• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

FAQ: SBI wealth account upgrade to IIT/IIM/Other univ.

Post number 1 has been selected as best answer.

rrsji

TF Premier
Hello TFinonians
You have gone through the SBI Wealth upgrade post on the forum but sometimes always found it hard to get because of nonawareness nearby in local.
Benefits of wealth account:
ZERO MAB, No AMC, No DD charges, No cheque issue charges even with high number of leaves, Unlimited ATM withdrawals without paying fees, in some cases FREE Demate with zero joining zero amc, SBI elite FYF, Rupey select DC, 50% discount on locker, and many more will be updated later as it comes to my knowledge (Members please provide offers in the comments section)

Note: IIT programs don't get dedicated RM, but the manager on the wealth section where you have your account is one phone call away.

Here are some FAQ

Q: Who is eligible for SBI wealth?
A: a student (they will ask for a College ID card) currently doing a B.tech/IDD/M.tech/PhD in any IIT/IIM. this is confirmed for me. what is not confirmed but may have this offer is NITs and Other ranking institutes like IISC, BHU, JNU, DTU, etc. IIT/IIM/few-other faculties are also eligible for it. However, they usually opt for the TRV version because RM will sweetly give away select cards and even drive you home.

Q: Where to get upgraded?
A: The institute has SBI branches on their campus. In my campus, there are two SBI branches, one ICICI, and possibly a few more hidden inside the campus. You can inquire if they have a Wealth section in the branch. This is an offline system, but once you find it, they can even come to your home to assist you. The wealth section is a glass cabin with "Wealth" written all over the glass walls, making it difficult to see inside. Just step in and say, "I want to upgrade my account to SBI wealth." Rest they will guide you. hardly 15min process for documentation and wealth will be upgraded in 3 to 7 days.

Q: I can't find the SBI branch in the institute, and the branch inside the institute doesn't have the SBI wealth section. How can I get it?
A: This is what happened to me. My SBI branch didn't have a Wealth section in it but had the most awarded branch in India :p. You can locate the nearest SBI branch even if you don't currently have an account with them. Once you find the nearest branch, inquire about upgrading your account to the "wealth" program. They will then transfer your account to their branch. Don't worry; the "wealth" program allows you to access any branch just like your home branch in India. The account transfer process takes a maximum of 24 hours. Visit the following day and provide your college ID card, Aadhar number, and Pan card. You will need to fill in two or three fields in the document, and the rest will be completed using the information from your IDs. If you forget your signature, the staff will even show you the signature they have on file for you. They will assist you to the best of their ability, and may even offer you tea and snacks. After filling out the form, the Relationship Manager won't contact you, but you will receive a message regarding the dispatch of a card. However, keep an eye on SBI net banking; your "wealth" module will be activated for you once the account is upgraded.

Q: what if I am not at home or on internship?
A: This is a relevant case because most students go on an internship after their third year, and PhDs move to different labs for further work and collaborations. You can ask a friend to visit SBI branches near your home institute, preferably someone who already has an SBI wealth account. They should explain the situation to the manager of the wealth section. The manager will then send someone from a nearby SBI branch of your current location. For example, if your institute is in Delhi but you are currently in Bangalore, they will send someone with documents to Bangalore at your home. Just provide them with your address and phone number. The person will come to your place with the application form, and it will be done as if you had visited the branch. It may take a little extra time as the documents need to travel from HQ to other places and other additional procedures because those managers earn plenty of referral bonuses on wealth upgrades, and they don't want to miss out on any.

Q: I have more than one SBI account due to salary/fellowship/blah blah reason. Can I get all upgraded?
A: The short answer is NO. Only one account will be upgraded at a time. If your account is located in a different branch in India, it will first be transferred to your branch and then upgraded. Additionally, all your accounts will be linked under one CIF (Customer Information File) if you have multiple accounts, and you will be able to see all your accounts in internet banking using a single set of credentials.

If you have any other questions, please ask in the comment section. I will update the post if the question is common, otherwise, I'll answer it in the comment section.

BE KIND AND HIT REACTION IF YOU LIKE THE POST

Last edited:

sam1803

TF Buzz
Did you find out whether any PhD student can do it? And have you filled the wealth upgrade form?

I filled it yesterday but the SBI wealth employee is saying she doesn't know about the eligibility criteria under this offer.
I enquired for my sister, she has yet to contact the branch. If I get any info from her I will update here.