" more than MMT for a family of 5.

Above bookings were made atleast 2 months in advance. How about you? did you book in advance or when you were closer to travel dates?

drsel

TF Legend
Well, latest experince of Rs200/ticket was local flights in NZ and booked 5 months before the travel.

I have prevoulsy booked BLR - Colombo and back - I paid Rs 500 "less" than MMT for a family of 5
And BLR to Bodh Gaya and Varansi to BLR - for a family of 5, I paid Rs. "800" more than MMT for a family of 5.

Above bookings were made atleast 2 months in advance. How about you? did you book in advance or when you were closer to travel dates?
I booked one month prior, as soon as we got the multiple entry visa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I booked on travel edge for domestic indigo flights on 28 nov for flight date 12 December using my Magnus Burgundy card.

Only base 6ER/200 received till now.
So they are not crediting them altogether.

When do you think they post the remaining 54ER.

Thanks!

drsel

TF Legend
I booked on travel edge for domestic indigo flights on 28 nov for flight date 12 December using my Magnus Burgundy card.

Only base 6ER/200 received till now.
So they are not crediting them altogether.

When do you think they post the remaining 54ER.

Thanks!
Should be around mid January
How much less was the price on the airline website in % terms?

Last edited: