• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Federal Bank cancelled my Imperio Card

aromalanil

TF Buzz
As a long-term customer of Federal Bank (approximately 10 years), I was extremely excited when they announced their cards as LTF (Lifetime Free). I applied for that card and was approved for an Imperio Card. I started spending on it, as there was a special offer of receiving an Amazon Gift Voucher worth ₹400 if I spent ₹5000 within the first month.

After spending ₹5000, I also used the card for some Swiggy orders. Everything seemed fine until one day when I received a message from the bank stating that my card had been blocked. I immediately contacted customer care, and they informed me that my details were not updated and asked me to wait for 24 hours. I followed their instructions but when I called after 24 hours, they instructed me to visit the nearest branch. Unfortunately, the branch personnel had no idea about the issue.

Frustrated, I contacted customer care again after 3 days. They informed me that the card had been approved for me, despite me being ineligible due to a technical glitch. This explanation made no sense to me since I have a CIBIL score of 770, a good repayment history, and a salary that meets the eligibility requirements. They mentioned that the card had been put on hold for review.

Today, when I contacted them again, they informed me that the card had been cancelled.They have also stated that they will not credit the points and voucher as promised. This has been a truly disappointing experience with the bank, and it makes me question their reliability.

Is there anything I can do in this situation?

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Escalate to PNO, then MD/CEO and finally RBI. I don't know how successful that will be though. As banks reserve the right to issue or deny cards.

The bank has reinstated my card today. Kept escalating, also kept contacting the branch. Contacted them on social media as well, though their initial response was to just give the credit card email ID. All combined, 3 days after denying my request to reinstating the card, the bank decided to reactivate my card. Initially, even after receiving the mail about reinstating the card, I was not able to do transaction, as I was getting error that 'the mobile number is not linked to your card'. But after half an hour that also got sorted.

aromalanil

TF Buzz
Update: My card got reinstated. I also got my Amazon voucher, thanks to RBI Ombudsman.

Here is the response from bank.

This is in reference to the complaint number <complaint-number> you have registered with the honorable Banking Ombudsman. We are glad to inform you that the credit card has been reinstated successfully in your favor and Amazon Pay E-Gift Card worth ₹400/- has also been sent to your registered email address.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Update: My card got reinstated. I also got my Amazon voucher, thanks to RBI Ombudsman.

Here is the response from bank.

This is in reference to the complaint number <complaint-number> you have registered with the honorable Banking Ombudsman. We are glad to inform you that the credit card has been reinstated successfully in your favor and Amazon Pay E-Gift Card worth ₹400/- has also been sent to your registered email address.

Hope the bank works on fixing accountability for such terrible missteps.